• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Walmart Change a Shopper's Mind with Bargain Jeans and Petite Sizes?

In summary, Walmart carries Levi's Super Slimming jeans which are not "mom jeans" but do fit the fluffier, perhaps post-baby figure. The conversion to the dark side begins with the purchase of these jeans.
susanr613
Gold Member
OK so I never liked shopping at Walmart....messy crowded aisles and the whole exploit the workers for world domination thing.

Then I read an article in the Sunday paper that they carry Levi's Super Slimming jeans which are not "mom jeans" but do fit the fluffier, perhaps post-baby figure. Granted, my baby is 11 years old, but all those chocolate milkshakes are still hanging around. So, off I went (by foot since it's so close) to Walmart this morning.

:sing: Lo and behold, they have PETITE JEANS AND PANTS! :sing: This store did not have the Levis, but they had Lee, which are almost as good if you get a low-rise waist so there's less waist gap. I found jeans, khakis, and black pants all at less than $20 a pair! I also scored shorts for $3/pair.

I am going to write off the khakis and black pants since they will be my show clothes. I am going to wear the jeans EVERYWHERE ELSE. The best part is that they were so inexpensive that I will not have a problem replacing them with smaller sizes as the weeks and months go by (really I will this time).

Just thought I'd share...... :D

I love Walmart... But I live within 10 minutes of three of them. So they are never overcrowded. I have visited other cites Walmarts and would never shop in them due to crowds.
i find them cheap then any other grocery store in my area and I too love the $3 racks!

Walmart is basically the only place we have to shop around, at least at affordable prices.

I do love the clearance racks. Their clothes are good prices. I do not mind buying generic clothing like pants there but I do not like buying things like dresses and tops b/c in my small area everyon else will be wearing the same thing!

The conversion of Susan to the dark side has begun...

susanr613 said:
:sing: Lo and behold, they have PETITE JEANS AND PANTS! :sing: This store did not have the Levis, but they had Lee, which are almost as good if you get a low-rise waist so there's less waist gap. I found jeans, khakis, and black pants all at less than $20 a pair! I also scored shorts for $3/pair.

I am going to write off the khakis and black pants since they will be my show clothes. I am going to wear the jeans EVERYWHERE ELSE. The best part is that they were so inexpensive that I will not have a problem replacing them with smaller sizes as the weeks and months go by (really I will this time).

Just thought I'd share...... :D

Just a wee-bitty hi-jack. My accountant told me I can't write off clothes unless they say Pampered Chef on them - then they'd be an advertising write-off. You might just want to check on that so that you don't get in any trouble...

thanks diane - i will check with my acct.

KG, I hope you're wrong!!!!! ;-)

I work at wal-mart

I work the swing shift Sat- Wed 4 pm to 1 am

and I saw the documentary a long time ago about the Quote Exploits of employees UnQoute and it didn't stop me from getting a job there.

the company is just all the other companies you work as hard as possible without spending any money. So we all run around to stock and make sure the customer is happy. Sounds just any other retail company that I've worked for over the years.

Well we need the medical benefits and we don't want to put our baby into daycare...

So my hubby works 2 jobs every other day but his hours are 7 am to 3 pm, and then we see each other in passing a work from 4 pm to 1 am and when i come home both are asleep...

But a note on their grocery prices, they buy in bulk so they can offer grocery prices cheaper than the grocery stores. because they are international and have their own distribution warehouses so can buy more than your local grocery store because I dont know of any other grocery store that is international...

Do I need to post the weekly specials at Wal-Mart online...?

;)

Hi Allison, I'm glad that you are satisfied working at Wal-mart! Now I don't feel so bad about shopping there.

susanr613 said:
thanks diane - i will check with my acct.

KG, I hope you're wrong!!!!! ;-)

The conversion takes awhile, but all of a sudden, you wake up one morning and say, "WHAT was I THINKING?!?" and then you're one of us. :) You'll find a wonderful book out there by Harry Stein (you'll know the title when you see it) that is about just that kind of catharsis. Wal-Mart is just the start!

