• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Aspartame Dangerous? Discover the Facts

In summary, Aspartame has been linked to numerous health issues such as abdominal pain, anxiety attacks, asthma, bloating, blood sugar control problems, brain cancer, breathing difficulties, burning eyes or throat, confusion, depression, dizziness, fatigue, hair loss, headaches, heart palpitations, hives, hypertension, infection susceptibility, insomnia, joint pains, memory loss, menstrual problems, migraines, muscle spasms, numbness, panic attacks, phob

What do you think?

• Its true! STAY AWAY FROM IT!

Votes: 39 58.2%
  • Who knows.... I'm not worried.

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Don't worry about it... Something's gonna get you!

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Its not true.

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
britishchef said:
Since my Mum came off aspartame her MS symptoms and migraines have improved. They're not gone, but they've improved. I am NOT a fan of artificial sweeteners at all! I'd rather have the calories of sugar.
That's amazing!

I think in the long run, something will get you, but I figure if I can minimalize it, why not give it a try.

Can I offer something else? My director shared with me that there's a staggering statistic that something like 60% of those diagnosed with ADD is actaully a SEVERE reaction to a food allergy. Years ago, her son was diagnoised with ADD and the Dr. wanted to medicate him. To make a long story short, her husband is a chiropractor and they don't usually turn to medicine until its a last resort, so she did some research and some testing and found that her boy was allergic to milk. Can you imagine? How much milk does a child consume? Once he stopped drinking it, it was just a matter of time before his behavior improved. Something so simple.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a doctor and don't say this to cause anyone to be upset with me and I am not saying that medication isn't neccesary, just that I found that what she shared with me interesting. So please know that I offer that from a very loving place. There are many situtations were medicine is the best solution.

Never mind.....I was gonna ask something but I found it...Long morning brain not working right! LOL :)

Last edited:
I only hop on here once every few days but I am sooo excited to find this topic on here. I have been a real sugar advocate for about a year and will never consume aspartame again. I have never been a diet soda drinker but gum is almost imposible to find that is not sugarless. Even the stuff with xyoltol (sp?) that is suppose to be good for your teeth still has aspartame in it.

The reason (I feel) that the FDA has not approved the natural alternative mentioned in a previous post is the $$ they stand to loose by marketing something natural vrs a chemical they made in a lab. They can mass produce these chemical for very little $$ and continue to keep us sick so we have to rely on the health care system (which a lot of $$ is also made off from) when all we have to do in some cases is to stop injesting these chemicals.

There are so many instances where this is true (I will try not to get started on the Trans Fat thing which by the way has been banned in Europe but no... not here, or the over use of perscription drugs) Believe me I am in no way anti-government or anti Doctors or even a health nut I just believe that there is a lot of this stuff that we can control ourselves if given the correct information.

The local hospital where I live has taken it upon themselves to fight the obisety problem in the US. Want to know how?? They have taken all regular drinks from the vending machines and replaced everything with DIET!!! Can you imagine??? A hospital forcing its patients and visitors no other choice but to consume drinks that have a chemical in them known to cause cancer, proven to not help you loose weight but GAIN weight because of the way that the chemical reacts to your body and slews and slews of other medical problems. OK... I think that I am done or now :) but my point is is that I am sooo happy to see how many people are aware that this compound is a problem.

dawnsclassycupboard said:
The local hospital where I live has taken it upon themselves to fight the obisety problem in the US. Want to know how?? They have taken all regular drinks from the vending machines and replaced everything with DIET!!! Can you imagine??? A hospital forcing its patients and visitors no other choice but to consume drinks that have a chemical in them known to cause cancer, proven to not help you loose weight but GAIN weight because of the way that the chemical reacts to your body and slews and slews of other medical problems. OK... I think that I am done or now :) but my point is is that I am sooo happy to see how many people are aware that this compound is a problem.

Dawn I am so glad you were moved to post on this thread!!! The story about the hospital is just INSANE!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather9892
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Back