• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Preparing Rush Hour Fajitas with a Food Chopper or MFP

In summary, to make the guacamole, you put the ingredients in the food chopper or MFP, mix, and then dump it into a bowl. To make the salsa, you put the ingredients in the MFP, mix, and then dump it into a bowl.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I have a host who wants the rush hour fajitas for her show tomorrow. I want to be prepared if she wants guacamole or fresh salsa. How do you make these using the food chopper or MFP?

I make a fresh salsa using: 5-6 Roma Tomatoes, veggie wedged or cut into chunks
1/2 to 1/4 of an onion, either in wedges or chopped in the food chopper - I usually ask if everyone's seen the food chopper. If yes, I just put wedges in, if no, I'll show that on the onions.
a jalapeno pepper diced (show cutlery)
a handful of fresh cilantro
a squeeze of limeWe do it in a few batches, dumping into a larger bowl (I use the small stainless bowl) each time. When it's all in there, I season with salt and whatever rub I used on the fajitas (chipotle, southwest, or chili lime, all are good). Then I move the salsa to one of the small simple additions square bowls from my kit, leaving about 1/4 cup of salsa in the bowl. I cube up two avocados before the demo, and sprinkle them with lime juice so they don't overly brown. Then we just dump those in the MFP and process until smooth. When it's smooth enough, dump that into the remaining 1/4 cup of salsa and stir to combine. Then it goes in the other SA bowl in the caddy. People really like the idea of making both guac and salsa at once.

I do the same for salsa, except I don't dice anything before it goes into the MFP. I just wedge the tomatoes and onions. I usually throw some of the green pepper that was cut for the fajitas in there. Along with a seeded jalapeno that cut into quarters, and a clove of pressed garlic. I process all that, add the cilantro at the end, process a few more times. Then I put it into another bowl, add lime juice and salt!

mountainmama74 said:
I do the same for salsa, except I don't dice anything before it goes into the MFP. I just wedge the tomatoes and onions. I usually throw some of the green pepper that was cut for the fajitas in there. Along with a seeded jalapeno that cut into quarters, and a clove of pressed garlic. I process all that, add the cilantro at the end, process a few more times. Then I put it into another bowl, add lime juice and salt!
Yes. I make it as little work as possible and let the MFP do the work. After making the salsa I move all but about half cup (we found 1/4 cup wasn't enough for us) out of the MFP and then add the avocado, then process to make the guacamole. Yum!Eta: My ingredients are tomatoes, onion, jalapeño pepper, cilantro. I put them all in at the start (I like the cilantro chopped so that there isn't any big pieces of it in there) and after processing squeeze juice of 1/2 a lime in. My last host can't eat spicy so we did a first batch without the jalapeño and it actually tasted pretty good.

I make the salsa first in the mfp. then I use the 2 cup prep bowl (or small batter bowl), half and peel 2 avocados, put in the bowl and use the mix & chop to mash the avocado. then I stir in about 1/3 cup salsa from the mfp. that way, guests can use either. I do the avocado there so I can tell them about it, share about tools & safety for getting the pit out, etc.

Well, it looks like she doesn't want to bother with making it ... so I will just bring my two bowl caddy for the salsa and stuff. She did ask if we were putting a clove of garlic in the fajitas ... I didn't see that in the recipe but it certainly can't hurt!

Intrepid_Chef said:
Well, it looks like she doesn't want to bother with making it ... so I will just bring my two bowl caddy for the salsa and stuff. She did ask if we were putting a clove of garlic in the fajitas ... I didn't see that in the recipe but it certainly can't hurt!

Some versions of the recipe have garlic so you're fine.

1. How do I properly clean and care for my food chopper or MFP?

To clean your food chopper or MFP, first remove all food debris and rinse with warm water. Then, use a small brush or toothpick to remove any remaining bits of food. For tougher stains, you can mix a solution of warm water and mild dish soap and gently scrub the blades and base. Be sure to rinse thoroughly and dry completely before storing. It is also important to regularly lubricate the blades with food-safe oil and avoid putting them in the dishwasher.

2. Can I use my food chopper or MFP to chop vegetables and meats for fajitas?

Yes, absolutely! Our food chopper and MFP are designed to efficiently chop a variety of ingredients, including vegetables and meats. Simply cut your ingredients into smaller pieces and pulse them in the food chopper or MFP until they reach the desired consistency for your fajitas.

3. How long should I pulse the food chopper or MFP when chopping ingredients for fajitas?

The length of time you pulse the food chopper or MFP will depend on the ingredients and your desired consistency. We recommend starting with short pulses and checking the ingredients after each one. For softer ingredients like onions and peppers, it may only take a few pulses, while tougher ingredients like chicken may require longer pulses.

4. Can I use my food chopper or MFP for other recipes besides fajitas?

Yes, our food chopper and MFP are versatile tools that can be used for a variety of recipes, from salads to soups to sauces. They are especially handy for any recipe that requires finely chopped or minced ingredients. You can also use them for making homemade salsa, guacamole, and other dips.

5. Is there a specific way to load the ingredients into the food chopper or MFP for fajitas?

We recommend evenly distributing the ingredients in the food chopper or MFP, making sure not to overload it. It is also important to cut the ingredients into smaller pieces before loading them in for more efficient chopping. Be sure to follow the specific instructions for your particular food chopper or MFP model for the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
otisbg
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • PCBakerGirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShellBeach