• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Stoneware Be Safely Used in New Microwaves?

It may also be helpful to contact Pampered Chef's Home Office for further guidance and information. Congratulations on your successful show and good luck with finding an answer to your customer's question!
mareramseyer
I had a customer at a show tonight ask me if the stones still work in "new" mircowaves. She just built a new house and her new microwave has a halgon lamp on top and bottom to help with browning that cooks along with the regular micro-waves. I didn't know what to say to this and was wondering if anyone else has any personal experience with this type of microwave and stones or has heard from others' experiences. She wants to buy both a round stone and a fluted stone...so I really want to get an answer to her question!!! :)

PS - Tonight, where I got this question, was my second show ever and it was a $700 show! I'm SO excited!!! :D

I don't think there is a problem with it - but to be sure I would contact HO first thing AM. They are going to have to post this somewhere since there are going to be more and more questions about it!

Congrats on your show!!!

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I cannot provide a definitive answer to this question as it may vary depending on the specific microwave and stone being used. However, I can offer some general information and tips to help guide your customer.First, it's important to note that the use of stones in microwaves is not recommended by Pampered Chef. Our stones are designed for use in conventional ovens and are not tested or guaranteed for use in microwaves.That being said, some customers have reported success using stones in their microwaves. However, there are a few factors that may affect the performance of the stones in a microwave, such as the wattage of the microwave and the material of the stone.Microwave wattage can vary greatly, and this can affect the cooking time and temperature of the stone. If the wattage is too high, it can cause the stone to heat up too quickly and potentially crack. On the other hand, if the wattage is too low, it may take longer for the stone to heat up and cook your food properly.In addition, some stones may be made of materials that are not suitable for use in microwaves. For example, our stoneware is made of clay and is not recommended for use in microwaves. Other types of stones, such as our glazed stoneware and our pizza stones, may be made of materials that are safe for use in microwaves but may not produce the same results as when used in a conventional oven.In summary, while some customers may have had success using stones in their microwaves, it is not recommended by Pampered Chef and may not produce the same results as when used in a conventional oven. If your customer is determined to try using stones in her new microwave, I would recommend starting with a lower wattage setting and monitoring the cooking time and temperature closely to prevent the stone from cracking. Additionally, I would suggest using a stone specifically designed for use in microwaves, such as our microwave-safe pizza stone.

1. How do I know if my stoneware is safe to use in a new microwave?

All Pampered Chef stoneware is safe to use in any microwave, including new models. Our stoneware is made from a unique clay and glaze combination that is designed to withstand high temperatures and rapid changes in temperature, making it safe for use in any microwave.

2. Can I use my stoneware in a convection microwave?

Yes, our stoneware is safe to use in convection microwaves. However, due to the intense heat and airflow in convection microwaves, the cooking time may be reduced by a few minutes compared to a conventional oven. It is important to monitor your food closely to prevent overcooking.

3. Do I need to preheat my stoneware before using it in the microwave?

No, you do not need to preheat your stoneware before using it in the microwave. Our stoneware is designed to heat up quickly and evenly, so preheating is not necessary. Simply place your food on the stoneware and microwave as directed in your recipe.

4. How do I clean my stoneware after using it in the microwave?

Cleaning your stoneware after using it in the microwave is simple. Allow it to cool down to room temperature before washing it in warm, soapy water. Avoid using harsh chemicals, abrasive cleaners, or metal scouring pads, as they can damage the stoneware. If any food remains stuck on the stoneware, soak it in warm, soapy water for a few minutes before cleaning.

5. Can I use my stoneware in the microwave for longer cooking times?

Yes, our stoneware is safe to use in the microwave for longer cooking times. However, it is important to follow the recommended cooking times in your recipes to prevent overcooking or burning your food. If you need to cook for longer than the recommended time, we suggest using a lower power setting or stopping the microwave periodically to check on your food's progress.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • AmaraJ
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
AmaraJ
  • tinat51796