• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Display Table for Shows

In summary, the experts recommend scattering cookbooks around the room, bringing only the products needed for the demo, and setting up a display table if one is not available.
Humble Beginnings
Hi everyone!

I've only done a few shows but feel that my display table is a little lacking. Looks blah to me and can't think how to spruce it up. I do not have too many products as just pretty much what came with my kit with some added simple additions pieces I've owned & since I use some of those for my demo I find that my table looks kind of empty. Any tips or photos on how you might set up your table to make it look more appealing?

I used to make a big display away from my demo table...and then decided I was taking WAY TOO MUCH product with me!

Now...I scatter cookbooks around the room, put out a few new items here and there, and basicially only have the tools that I am going to use laid out on my demo table.

I don't have a display table!

I do it alot like Kelly. I bring the products for the demo, TTA, host bonus for the month I want to book, my favorite cookbooks, and spices & rubs. If I'm not using it in the demo, I set it wherever people are going to be sitting, and nothing stays on display - it all gets passed around so that everyone can touch it, smell it, or look through it.

For August, because I am thinking RECRUIT RECRUIT RECRUIT....I am only bringing what comes in the Starter Kit, along w/ cookbooks and spices.

And as usual, I am doing a display. I have the wooden crate and usually set up a display, but almost all of the tools I am going to use are in that display.

What I have also done is bring one place setting to display the SA and do it on a nice table of the host's. An easy way to make a display (other than using the baker's rack) is to have a small box (the one that has our change over paper work is a nice size) and purchase about 1 yard of fabric to drap over it. Make sure the fabric is plain and not something like flannel!!! I have bought a gold and a saphire (sp) blue satiny finish cloth. That way when the extra drapes down, it looks rich looking. Cranberry would be very nice too.

Just giving you another option to ponder over.

baychef said:
And as usual, I am doing a display. I have the wooden crate and usually set up a display, but almost all of the tools I am going to use are in that display.

What I have also done is bring one place setting to display the SA and do it on a nice table of the host's. An easy way to make a display (other than using the baker's rack) is to have a small box (the one that has our change over paper work is a nice size) and purchase about 1 yard of fabric to drap over it. Make sure the fabric is plain and not something like flannel!!! I have bought a gold and a saphire (sp) blue satiny finish cloth. That way when the extra drapes down, it looks rich looking. Cranberry would be very nice too.

Just giving you another option to ponder over.

I've never thought of doing my SA that way...what a great idea!

I don't do a display table anymore. I bring what i need, a spice or two, a cookbook if I'm not already using one, and thats it. It makes life easier and less to carry. I use a total of three containers: TTA & bag, my black tote you get with the kit, and a plactic bin that I pimped out with PC labels as my dirty dish bin.

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't have a display table!

I do it alot like Kelly. I bring the products for the demo, TTA, host bonus for the month I want to book, my favorite cookbooks, and spices & rubs. If I'm not using it in the demo, I set it wherever people are going to be sitting, and nothing stays on display - it all gets passed around so that everyone can touch it, smell it, or look through it.

I do this too. Make your job look easy!

Count me in on the Kelly club.I have a card table I use for demos if I have to ... but it stays in the car if the host has a table or island I can use. I put only the products I can use out and maybe a few extra ones I want to show off in areas where the guests are sitting.

I have been putting what I need in the demo area and a few extras near where the guests will sit and shop... spices, mix n chop (because it looks strange), and collapsible bowl.

Unless you use it in the recipe or it is in the starter kit, don't do a display. Keep it simple! You want everything you do to be duplicatable. Display I use at every show and event is Starter Kit - with older milk crate carrier bin on its side, then stone on the bottom left sticking out, garlic press and pizza cutter & mini serving spatula on it, then cooling rack on the bottom right setup sticking out, 2 feet in the crate - 2 feet sticking out front on the cutting board - microplane setup easel style on the board in front. Set MMP on the cooling rack with small scoop, tart shaper. Set batter bowl on top of that, kind of nestled back in the crate a little with scraper down in the bowl sticking out. Everything else goes on top with cheese grater plus, microplane, UMando and small saute pan and Season's best rested on top. I do include a HELP WANTED sign next to the kit, and usually have it setup either on the counter far away from where I'm working, or if I'm doing the demo from a dining table with chairs around, I'll set it up on the floor in front of where I'm working. Enhance this with only what you need for a recipe - large bar pan / round stone and woven tray / etc. etc. Definitely add a cookbook if your recipe is in the cookbook. Some months I'll carry around the newest cookbook for 1-2 months, but ONLY one. Keeping it simple and easy on me, makes for better business. Don't forget our fantastic catalog is the product showcase.Good luck; god bless!FYI Guests always come play with the tools and ask questions.

scottcooks said:
Unless you use it in the recipe or it is in the starter kit, don't do a display. Keep it simple! You want everything you do to be duplicatable.

Display I use at every show and event is Starter Kit - with older milk crate carrier bin on its side, then stone on the bottom left sticking out, garlic press and pizza cutter & mini serving spatula on it, then cooling rack on the bottom right setup sticking out, 2 feet in the crate - 2 feet sticking out front on the cutting board - microplane setup easel style on the board in front. Set MMP on the cooling rack with small scoop, tart shaper. Set batter bowl on top of that, kind of nestled back in the crate a little with scraper down in the bowl sticking out. Everything else goes on top with cheese grater plus, microplane, UMando and small saute pan and Season's best rested on top. I do include a HELP WANTED sign next to the kit, and usually have it setup either on the counter far away from where I'm working, or if I'm doing the demo from a dining table with chairs around, I'll set it up on the floor in front of where I'm working.

Enhance this with only what you need for a recipe - large bar pan / round stone and woven tray / etc. etc. Definitely add a cookbook if your recipe is in the cookbook. Some months I'll carry around the newest cookbook for 1-2 months, but ONLY one. Keeping it simple and easy on me, makes for better business.

Don't forget our fantastic catalog is the product showcase.

Good luck; god bless!

FYI Guests always come play with the tools and ask questions.

I'd love to see a picture of your display if you've got one!

At conference.. HO had great set ups for the new products. I'm sure you could search to find pictures. If not, I did snap a few photos.. you can e-mail me and I will send a few to you. [email protected]

1. How can I make my display table look visually appealing?

The key to a visually appealing display table is to create levels and layers. Use risers, boxes, and crates to add height and dimension to your table. This will help draw the eye and make your products stand out. Also, make sure to use a variety of colors and textures to add visual interest.

2. What is the best way to organize my products on the table?

Organize your products in a way that makes sense. Group similar products together and arrange them in a way that is easy for customers to navigate. For example, you can group all baking products in one area, and all kitchen tools in another. This will make it easier for customers to find what they are looking for.

3. How can I incorporate signage into my display table?

Signage is a great way to highlight your products and provide information to customers. Use small signs or labels to indicate the price, ingredients, or uses of each product. You can also use larger signs or banners to draw attention to special promotions or new products.

4. What are some tips for keeping my display table organized and neat?

First, make sure to have plenty of inventory on hand so you can restock throughout the show. Use storage containers or bins underneath the table to keep extra products out of sight. Regularly tidy up the table and rearrange products as needed to keep it looking neat and inviting.

5. How can I make my display table stand out from others at the show?

One way to make your display table stand out is by incorporating interactive elements. Consider having a demonstration or sampling station where customers can try out your products. You can also use creative props or decorations that tie in with your products to make your table more memorable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jessica Miller
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Jessica Miller
  • Swirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gojuliego
  • jrny2001