Here my .02.......I don't work FOR Wal-Mart, but I work for a produce company and my job is managing inventory for WM. What I do is go into their inventory system, project what the sales will be, cut the purchase orders and send the product to the distribution centers for them.

My personal opinion is that I CANNOT stand the company. Granted, it is because of them that I get my paycheck. I don't work with anyone at the store level, but I work with their home office team. It is simply AMAZING the way they conduct business (and I don't necessarily mean that in a good way). They hold their suppliers to MUCH higher standards than any other retailer, all the while treating them like cr*p. I could go on and on and on, but I won't.

This is what I have found.......I shop at Target on a regular basis, and while I hear all the time how much higher Target prices are over WM, when detailing with the grocery side of it, they are very comparable. We do store retail checks quite often.

My biggest problem with WM is (excluding my business relationship side of it) I am not a patient shopper and cannot deal with the check out lanes. It always takes me about 30 minutes longer to shop at WM than Target. But, that could be where I live, it could just be ME!!

KG - noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I love the prices at Walmart and I love the convenience of getting everything in one stop. The down side is that the store is so huge that it takes so long to go all over getting those things. I make sure to get the groceries, especially regrigerated items dead last. The lines are pretty long at times. But it's still faster than driving to multiple stores. And my money goes a lot further there. It's a little further away than my grocery store, so I only go there when I need household items and other things in addition to food.

I also do WalMart, AFTER I shop at my "list" stores through The Grocery Game. Reason being is this: I can do price matches at WalMart on items that may not be on my "list" for the week and still lower my grocery bill. Plus, it saves me time, effort, and gas (the time and effort is important with a 3 year old in tow and being 6 months preggo) since I can get food and non-food items all at the same place!

“We're all working together; that's the secret. And we'll lower the cost of living for everyone, not just in America, but we'll give the world an opportunity to see what it's like to save and have a better lifestyle, a better life for all. We're proud of what we've accomplished; we've just begun.” - Sam Walton (1918-1992)3800 stores and growing...the must be doing something right!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
“We're all working together; that's the secret. And we'll lower the cost of living for everyone, not just in America, but we'll give the world an opportunity to see what it's like to save and have a better lifestyle, a better life for all. We're proud of what we've accomplished; we've just begun.” - Sam Walton (1918-1992)

3800 stores and growing...the must be doing something right!

They are like the big bullies on the playground!! I will say that they have transformed the grocery industry (I don't know as much about the retail side of it). Unfortunately, they have put many, many IGA's out of business and have even hurt (badly), the Krogers/Albertson's/Randall's/Tom Thumbs/Safeway of the worlds.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
“We're all working together; that's the secret. And we'll lower the cost of living for everyone, not just in America, but we'll give the world an opportunity to see what it's like to save and have a better lifestyle, a better life for all. We're proud of what we've accomplished; we've just begun.” - Sam Walton (1918-1992)

3800 stores and growing...the must be doing something right!

Walmart was a much more ethically run company when Sam Walton was alive. Too bad his heirs have been so greedy as to give the company the bad reputation it has now.

Last edited:
My daughter is going to school in Searcy Arkansas, home of walmart. That is all there is to shop. No Target. They have a Kroger, small Penny's & Big Lots & dollar stores, but that's about it.

Ann R.

Of course Walmart is taking over Champaign-Urbana. We have 3 super walmarts. Meijer is adding a second store. I wish we would get a super Target here.

susanr613 said:
OK so I never liked shopping at Walmart....messy crowded aisles and the whole exploit the workers for world domination thing.Then I read an article in the Sunday paper that they carry Levi's Super Slimming jeans which are not "mom jeans" but do fit the fluffier, perhaps post-baby figure. Granted, my baby is 11 years old, but all those chocolate milkshakes are still hanging around. So, off I went (by foot since it's so close) to Walmart this morning.:sing: Lo and behold, they have PETITE JEANS AND PANTS! :sing: This store did not have the Levis, but they had Lee, which are almost as good if you get a low-rise waist so there's less waist gap. I found jeans, khakis, and black pants all at less than $20 a pair! I also scored shorts for $3/pair.I am going to write off the khakis and black pants since they will be my show clothes. I am going to wear the jeans EVERYWHERE ELSE. The best part is that they were so inexpensive that I will not have a problem replacing them with smaller sizes as the weeks and months go by (really I will this time).Just thought I'd share...... :D
I have those same Lee pants. I was excited because I cane NEVER find dressier pants in TALL! These pants are so comfortable! I like them better than my once favorite jeans!!!Our Walmart has always been very nice & clean. I have been to some that aren't so nice. In fact, I was at one in Salt Lake City recently that was downright scary!!!I refuse to buy anything Levi. (Please tell me Lee isn't owned by Levi!). They have a commercial out right now that is offensive & irresponsible. It shows a guy & a girl undressing (in the hallway of the apartment building). He makes some comment & she says "that's ok, this isn't really my apartment."Bev

