• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where to Get Personalized Pens for Promotional Use?

In summary, pens are a nice touch but not necessary. Some people don't want to write in red and some banks don't like red ink. You can get personalized pens through Merrill. They end up being about $0.50 each. I also use red pens. I have found that no one accidentally walks off with a red ink pen and if they do they return it quickly. I give out a magnet to every guest at my show.
JDooley
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, really did not know where it fit.
Does anyone have, take to shows or pass out Personalized pens with your info on them? if so do you have any recommendations on where to get them

Thanks!

I use all RED PENS so I know which are mine and I make sure I get them back. I don't think the pens are a really big deal---its an extra expense personally if you wanted to get them---

I use Oriental Trading CO. I buy pencils from them and you get 30 character min of what you you want to put on them. I have my name and PC on mine. I'm looking for a copany that you can get a good deal on chip clips right now.

I ordered pens from National Pen Company. I really like the squiggle pens. I usually carry them in my purse and give them away when I meet someone that is interested .. Just like a business card. :)

You can get personalized pens through Merrill. They end up being about $0.50 each.

I also use red pens. I have found that no one accidentally walks off with a red ink pen and if they do they return it quickly.

I have considered the personalized pens but not sure if they are worth the cost. Anyone have thoughts on this??

Red pens used to be recommended by home office when you sign, do they still recommend that in the starter kit?
But I have had many people not want to write their checks in red, and guests who work at banks say that we shouldn't - sometimes the red ink doesn't show up in copies.

I know there are pens you can buy that have clear sides, you can unscrew the bottom of the pen, and insert a piece of paper with your name, etc on it.

ChefNic said:
Red pens used to be recommended by home office when you sign, do they still recommend that in the starter kit?
But I have had many people not want to write their checks in red, and guests who work at banks say that we shouldn't - sometimes the red ink doesn't show up in copies.

I know there are pens you can buy that have clear sides, you can unscrew the bottom of the pen, and insert a piece of paper with your name, etc on it.

Generally for me, the guests come back and sit with me at checkout. I always have a black or blue pen with me back there for them to use for their check. I only bring one. It has worked out well.

I used PensRus - dot com - they have my name, title, phone number and website address.

The company used to recommend red pens if you were using the detailed triplicate receipts. Otherwise, black ink could be hard to spot and you might miss adding in an item that a guest selected.

I give out a magnet to every guest at my show. It has kitchen conversions on them, plus my info. My husband sells promo goods - anything and everything you would ever want to put your name on and hand out. So, needless to say, I got a really good deal! :)

I had a good chuckle at the bridal expo I did this weekend. There was a videographer and his wife in the booth next to me and he offered me a dollar for one of the magnets. Needless to say I gave it to him for free, but asked that they think of me if they ever needed anything.

Bank scanners have problems picking up red ink. Same is true if your bank has a program for scanning/depositing checks from home. So as to get my pens back, I simply pass them out without the cap attached...no one wants to put an uncapped pen in their purse.

legacypc46 said:
Bank scanners have problems picking up red ink. Same is true if your bank has a program for scanning/depositing checks from home. So as to get my pens back, I simply pass them out without the cap attached...no one wants to put an uncapped pen in their purse.

That's a good idea, I've never thought about doing that. I know I wouldn't put an uncapped pen in my purse. I'll have to try doing that.

As I told people at NC last year, I make labels with my info on it (same ones as my catalogs) and wrap it around my pens. Its a perfect fit and it doesn't cost me much at all since I use pens I get on sale when school starts. I stock up with they are like 25cents for a pack of 10. I use blue or black and have learned not to get the cheaper target brand because they don't work as well as say the paper..whatever they are called. LOL Sorry too early and no caffeine yet! ;-) So I don't mind if people walk off with my pens. They cost me what- 3cents each and have my info on them!

I have the Merrill pens and encourage guests to keep them. I also give them to waiters and clerks at stores and the post office. I figure that the pen will be kept or if someone accidently takes it someone I didn't know now has my information. I have gotten leads and shows from them so they pay for themselves. The Merrill pens have TPC, my name, phone and website on them and, while they are just click pens, look more professional than those I have gotten in the past from other companies - and the price is just $0.50 or so each.

I also have magnets which I freely give out - I have had people call me over a year after the event they got it at looking to order or have a show.

Those two items are the best investments in your business - much better than paying for a newspaper ad.

I have never thought about using personalized pens. I like the idea. I might give it a try.

BethCooks4U said:
You can get personalized pens through Merrill. They end up being about $0.50 each.

You can get pens for wayyyy less than this! (nothing against your decision Beth!)

Granted they will not have the Logo but to me it was worth it to get a better deal.

I purchased my personalized pens a year ago from a biz contact who does promotional items. It was great because I got to try out pens and see them. Not all pens write the same! The first pens I purchased thru an old vendor were TERRIBLE!

I used to use red pens and try to get them back but I started loosing alot of pens at shows and thought if people were taking them then they night as well have my info.

Now at show I tell people they can keep everything I have handed out to them if they choose. (I also do a manilla folder with catalog, orderform & registry info. My info is stamped on it too. I tell them to keep their recipt in it and file it in their file cabinet)

ChefNic said:

I used to do this and it got to be too much extra work for me. I did it for 2 years with the gel pens from Sam's club. they were arround 25$ for 100 pens.

Related to Where to Get Personalized Pens for Promotional Use?

1. Where can I order personalized pens for promotional use?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of personalized pens for promotional use. You can place an order directly on our website or through one of our independent consultants.

2. How long does it take to receive personalized pens?

The estimated delivery time for personalized pens is 2-3 weeks. However, this may vary depending on the quantity and customization options of your order.

3. Can I choose the color and design of the pens?

Yes, we offer a variety of colors and designs for our personalized pens. You can select the options that best fit your brand or event.

4. Is there a minimum order quantity for personalized pens?

Our minimum order quantity for personalized pens is 50. However, we also offer bulk discounts for larger orders.

5. Are there any additional fees for personalization?

No, there are no additional fees for personalization. The price of the pens includes the cost of customization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cwinter474
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
heat123
  • kaseydee
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
tabnat80
  • brendaziz