• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shingles Strikes: Rescheduling 2 Shows & Offering a Perk?

In summary, KG has been sentenced to life in the prison, shingles is prevalent this year, and offers a free season's best catalog to anyone sending benadryl.
Chef Endora
Gold Member
Ouch! I have come down with shingles!:eek:

If that's not bad enough, I had 2 shows in the next week.:rolleyes:

I am rescheduling for later in the month so this will involve sending out an
announcement indicating the change. I have to get these out ASAP and I'm stumped on how to word this. Also, should I offer a little perk for any inconvenience?

TIA

You could go to work for a roofer.

instead of complete cancel, convert to a online catalog show?

"Due to itchy's beyond my control...."

I think you are being VERY responsible in alerting your customers, some wouldn't do it and just expose people.

Perks??? anyone sending benadryl gets a FREE Season's best?

KG, that's bad.... but maybe you could say you recently got hired by a roofing company due to your personal supply of "shingles".....

We aren't cancelling, just moving the shows to the end of the month.

My day job is as a RN in a physician's office, so I've been off all week. Actually, about all I can do is give chicken pox to someone who hasn't had them. It's spread by contact. I only have them on my left arm and hand and got started on an antiviral early so it hasn't been too bad, I've seen much worse. Shingles seems very prevalent this year. I was planning on getting the vaccine next year when I'm old enough.....I'm running out of things I'm not too old for.:rolleyes:

You are aware that KG has been sentenced to life in the punitentiary;)

I had a nice little post all typed out & lost my wireless internet connection! :rolleyes: So here it goes again:

I had Shingles in early 2007. My Dr. said I could still go to my job interview at the elementary school ... that it's very hard to transfer the virus. Dr. said I would pretty much have to rub the infected area on someone who has never had Chickenpox ... and then it would still be hard for them to catch it. It's not as contagious as exposing the original Chickenpox virus to someone. Just goes to show that different Dr.'s have different opinions! LOL

I would give the host the option of: 1) switching to a catalog show 2) setting a new date for the cooking show or 3) doing a completely interactive show where the guests do ALL the work & you just answer questions. If you choose option #3, make sure you wear a long sleeved shirt & take a bottle of Purell with you. That way, you can clean your hands each time before you touch a tool and ease the minds of the guests at the show who may not be educated on Shingles. Maybe they won't be afraid of "catching something" if they see you using Purell on a regular basis.

If you want to offer an incentive, here are some ideas: Give every guest a Season's Best Catalog -or - do 4-5 small door prizes instead of just one -or- do one door prize that's bigger than what you would normally do -or- print up your own gift certificate ($20-$25) that's valid at "today's show only".

Here's a suggestion on how to phrase your letter:

Dear [guest's name],

I have been blessed with the encore of Chickenpox, better known as "Shingles". Although it is hard to transfer the Chickenpox virus, it is still possible. I am not willing to take the chance of transferring the Chickenpox virus to [host's name] or any of her guests, therefore I have given [host's name] the option of switching her cooking show to a catalog show or rescheduling the cooking show for a later date. She is excited about doing the cooking show and has chosen [new show date and time] for her Cooking Show.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. As a "Thank You" for being patient for us, I have decided to do something a little extra at [host's name]'s Cooking Show that I don't normally offer at my shows. I hope [new show date] works with your schedule, as I look forward to seeing you for a fun afternoon/evening of cooking!

Sincerely,

I know it's hard to transmit, but I always like to err on the side of caution. The physicians group I work for won't allow me to work until all lesions are scabbed.

Thanks for your help, Sheila!

Sheila...VERY WELL SAID in the letter!

Chef Endora...I hope it passes quickly! I have heard of LOTS of cases of shingles this year too...what the heck is going on?

I had shingles about two years ago and its not fun. I had it around my hips and it made wearing clothing painful! I feel for you. I know its not that easy to transmit, but I always erred on the cautious side too. You just never know. I would just say a medical issue came up and you have to re-schedule. Offer a SB for the inconvience.

Related to Shingles Strikes: Rescheduling 2 Shows & Offering a Perk?

1. What are Shingles Strikes?

Shingles Strikes is a company-wide initiative at Pampered Chef where we reschedule two shows and offer a special perk to our customers.

2. Why are the shows being rescheduled?

The shows are being rescheduled due to unforeseen circumstances, such as extreme weather conditions or a sudden illness of the consultant.

3. What is the perk being offered?

The perk being offered may vary, but it could include a discount on a future purchase, a free product, or additional host rewards for the rescheduled shows.

4. How will I know if my show is affected by Shingles Strikes?

If your show is affected, your consultant will reach out to you directly to discuss rescheduling and the perk being offered.

5. Can I choose not to participate in Shingles Strikes?

Yes, you have the option to not participate in Shingles Strikes and keep your original show date. However, please note that the special perk will only be available to those who reschedule their shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • cookin to the top
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefLAM
  • chefkugler