aried said:
My daughter is going to school in Searcy Arkansas, home of walmart. That is all there is to shop. No Target. They have a Kroger, small Penny's & Big Lots & dollar stores, but that's about it.Ann R.
Is she going to Harding? We drove through Searcy in December & it didn't appear to be big enough for more than one college!!!Bev

Our check out line are normally pretty fast. That is when more than 2 are open. I love the self check ones when I do not have a lot to buy.

I buy my groceries there and get my meats somewhere else b/c I prefer our local grocery who cuts the meat ins tore and I know it is fresh. That way too, I am still supporting the "little man."

Althought I do not like that Walmart runs smaller stores out of business, I have to look out for myself and my money b/c I cannot afford to pay more for my items to help the "little man" no matter how much I would like to.

In my area if Target or some other chain, were the biggest grocery store they would still be able to cut prices and undersale anyone else too b/c of their buying power. But instead we have ONLY Walmart and two other grocery stores that are owned by the same family. So no matter what chain moved in they would be the bad guy. That is unless they moved in and undersold Walmart, haha!!!

I have seen some good and some bad on Walmart but I am sure if we dig deep enough we will find bad on most all companies. That having been said to me many times when I find issues with the "lifestyles" some businesses support that I choose to not support. We just have to pick our own battles I reckon as we see fit.

"I have seen some good and some bad on Walmart but I am sure if we dig deep enough we will find bad on most all companies. That having been said to me many times when I find issues with the "lifestyles" some businesses support that I choose to not support. We just have to pick our own battles I reckon as we see fit."

So well put Jennifer!

jrstephens said:
Our check out line are normally pretty fast. That is when more than 2 are open. I love the self check ones when I do not have a lot to buy.

I buy my groceries there and get my meats somewhere else b/c I prefer our local grocery who cuts the meat ins tore and I know it is fresh. That way too, I am still supporting the "little man."

Althought I do not like that Walmart runs smaller stores out of business, I have to look out for myself and my money b/c I cannot afford to pay more for my items to help the "little man" no matter how much I would like to.

In my area if Target or some other chain, were the biggest grocery store they would still be able to cut prices and undersale anyone else too b/c of their buying power. But instead we have ONLY Walmart and two other grocery stores that are owned by the same family. So no matter what chain moved in they would be the bad guy. That is unless they moved in and undersold Walmart, haha!!!

I have seen some good and some bad on Walmart but I am sure if we dig deep enough we will find bad on most all companies. That having been said to me many times when I find issues with the "lifestyles" some businesses support that I choose to not support. We just have to pick our own battles I reckon as we see fit.

I completely agree with you Jennifer! That is really the reason I said my problems with WM are probably me, b/c I am too close to the situation. I am sure that if I worked on the Target account, I might find out more about thier business practices and bear more of a grudge.

Also, let me say that TODAY I have beaten up black and blue by this Tomato Manager at WM's home office, so I have extra venom towards WM today, so for me at least, the issue is probably more personal than for others. I should probably just refrain from commenting about them.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Susan, I am really glad you found some affordable pants that you like and fit you well, I know that is definitely a SCORE!!!!

*I do apologize if I've offended anyone with views on WM, I really am not this opinionated, but today a nerve has been touched on a personal level*

pampcheflisa said:
I completely agree with you Jennifer! That is really the reason I said my problems with WM are probably me, b/c I am too close to the situation. I am sure that if I worked on the Target account, I might find out more about thier business practices and bear more of a grudge.

