Sorority/Frat marketing ideas?

Discussion in 'Bookings' started by ChefetteDuJour, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChefetteDuJour

ChefetteDuJour Gold Member

Does anyone have insight/ideas for marketing to sororities and fraternities? I work at a large private university where many of the students come from wealthy backgrounds. I wasn't into Greek life when I was in college so I feel even further away from that demographic now, maybe even a little intimidated (which logic tells me is silly, but I guess it's a high school hangover :confused:)

They're required to purchase a university meal plan if they live on campus, so that could be an opportunity once they become bored -?

I want to do some research and planning over the summer so I'll be ready when the academic season hits. I have the mailing addresses of the chapter via the web, so I plan to send out Fall catalogs as soon as they're available but I would of course like to find a way to make a personal connection.

Would fraternities go for this (ie, NOT as a free caterer!) or would it mainly be sororities?

2. Do they have their own houses? If they do, you would probably do better talking to their board. I was in a sorority and I can't imagine any of us personally buying anything to cook with- we had a cook. Maybe you could set up a booth during orientation for parents to shop.

Remember, I'm only one opinion. I wish you well and hope it works for you!

3. ChefetteDuJour

ChefetteDuJour Gold Member

They have their own houses but the web page says they're required to purchase the univ food plan. My experience is that everything tastes great long enough to pack on the Freshman 15, then people get bored.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.