• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious 8-Minute Lava Cakes Made Easy!

yum!) into smallish cubes and heat in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until just starting to brown.Stir in a couple tablespoons of olive oil, the onion, salt, and pepper, and then pour in enough cold water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are very tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes.Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. You can either mash them or let them cool and then put them in a processor fitted with the steel blade and blend until smooth.To make the gravy:While the potatoes are cooking, heat the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until just about to boil.
Cooking_Mama
So I have been making a lava cake at almost every party I've done and have sold a rice cooker to almost every customer. I get the mix at Aldi's and the frosting as well so it costs me under $2.00 extra.

The lava cakes are going over so so well. People don't believe that you can make a cake in 8 minutes and how well it tastes. Almost everyone says it's the best cake they have ever had!

My question is besides making cakes and cooking rice what else can you actually do in it. I would just like to be able to say something else other then those two things. :eek:

Thanks!

Mash Potatoes
cooking vegetables, soups and stews and reheating left overs according to the product guide.

I haven't done it, but my director says she makes Ice tea in it almost everyday. She uses 10 tea bags and fills it with water and microwaves it for 10 min. Then she fills the family QS pitcher with ice to the top and pours the tea in. Its the perfect amount to fill the pitcher. quick and easy.

Ohhhh... I like the ice tea one!

I am doing mashed potatoes tonight.

Awesome thanks so much!!! :)

Here is a recipe thing for the rice cooker I got off of here. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• rice cooker plus.doc
    72 KB · Views: 663
Crystal Patton said:
Here is a recipe thing for the rice cooker I got off of here. Hope it helps!

Crystal,

Would you mind explaining how to attach files to the post? Thanks!

Sure hon, on the click on Post Reply and type your intro:
Here is the bla, bla, bla

Then scroll down and click on Manage Attachments - it's under Additional Options. This should bring up another window, you want to click on "browse" and that will bring up another window, then you go searching for your file. Once you find it you click on it and then click on 'open'. It will be added to the first pop up window when the second one goes away. Click on "upload" and wait until it is done, this is usually 5-10 seconds. Then you close the first window and you will see it added to the Attched Files. You can click on Preview Post to make sure it is there, then click on Submit Reply and your good.

I hope this helps.:cool:

Can I get the recipe for the Lava Cake in the Rice Cooker? I have trouble searching this site, it never seems to find what I'm looking for! Thanks!

Crystal Patton said:
Sure hon, on the click on Post Reply and type your intro:
Here is the bla, bla, bla

Then scroll down and click on Manage Attachments - it's under Additional Options. This should bring up another window, you want to click on "browse" and that will bring up another window, then you go searching for your file. Once you find it you click on it and then click on 'open'. It will be added to the first pop up window when the second one goes away. Click on "upload" and wait until it is done, this is usually 5-10 seconds. Then you close the first window and you will see it added to the Attched Files. You can click on Preview Post to make sure it is there, then click on Submit Reply and your good.

I hope this helps.:cool:

You rock....thanks! It helps bunches!:thumbup:

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
You rock....thanks! It helps bunches!:thumbup:

Now, of course, you will be required to share all your great idea's - IN PRINT! LOL

I would be happy too....but I got to say, most of "my great ideas" are just spin offs of those found here! :D

Like my DH says, "Standing on the shoulders of giants!"

Crystal Patton said:
Like my DH says, "Standing on the shoulders of giants!"

And what a view it is! ;)

Laurie, check your PM box

one of the gals made the lava cake for our meeting last night. Let's just say my new order has the RCP on it!! WoW... can hardly wait to share these other recipes with the group. thanks for all the help you guys!!!!!!! Can hardly wait till I'm smart and can add to the group. LOL

Where can I find the lava cake recipe for the rice cooker?

I love making mashed potatoes in there. They seem to take longer than the recipe says, but that could be because of how many potatoes I'm cooking. Also, the milk does bubble and ooze out the top vent holes.But here's my favorite way to make them:Cut up peeled potatoes (or leave skin on if they are red potatoes--if you like the skin anyway ;) )
Put milk in to cover potatoes half way.
Use the garlic press and do 2 cloves.
Cook till they are done--about 15 min?
Then when they are mashable, mash them right there w/ the mix n masher. Add a stick of butter and 1/2 a block of cream cheese. :D These are sooooo good.

starrmarie said:
I haven't done it, but my director says she makes Ice tea in it almost everyday. She uses 10 tea bags and fills it with water and microwaves it for 10 min. Then she fills the family QS pitcher with ice to the top and pours the tea in. Its the perfect amount to fill the pitcher. quick and easy.

Wow, that is an awesome idea!!!! I will have to try it this week. I drink ice tea more than anything else. Since I only have the regular size QS I will only put 5 tea bags in with water and try it.

Question...may be stupid but I'll ask anyway........ should I reduce the time for brewing since I am only using half the amount?

kalamandah said:
Where can I find the lava cake recipe for the rice cooker?

ditto. I don't own the RCP yet but after reading this thread just might have to get one.

I'm so glad I found this thread! I have the rice cooker but up to now I don't use it much!

Thanks!!!

I earned the rice cooker when it was new. A friend borrowed it for a week or so--other than that it's just been gathering dust.

The lava cake sounds wonderful. Would you remind us how to make it, please?

Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
One box of chocolate cake mix
ingredients to make the chocolate cake (from the back of the box)
One can of chocolate frosting
Empty cake mix and cake mix ingredients into Rice Cooker Plus and mix together.
1. Add ½ the can of frosting with Small Scoop.
Microwave for about 8-10 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes
out clean. Microwave time may vary.Searched the files and found it! Pretty cool to answer my own question, huh?

1. How many servings does the Delicious 8-Minute Lava Cakes recipe make?

The recipe makes 4 servings.

2. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the Lava Cakes?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer, as long as it is in a bar or chip form.

3. Can I make the Lava Cakes in advance?

Yes, you can prepare the batter and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking. Just make sure to bring it to room temperature before baking.

4. Do I need any special equipment to make the Lava Cakes?

No, you do not need any special equipment. A standard muffin tin will work just fine.

5. Can I use a substitute for eggs in the Lava Cakes?

Yes, you can use a flax egg or applesauce as a substitute for the eggs in this recipe. However, the texture and flavor may be slightly different.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• magentablue
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
magentablue
  • KayPT
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KayPT
  • Liquid Sky