Also, let me say that TODAY I have beaten up black and blue by this Tomato Manager at WM's home office, so I have extra venom towards WM today, so for me at least, the issue is probably more personal than for others. I should probably just refrain from commenting about them.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Susan, I am really glad you found some affordable pants that you like and fit you well, I know that is definitely a SCORE!!!!

*I do apologize if I've offended anyone with views on WM, I really am not this opinionated, but today a nerve has been touched on a personal level*

Please do not think I wasn intending any of my post to you, b/c I was not in anyway!!!

So, do they berate you b/c they have such high standards and demand they be met? Are just b/c they are a general pain in the ahhhh...u know?:D

You didn't offend me Lisa. I worked for WM when I was in college - sadly, the company is not the same :(

I agree with you Linda, I think the company was better run when Sam Walton was alive. Although, I have only been doing this job for 7 years, so I never experienced it when he was alive, their business practices have continued to go down hill in my 7 years.

I am serious, I can go on about this for days. They do not hold themselves accountable for ANYTHING, they hold thier suppliers accountable for EVERYTHING. If things are going well, you hear NOTHING from them and if something happens (like a dramatic decrease in sales that cannot be projected), they act like the earth is coming out of orbit. They will reject product for quality that will then be sent to your local grocery stores and the quality is fine for them (and yes even Central Market/Whole Foods, etc). They are a complete pain in the you know what to deal with, because we cannot do anything right and they do not take any responsibility at all, they just blame the suppliers for everything. It's so frustrating, b/c they know they can get away with treating their suppliers like cr*p, b/c it's everyone's largest account and they have taken over the grocery world, so suppliers depend on them for business.

okay, rant over....whew!!

no problem with hijackng either - good conversation is always a pleasure!

Pampcheflisa, I totally know what you're talking about. My dad grows and sells watermelon and Walmart is terrible. I refuse to shop there for a lot of reasons, but most of my reasons have to do with ethics or Walmart's lack of them.

pampcheflisa said:
I agree with you Linda, I think the company was better run when Sam Walton was alive. Although, I have only been doing this job for 7 years, so I never experienced it when he was alive, their business practices have continued to go down hill in my 7 years.

I am serious, I can go on about this for days. They do not hold themselves accountable for ANYTHING, they hold thier suppliers accountable for EVERYTHING. If things are going well, you hear NOTHING from them and if something happens (like a dramatic decrease in sales that cannot be projected), they act like the earth is coming out of orbit. They will reject product for quality that will then be sent to your local grocery stores and the quality is fine for them (and yes even Central Market/Whole Foods, etc). They are a complete pain in the you know what to deal with, because we cannot do anything right and they do not take any responsibility at all, they just blame the suppliers for everything. It's so frustrating, b/c they know they can get away with treating their suppliers like cr*p, b/c it's everyone's largest account and they have taken over the grocery world, so suppliers depend on them for business.

Meijer will reject good produce, too. We've sent it back and they accept it the second time. It's silly.

pampcheflisa said:
........ It's so frustrating, b/c they know they can get away with treating their suppliers like cr*p, b/c it's everyone's largest account and they have taken over the grocery world, so suppliers depend on them for business.

I once heard that the two worst decisions that a manufacturer has to make is

1) to do business with WM
2) not to do nusiness with WM

Either of these decisions will cost them financially. b/c WM dictates everything - many of these companies have to sacrifice their reputation for quality in order to compete. Once they sacrifice thier quality for the contract, their reputation is shot everywhere but WM and they become exclusive to WM b/c no one else wants them. Sad.

pamperedlinda said:

Either of these decisions will cost them financially. b/c WM dictates everything - many of these companies have to sacrifice their reputation for quality in order to compete. Once they sacrifice thier quality for the contract, their reputation is shot everywhere but WM and they become exclusive to WM b/c no one else wants them. Sad.
One big reason I won't shop at Walmart. I don't care how cheap it is. I don't ever go there, so what I don't know won't hurt me.

pamperedlinda said:

this is soooo true!! Luckily, the company I work for is one of the nation's largest growers of tomatoes, so we still have a lot business b/c we grow in the US. But, WM just announced a new program starting in Nov, that suppliers will start bidding on whatever contract they think they can service. What that means to us is that a) we can lose a lot of our current business and b) that every time a contract period is up, we can be shuffling Distribution Centers around. Currently, all tomato suppliers are on contract based around their own warehouses and who is closest to the WM DC. Now, they have just disregarded that aspect. It is very sad, because things have changed so much, and with each change it gets worse and worse for the supplier. I call them the "Evil Empire" to my friends and family!!

