• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Alternative to Paid Email Marketing Services?

In summary, alternative email marketing services offer a variety of benefits, such as lower costs, more customization options, and advanced features like A/B testing and automation. They can also be just as effective as paid services in terms of deliverability, but this depends on the specific service and how well it is managed. While both types of services offer similar features, alternative services may have more limited functionality and require more manual work. However, they still offer basic tracking and reporting capabilities. As with any service, there are potential risks when using alternative email marketing services, such as deliverability issues, limited features, and security concerns. It is important to thoroughly research and choose a reputable service to minimize these risks.
jcsmilez
Gold Member
I am wondering if anyone uses a certain program to be able to send email newsletters. I cannot seem to send them using my gmail account with the pictures and formatting that I would like and I do not want to send them as an attachment as people do not seem to open those. I like the idea of having control over what I put in my newsletter and being able to manage my contact list and am looking for an alternative to paying for the email marketing services. Any thoughts or suggestions from those of you that don't subscribe to a monthly service?Thanks in advance!

Do you use gmail via webmail or a program like Outlook or Thunderbird? If you use a program, you shoudl be able to compose in Word, and paste into email and send from there and retain formatting. That's the way I used to do it before I used a service.

Gmail via webmail itself is not so "composer-friendly". I've found it tries to insert line breaks where they shouldn't go.

Other than that, I think you're probably looking at a monthly service... there are some that price by the email instead of by the month, so if you have a low # of recipients, you're only paying for what you send.

It's easy to do a mail merge from Word, and that actually creates separate messages for each person on your list. But the downside is that you must use Outlook to do it. (Entourage on Mac) The message will retain the formatting from Word.

1. What are the benefits of using alternative email marketing services?

Alternative email marketing services offer a variety of benefits, such as lower costs, more customization options, and the ability to reach a wider audience. They also often have more advanced features, such as A/B testing and automated campaigns.

2. How do alternative email marketing services compare to paid services in terms of deliverability?

In terms of deliverability, alternative email marketing services can be just as effective as paid services. However, it ultimately depends on the specific service and how well you manage your email list and campaigns.

3. Are there any notable differences in the features offered by alternative email marketing services compared to paid services?

While both types of services offer similar features, alternative email marketing services may have more limited functionality or may require more manual work on the user's end. This can vary greatly depending on the specific service and its pricing structure.

4. Can I still track my email marketing metrics with alternative services?

Yes, most alternative email marketing services offer basic tracking and reporting features. However, they may not be as robust as those offered by paid services, so it's important to research and compare features before choosing a service.

5. Are there any risks associated with using alternative email marketing services?

As with any type of service, there are potential risks when using alternative email marketing services. These can include deliverability issues, limited features, and potential security concerns. It's important to thoroughly research and choose a reputable service to minimize these risks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCBritt
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Unic0rn76
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
pampered2007
Replies