• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble With New Pampered Chef Visa

In summary, the new PC Visa has been causing some people trouble because of the high number of phone calls they are receiving. People who have had problems with the card have either failed to make their payments on time or have been charged high late fees.
pjpamchef
Silver Member
Has anyone else had issues with the new PC Visa? I used mine for the first time at NC. Charged a total of $139.00. Less than a week after returning from Chicago I had surgery and have been recovering. So, my bad, but I forgot I even used it. The payment was due on Aug 15th. About a week after it was due, I started getting phone calls. I would answer and there was no one there, it was a number I wasn't familiar with so I would hang up. These calls were coming in at the rate of about 10 a day!!!! I finally talked to someone this Sat., and talk about rude!!!! You'd think I owed them thousands of dollars, not $139!! My DH was really annoyed with the whole deal and said get rid of the card. I would, except I like knowing I can use it at the end of the month to close a show when the "checks in the mail", I've been stung with OD charges before when those checks didn't show up in time!! I thought I'd wait till the end of the week when I'm sure my payment for the entire amount had posted and call and complain to a supervisor! Do you think I should complain to PC as well?

This is not just a PC Visa issue. It is a credit card issue period. Many companies start calling 5 days past due. Once you have passed a week they may call more than once a day. It sounds like their 'dialer' is weird as it didn't place you with a agent when you answered the phone.

If you pay them online I bet they'll stop calling. It's easy to set it up online. I did and whenever I get paid from PC, I pay it off. All cc companies call when you're late.

When you play with snakes you will get bit.When you signed up for the card you entered into an agreement to make your payment on time. When you don't, they will hound you for it one way or another until they get their money.

I've had several credit cards over the years, but I've never had any of them call within 5 days of being past due! They just sock you with a hefty late-fee maybe, but sounds to me like the company PC has their card with is just a bad company if they call so soon.Personally, I think it stinks they make you use one of their debit or credit cards to get access to certain thinks, but that's IMHO. :) (We don't use credit cards anymore.) It's just a way for PC to make extra $$$.
I haven't applied for anything yet, since I'm so new, but is there an advantage to getting one over the other? Credit card vs debit? Obviously, having money in the account to cover charges- but being one who doesn't use a credit card, I'm used to that. But I've not tried it in a business-setting.

The debit card isn't a card that you can use in other stores. It's only usable through PC for submitting shows, orders, etc. It draws directly out of your bank account. I don't have the PC Credit card either and don't have any issues. If you don't want to mail in every show/order/etc with a check, you'll at least want the debit.

Shame how this was handled but going back to the part of using the credit card, for anyone who does not have one, you should really consider getting one!!As long as you are a person who pays your bills on time, the pc visa is a great deal. I only use it for p chef things and I charge all of my shows. After the first $500 in charges, you get 1% cash back. So basically you are giving yourself a raise. Example - I charged a little over $3000 and got a cash back credit of over $26. Not a lot but remember I am paying this back with other people's payments. The money should be untouched sitting in the bank. AS SOON AS the bill comes, I pay it (online) so there is never an issue of fees.Because I use it for all my pc things, it is also easy to keep a record of most of my expenses.

esavvymom said:
I've had several credit cards over the years, but I've never had any of them call within 5 days of being past due! They just sock you with a hefty late-fee maybe, but sounds to me like the company PC has their card with is just a bad company if they call so soon.

Personally, I think it stinks they make you use one of their debit or credit cards to get access to certain thinks, but that's IMHO. :) (We don't use credit cards anymore.) It's just a way for PC to make extra $$$.
I haven't applied for anything yet, since I'm so new, but is there an advantage to getting one over the other? Credit card vs debit? Obviously, having money in the account to cover charges- but being one who doesn't use a credit card, I'm used to that. But I've not tried it in a business-setting.

I don't get why this is bad? It is better to know you are past due that to be constantly slammed with large late fees and lower your credit rating.

...and chances are PC makes little or no money on this deal. We have a company credit card at my work. We do not "make money" on the deal AT ALL. By the time we do reports and everything else, the only benefit to offering it is hopefully we will get more orders.

Also, of all the applicants, only about 20% qualify!!!! Shows how bad our country is at managing their money lately.

I'm all for no credit cards, but I have them. I try to use cash though. If you have them, be responsible with them.

You have agreed to pay your bills so either pay them or don't use the card. You'll be amazed what you can go without when you can't buy it. Credit cards are too easy to use for many people.

1. Why am I having trouble activating my new Pampered Chef Visa?

If you are having trouble activating your new Pampered Chef Visa, there could be a few reasons. First, make sure you are entering the correct card number and personal information. If you are still having trouble, contact the customer service number on the back of your card for further assistance.

2. How do I make a payment on my Pampered Chef Visa?

To make a payment on your Pampered Chef Visa, you can either set up automatic payments through your bank account or make a one-time payment online through the credit card issuer's website. You can also mail a check or call the customer service number on the back of your card to make a payment over the phone.

3. Can I earn rewards points with my Pampered Chef Visa?

Yes, you can earn rewards points with your Pampered Chef Visa. For every dollar you spend on eligible purchases, you will earn one point. These points can be redeemed for rewards such as Pampered Chef products, gift cards, and more.

4. What should I do if my Pampered Chef Visa is lost or stolen?

If your Pampered Chef Visa is lost or stolen, you should immediately contact the credit card issuer to report the incident. They will be able to cancel your card and issue you a new one. It is important to regularly check your account activity and report any unauthorized charges.

5. Are there any fees associated with my Pampered Chef Visa?

There are no annual fees for the Pampered Chef Visa, but there may be other fees associated with the card such as late payment fees or foreign transaction fees. It is important to review your credit card agreement for a full list of fees and charges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwpamp
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • pamperedlinda