JAE said:
One big reason I won't shop at Walmart. I don't care how cheap it is. I don't ever go there, so what I don't know won't hurt me.

I agree!

And - My mom retired from Walmart/Sam's Club...she worked there many years, and was a good and loyal employee. They treated her like crap, and when she needed to change positions because of some health issues, they just forced her into retirement. She often mentioned how dramatically the store atmosphere and business practices changed when Sam Walton was no longer in charge.

I'll never set foot in a Walmart or Sam's Club.

I honestly cannot afford not to shop at Walmart. They have the best prices on practically everything I need, especially with my coupons.

Where else can I get my oil changed, photos developed, shoes, clothes, diapers, groceries, cake supplies, material for my daughter to sew with, cheap toys for birthday gifts, pet supplies, school supplies, lawnmower, inexpensive health and beauty supplies, birthday party supplies, and a fast food meal??

Not anywhere I can think of, and I don't go broke. I know you may have good reasons for not going to Walmart and I agree with Jennifer on picking our own battles wisely. I also agree that so many companies out there are supporting horrible things that totally go against my beliefs and the Word of God. But I can't live in a cave either, I have to shop and shop smarter for my buck!

I'm sorry they treat you badly at the warehouse, and I am sorry they treated your mother badly too. I just consider this world full of lost people with wicked, unregenerated hearts no matter who they work for. I was there once. They need prayer and we need to love our enemies. Is that easy? NO!!
But it's what Christ has called us to do!

Debbie :D

I can love my enemies....but I don't have to support WalMart to do it!;)

ChefBeckyD said:
I can love my enemies....but I don't have to support WalMart to do it!;)

No one said you did. And I am sorry they treated your mom in a bad way, but not all the stores are the same. I have heard lots of people say they loved their jobs at Walmart and Sam's here in town.
And I agree when Sam Walton died it went down hill. I wanted to share something I read about Sam.
"Walton supported various charitable causes, including those of his church, the Presbyterian Church (USA). The Sam and Helen R. Walton Award was created in 1991 when the Waltons made a gift of six million dollars which included an endowment in the amount of three million dollars to provide annual awards to new church developments that are working in creative ways to share the Christian faith in local communities."
Too bad he is gone now!

My DH just quit Walmart after about a year and a half. It was ok. 10% discount on non-food items was nice. Hated his 10pm-7am shift though! Had a hard time promoting within though. He was the favorite there but since he busted his butt the most they wanted to hold him back. He finally got a job again in the airline industry (his passion!) and when he quit Walmart they offered him a management position. TOO LATE NOW! I'm sure they will miss him there!

Bev,

She is going to Harding-freshman year. I think it's the only school in town. Not much of a town.

Ann R.

DebbieSAChef said:
I honestly cannot afford not to shop at Walmart. They have the best prices on practically everything I need, especially with my coupons.

Where else can I get my oil changed, photos developed, shoes, clothes, diapers, groceries, cake supplies, material for my daughter to sew with, cheap toys for birthday gifts, pet supplies, school supplies, lawnmower, inexpensive health and beauty supplies, birthday party supplies, and a fast food meal??

Not anywhere I can think of, and I don't go broke. I know you may have good reasons for not going to Walmart and I agree with Jennifer on picking our own battles wisely. I also agree that so many companies out there are supporting horrible things that totally go against my beliefs and the Word of God. But I can't live in a cave either, I have to shop and shop smarter for my buck!

I'm sorry they treat you badly at the warehouse, and I am sorry they treated your mother badly too. I just consider this world full of lost people with wicked, unregenerated hearts no matter who they work for. I was there once. They need prayer and we need to love our enemies. Is that easy? NO!!
But it's what Christ has called us to do!

