• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Led Carol in Algonquin, IL to Consider Direct Sales?

In summary, Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and pantry items through independent consultants. The speaker has been a fan of Pampered Chef for many years and decided to become a consultant due to the flexibility it offers as a working mom. They are able to balance their full-time job as a home mortgage consultant with their Pampered Chef business. Although they have just started their journey as a consultant, they are already excited about the potential and have received support and advice from the Pampered Chef community.
Humble Beginnings
Hi everyone,

I just thought after all the snooping I've been doing for the last few weeks that it was time to jump in. Reading everyone's advice and all the support here has made my decision to move forward and sign so much easier. I SIGN tomorrow and have my 4 shows ready to go for June. So excited!

Just to give you some background. I have been a PC fan for many years. I didn't realized how much I owned until I decided to possibly do this. For awhile now I have been struggling with my full time job. I work as a home mortgage consultant for the last 8 years and as some of you may know, the housing industry has gone through some major changes. :cry: With all the changes, my business has suffered so I'm just not bringing home the income I use to. However sespite that he flexibility my ft job gives me to be able to work from home and be here for my kids is something that I wasn't ready to give up. So although I'm not ready to leave the mortgage business I had to start thinking of other ways to generate some additional income. It's easy for some to say just go get a part time job but it isn't that easy. I'm a divorced mom of 10 year twin girls so I needed to find something that would give me that same flexibility so I can be here to pick them up from school, take to softball games and all the other events we do. So one day it hit me, I need to look into doing DS and the first company that came to mind was PC. I love to cook and do it every night for my girls, they have also become quite the chefs. :) On top of that I love the products! :sing: Perfect fit!

So here I am! I'm looking forward to this new venture and have a very good feeling that what I'm doing is the right thing.

So thank you again for all your advice and insight. I'm sure I'll be jumping in more now that I've had a chance to introduce myself. :chef:

Carol

Welcome, Carol. Glad to have you abroad!

Welcome Carol. It sounds like you will do an awsome job.

Congratulations on your decision! Welcome aboard!

Welcome Carol!I'm in Chicagoland as well. Who is your recruiter/director?

Welcome Aboard!!!:)

Welcome to the family Carol!!

DebbieJ said:
Welcome Carol!

I'm in Chicagoland as well. Who is your recruiter/director?

Hi everyone, thank you for the warm welcome!

Deb, I've been looking around for Chicago people. My director is Christine Fleury she is out in Batavia. I went on PC site and they referred her to me. What suburb are you in?

Last edited:
Hi, Carol! I'm a Chicagoan too. I'm in Oak Park, just West of the city. I've been through Algonquin on the bike path!

Hi!

That's about all we really do have out here in Algonquin :) Can't say I visit them as much as I should but I know the scenic routes are suppose to be pretty.

I moved here from Hoffman and orginally grew up on the Northwest side of Chicago. I've been to Oak Park plenty of times when I was younger but since I've moved out here I've been pretty remote.

Welcome Carol! Congratulations on your new business!

hi Carol,I'm down in the south suburbs. I don't know Christine. Is she under Carrie Scalcucci? That's the only other Director I know in Batavia.Anyway, welcome!

Humble Beginnings said:
Hi everyone,

I just thought after all the snooping I've been doing for the last few weeks that it was time to jump in. Reading everyone's advice and all the support here has made my decision to move forward and sign so much easier. I SIGN tomorrow and have my 4 shows ready to go for June. So excited!

Just to give you some background. I have been a PC fan for many years. I didn't realized how much I owned until I decided to possibly do this. For awhile now I have been struggling with my full time job. I work as a home mortgage consultant for the last 8 years and as some of you may know, the housing industry has gone through some major changes. :cry: With all the changes, my business has suffered so I'm just not bringing home the income I use to. However sespite that he flexibility my ft job gives me to be able to work from home and be here for my kids is something that I wasn't ready to give up. So although I'm not ready to leave the mortgage business I had to start thinking of other ways to generate some additional income. It's easy for some to say just go get a part time job but it isn't that easy. I'm a divorced mom of 10 year twin girls so I needed to find something that would give me that same flexibility so I can be here to pick them up from school, take to softball games and all the other events we do. So one day it hit me, I need to look into doing DS and the first company that came to mind was PC. I love to cook and do it every night for my girls, they have also become quite the chefs. :) On top of that I love the products! :sing: Perfect fit!

So here I am! I'm looking forward to this new venture and have a very good feeling that what I'm doing is the right thing.

So thank you again for all your advice and insight. I'm sure I'll be jumping in more now that I've had a chance to introduce myself. :chef:

Carol

Welcome- I used to be a mortgage consultant with Wells Fargo--- needless to say that didn't end well. :) You'll love PC and you'll love us even more! Best of luck on your June shows!!!

I know Christine- she is a sweetie. Doris Frame is in Batavia also. She is a Senior Director, I believe (Janice, am I right ?)

Oh, Doris! I saw her on Weds at our Directors meeting. Sweet, sweet gal.

mrssyvo said:
I know Christine- she is a sweetie. Doris Frame is in Batavia also. She is a Senior Director, I believe (Janice, am I right ?)

Yes she is, she has been really helpful. I'm happy this all started out on a good note. Also she did mention Carrie I haven't met her but we are having a June 9th meeting so I'm looking forward to being introduced to the group.

Kitchen Diva said:
Welcome- I used to be a mortgage consultant with Wells Fargo--- needless to say that didn't end well. :) You'll love PC and you'll love us even more! Best of luck on your June shows!!!

Hi Kacey

Have to say I've seen a couple of your post and you crack me up :D

Small world because the company I'm with now is Wells, but I work under a joint venture with Wells and a builder. It's been really hard lately don't know how much longer I will hold on. Everyone keeps saying if you can weather this storm you will be fine, but since I'm the only one bringing in the income there's just so much holding I can do.

I'm excited about PC it's given me something to get excited about lately.

Humble Beginnings said:
Hi everyone, thank you for the warm welcome!

Deb, I've been looking around for Chicago people. My director is Christine Fleury she is out in Batavia. I went on PC site and they referred her to me. What suburb are you in?
Hi Carol! Now I found your introduction. Welcome! I can't remember if I have met Christine or not, but I definitely know the name! She must be pretty close to me because I'm about a half mile from Batavia.

That's awesome that you found PC and the flexbility and FUN it brings! I wish you lots of luck in your business.

Hello, Carol. Welcome!

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that sells high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and pantry items through independent consultants.

2. How long have you been a fan of Pampered Chef?

I have been a fan of Pampered Chef for many years.

3. What made you decide to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a working mom, I was looking for a flexible way to generate additional income while still being able to spend time with my children. With my love for cooking and the quality of Pampered Chef products, becoming a consultant seemed like the perfect fit.

4. How do you balance being a Pampered Chef consultant and your full-time job?

Although my full-time job as a home mortgage consultant can be demanding, the flexibility it offers allows me to also focus on my Pampered Chef business. I am able to schedule shows and events around my work schedule and still have time for my family.

5. Can you tell us about your experience as a Pampered Chef consultant so far?

I just started my journey as a Pampered Chef consultant, but I am already excited about the potential and possibilities. I have my first shows lined up and I am grateful for the support and advice from the Pampered Chef community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Carol Collins
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • mary wieling
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Deb Hagen