• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make Delicious Mexican Chicken Lasagna Without Enchilada Sauce?

In summary, I tried 3 of the SB recipes last night: California Club Pizza, Mexican Chicken Lasagna and Creamy Mojito Torte. The California Club Pizza was easy to make but not a hit with the avocados being too ripe. The Mexican Chicken Lasagna was a wonderful mix of flavors and could use a little more spice. The Creamy Mojito Torte was bold in flavor but not so pretty when assembled due to the cake not cooling properly. Enchilada sauce can be substituted with salsa or multiple cans of enchilada sauce. The Lasagna was also a hit with green enchilada sauce and extra cheese. The Pecan Cakes were too dry and the recipe did not specify adding the cake separately
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I tried 3 of the SB recipes last night: California Club Pizza, Mexican Chicken Lasagna and Creamy Mojito Torte.

California Club Pizza: easy to make, all right to eat. Not for sure if it would be a hit recipe around here. I don't think the avacado we got was ripe because it was really squishy and mushed up too much. Rating: Okay

Mexican Chicken Lasagna: easy to make, wonderful to eat. I'm not a big fan of yellow corn tortillas (I prefer white) but the mix of flavors made it really good and not too bad with the yellow corn tortillas. Could use a little more "spice". Rating: Awesome - Great Show Recipe.

Creamy Mojito Torte: easy to make, not so pretty when assembled. I'm used to brownie torte recipes so the cake was really thick when assembled. I think the cakes needed longer to cool because the middle layer liquified! Really bold flavor with the mint and rum. Rating: Okay

I am excited to try the Lasagna one I can't wait my kids love that stuff. Thanks for posting.

We are having a recipe tasting at our meeting tomorrow -- all the recipes from the new SB. I think everything but the pork and pineapple stir-fry is spoken for. I'll be sure to post the results!

Yes let us know. I'm going to try the pineapple cake one for our cluster meeting next month.

On the Mexican Lasagna recipe, could you substitute Salsa for the enchilada sauce? I don't recall ever seeing a 28 oz. jar of enchilada sauce, and have no idea how it differs
from thick and chunky Salsa. I have all the ingredients except the enchilada sauce, and would love to try it today using my substitution.

Enchilada sauce is smooth not chunky. I know Old El Paso brand has a 28 ounce can - that's what I've used twice in that recipe. But, if you want to change it up, you could substitute salsa, or use almost 3 10 ounce cans of enchilada sauce.

Grandmarita said:
On the Mexican Lasagna recipe, could you substitute Salsa for the enchilada sauce? I don't recall ever seeing a 28 oz. jar of enchilada sauce, and have no idea how it differs
from thick and chunky Salsa. I have all the ingredients except the enchilada sauce, and would love to try it today using my substitution.

I didn't find a 28 oz. jar of enchilada sauce either but I did find a 10 oz and a 20 oz can so I used them. Works out in the wash! I love this recipe!

Grandmarita said:

Taco sauce would be closer to Enchilada Sauce than Salsa would.

I'm making it with Green Enchilada Sauce, but couldn't find the green in a 28 oz. can - so I am using two 10 oz. cans, and an 8 oz. jar of green taco sauce from Old El Paso.

ChefBeckyD said:
Taco sauce would be closer to Enchilada Sauce than Salsa would.

I'm making it with Green Enchilada Sauce, but couldn't find the green in a 28 oz. can - so I am using two 10 oz. cans, and an 8 oz. jar of green taco sauce from Old El Paso.

Hey Becky - wonder how this would taste with the homemade salsa we canned...

i tried the mex lasagna and didn't use all the enchilada sauce. i was concerned that the results would be too saucy.

it was a little dry, but otherwise yummy! i put the chipotle rub on the chicken before i grilled it for an extra kick.

I tried the Lasagna last night and it was a hit. I cooked the chicken in the crock pot all day with some of our Southwestern Seasoning and I used Green Enchilada Sauce and a little extra cheese. It was yummy. My husband loved it, but next time he wants to try the red sauce to see how it differs.

I made the lasagna tonight, too hot for me. I thought I bought the original enchilada sauce, if so, it was spicy to me, i am a weenie. I would do it with something less spicy. I think it will be a hit at a party.