Believe me, I totally understand where you are coming from. I just choose not to shop there for my own personal reasons, but I do not judge or complain about anyone else shopping there. That's the great thing about our lives is that we have options!!!

pampcheflisa said:
They are like the big bullies on the playground!!

I happen to view Wal Mart as a helping hand to those who can't afford to shop at the smaller stores. Wal Mart, whatever their business practices are, have helped Americans afford more for their families than any other company I can think of. I love that they hire handicapped and elderly people. And they donate so much to the communities they are located in. The employees at the Wal Marts I shop at, seem truly happy at their job and you can't fake that for very long. I hate seeing mom and pop stores go out of business because of any corporation, but it doesn't make me view the coporation in a bad light, it just means the corporation is offering a better deal and if consumers want or need that deal then it's not up to us to keep the mom & pop stores going. IMHO

pamperedlinda said:

Can't beleive I am jumping in on this one...But I am NOT a Walmart shopper (unless I have no choice - and only then after a drink! ;))

But, I believe something is wrong when a company has grown so large that it dictates things like it does. I really feel that in some product areas, it has limited my choices. (Forcing Kmart to close and Walmart becomes the only store in an area to carry certain types of items. And if you don't like the brands Walmart has chosen to work with - then too bad.)

And I don't know if anyone else remembers that Walmart used to stand for made in USA? Or am I imagining that? Seems like a long time ago.

kam said:
Can't beleive I am jumping in on this one...But I am NOT a Walmart shopper (unless I have no choice - and only then after a drink! ;))

But, I believe something is wrong when a company has grown so large that it dictates things like it does. I really feel that in some product areas, it has limited my choices. (Forcing Kmart to close and Walmart becomes the only store in an area to carry certain types of items. And if you don't like the brands Walmart has chosen to work with - then too bad.)

And I don't know if anyone else remembers that Walmart used to stand for made in USA? Or am I imagining that? Seems like a long time ago.

Well, this may PO some of you, but I gotta get it off my chest....

Yes they did. It used to be part of their signage right under the great big letters WAL-MART on the building. All that changed when Mr. Sam died. I used to love shopping at WM. Now it's a huge PIA! The parking lots are nasty, the stores are not as clean as they used to be, the employees could care less if you are there, and heaven forbid you should need to wait in line for their customer (non)service.

What really sent me over the edge with WM was @ 10 years ago. The largest increase in the Georgia publically sponsored health insurance program (it's called Peach Care) was WM employees - over 30% of the people who applied for state health care were working at WM. The majority of WM employees are part-time, that way the company does not have to offer benefits. Yes, I do know that they have to offer health insurance, but for a part-time employee it is almost cost prohibitive. Thus, all the money you are saving each week on what you buy there you are more than making it up with your tax dollars to support their employees b/c they can't affford it on their part time salary.

The reason that WM can sell for so much less that other stores is b/c they do not have the employee overhead. Just imagine what will happen in the not too distant future when all of these part-time WM employees retire or are too old to work and they have NOTHING to fall back on....Just imagine how much more you and I will pay in taxes to support them....I can guarantee you that WM won't pay a dime of it.

I take great offense that one of the worlds wealthiest families put's their own greed before the welfare of the employees that got them there.

okay, whew....I feel much better now. I apologize if I've offended anyone.

pamperedlinda said:

Yes they did. It used to be part of their signage right under the great big letters WAL-MART on the building. All that changed when Mr. Sam died. I used to love shopping at WM. Now it's a huge PIA! The parking lots are nasty, the stores are not as clean as they used to be, the employees could care less if you are there, and heaven forbid you should need to wait in line for their customer (non)service.

What really sent me over the edge with WM was @ 10 years ago. The largest increase in the Georgia publically sponsored health insurance program (it's called Peach Care) was WM employees - over 30% of the people who applied for state health care were working at WM. The majority of WM employees are part-time, that way the company does not have to offer benefits. Yes, I do know that they have to offer health insurance, but for a part-time employee it is almost cost prohibitive. Thus, all the money you are saving each week on what you buy there you are more than making it up with your tax dollars to support their employees b/c they can't affford it on their part time salary.

The reason that WM can sell for so much less that other stores is b/c they do not have the employee overhead. Just imagine what will happen in the not too distant future when all of these part-time WM employees retire or are too old to work and they have NOTHING to fall back on....Just imagine how much more you and I will pay in taxes to support them....I can guarantee you that WM won't pay a dime of it.

I take great offense that one of the worlds wealthiest families put's their own greed before the welfare of the employees that got them there.

EXACTLY the position that my mom was placed in. She had some health issues, and they (from a Corporate level) forced her into a PT position, and then into retirement - so even though she had been a loyal employee for many years, and was counting on her retirement benefits, she retired as PT, and did not receive the full benefits she was entitled to.

Walmart made sure it was all legal...but it was far from ethical.

Becky, that 'should' be illegal! I bet the highest paid employees at WM are their lawyers...grrr!

pamperedlinda said:

I worry that this will set a trend - other employers will follow suit and then no one will have decent health insurance.

kam said:
I worry that this will set a trend - other employers will follow suit and then no one will have decent health insurance.

I'm afraid it's already started.

Employers not taking care of their employees started a long time ago, with the erosion of pensions and the emergence of 401K plans. Then again, pensions aren't guaranteed either.

I feel like I keep stirring the hornet's nest and it is NOT my intention at all, I promise.
It really is sad how they treat the employees at store level, because I can ASSURE you this is not the case at corporate level. My old manager married someone in corporate WM, then she went to work for them and the corporate aspect is a completely different world than at store level (this is in regards to pay/health insurance).

When you deal with them like I deal with them every day, it's hard to put that aside. But, I live in the Dallas/FW metroplex area and I have a many choices to where I shop, so for me personally, I just choose not to shop there. I'm sure if I had limited places to go, I may not have another choice. Luckily, I do!

pamperedlinda said:
The largest increase in the Georgia publically sponsored health insurance program (it's called Peach Care) was WM employees - over 30% of the people who applied for state health care were working at WM. Thus, all the money you are saving each week on what you buy there you are more than making it up with your tax dollars to support their employees b/c they can't affford it on their part time salary.

Good point.

Wow. All this started over 2 pairs of pants -lol. I'm with the non-Wal-marters! Honestly, for me it largely has to do with shopping Canadian. Although, now that the Hudson's Bay Co has been bought by a US company, it's getting even harder to "shop Canadian." Add to that WM's questionable business ethics - the stories about encouraging employees not to vote for the Dems b/c WM fears unionization, all the negative press you hear about the way the treat employees, suppliers, etc.I don't really find their prices much cheaper. If any cheaper. They have a few loss leaders, but other than that, their prices are essentially the same as the other stores around here. Maybe it's different in the US, but that's how it is here.
People here think they'll get a good deal at WalMart, but they don't ever really compare prices.
I think of WalMart as the China of retail. The big kid / bully on the playground (or counrty with 1/5 world population) who insists you play their way or they take the ball and leave.

1. Are the Levi's Super Slimming jeans available at all Walmart stores?

No, not all Walmart stores carry the Levi's Super Slimming jeans. It may depend on the location and availability of the product. It's best to check with your local Walmart store to see if they have them in stock.

2. What other brands of jeans and pants does Walmart carry?

Walmart carries a variety of brands for jeans and pants, such as Lee, Wrangler, Levi's, and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. They also have their own exclusive brands like Time and Tru and Terra & Sky.

3. Do they have petite sizes available?

Yes, Walmart offers a range of sizes for their jeans and pants, including petite sizes. It's always best to check the store or online to see which sizes are available for a specific brand or style.

4. Are the prices for jeans and pants at Walmart affordable?

Yes, Walmart is known for offering affordable prices for their products. Their jeans and pants are priced at less than $20 a pair, making them a great option for those on a budget or looking for a good deal.

5. Can I find other clothing items, besides jeans and pants, at Walmart?

Yes, Walmart carries a wide range of clothing items for men, women, and children. They have a variety of styles and sizes available, including plus sizes and maternity wear. They also offer accessories and shoes to complete your outfit.

Back