Made the club pizza also, it was very good!

Did not like the pecan cakes. They were very very dry. Now, I read and reread the directions and it did not say anything about making the cake seperately and adding to the chocolate and caramel. When you added the cake powder to the chocolate and caramel mixture, it was tough to mix together and were very dry. I would find another way to do them.

Has anyone else tried the cakes? I am curiouse to hear how you liked them, or if I did something majorly wrong.

FOr those cakes you use a 9 oz box, which is a Jiffy mix, or 1/2 of a normal size mix.

I made this too and didn't care for it, but I did a few things differently. WHen I get a chance I'll write a proper review, right now it's time to get the kids to bed...

Guess it is important to measure the correct amounts!:rolleyes: I saw package and bought a regular size:chef:

Thanks for the reply

I made the Cali Club Pizza and thought it was - OK - needed something!! So easy to make, great for a demo - but I like something that would WOW my guests - I watched the demo on CC as well and would have added the avocado peeler, citrus press, bakers roller just to name a few - it was good, will do it again with left overs , but not on my "omg" list -

Mexican Lasanga- good (after adding some things)
Jalepeno pizza poppers- YUM!
Chix penne alfresca- Ok, I liked the one pot pasta recipe better.

We did the Pulled Pork Barbeque Sandwiches out of the new 29 Minutes Vol 2 and it was WONDERFUL! We fed 5 adults last night plus had leftovers for 3 of us today from it! It was heavenly! The barbeque sauce you make tastes like a barbeque place about 20 miles from us. My DD said it was a great quick and easy recipe and is a great way to show off the DCB cooking the pork tenderloin so fast!

PamperedDor said:
I made the Cali Club Pizza and thought it was - OK - needed something!! So easy to make, great for a demo - but I like something that would WOW my guests - I watched the demo on CC as well and would have added the avocado peeler, citrus press, bakers roller just to name a few - it was good, will do it again with left overs , but not on my "omg" list -
There are a lot of additional tools that can be demonstrated with that recipe, but it includes the tools it does because it's a starter kit recipe.

Made the jalapeno popper pizzas tonight to take over to BIL's house for the game. They were the biggest hit of all the food! They were all gone. I brought them on the large bamboo platter. MIL and SIL both want one as soon as they are available and they looked great on the platter. Good for serving at a show. The pizzas were easy to make except for the fact that I burnt the bacon the first time. Really easy, great show recipe and they were a big hit!

Here in Canada we don't have enchilada sauce so our Chicken Lasagna recipe calls for the following ingredients...
1/4 cup cilantro
1 pkg cream cheese
2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese
1 bottle medium salsa (650ml jar)
1/2 cup water
12 corn tortillas (however we don't have corn tortillas up here either. will have to use the flour ones)
3 cups cooked chicken
1 medium onion

Can't wait to try it
Danielle

What is "Tried Some New Recipes"?

"Tried Some New Recipes" is a feature on the Pampered Chef website that allows users to share and discover new recipes from other Pampered Chef consultants and customers.

How do I access "Tried Some New Recipes"?

You can access "Tried Some New Recipes" by logging into your Pampered Chef account and clicking on the "Recipes" tab. From there, you can click on the "Tried Some New Recipes" option.

Can I submit my own recipes to "Tried Some New Recipes"?

Yes, you can submit your own recipes to "Tried Some New Recipes" by clicking on the "Submit a Recipe" button on the main page. Your recipe will be reviewed by Pampered Chef before it is published on the website.

Are there any restrictions on the types of recipes that can be submitted to "Tried Some New Recipes"?

Yes, recipes submitted to "Tried Some New Recipes" must use Pampered Chef products. They should also be original recipes and not copied from another source. Additionally, recipes must be family-friendly and not contain any inappropriate content.

Can I save recipes from "Tried Some New Recipes" to my account?

Yes, you can save recipes from "Tried Some New Recipes" to your account by clicking on the heart icon next to the recipe. This will add the recipe to your "Favorites" list for easy access in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampchefrhondab
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies
Views
Sheila