• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Raffles Made Easy: Tips for Hosting Your First Raffle and Choosing a Prize

I think it's called an event fee. It would be something like $100 or something like that. The org pays the school and then they send you a check. I think it would be best if you talked to the school about it before hand though. Thanks!Andrea,Thank you so much for your help! I'm going to be doing my first fundraiser raffle (which is only my 3rd PC event!!! I'm nervous!) and have been using everything you have posted! I do have a question though...How do you pay for the shipping for the "shopping sprees"? Do you pay as the consultant? Or do you have them pay? I'm overseas so we do
ChefAmber
this will be my 1st raffle and i was wondering if any one had done one before i dont know what to say on the ticket and whats something good to give away and was it really worth your time. i talked to my director and she said it was fine to do but she had never done one before so i turn you ya'll for help. if you have never done one but have ideas for one please share with me. ANYTHING IS GREATLY NEEDED.
thanks amber

I donated this package to a private school a few months back:

It went over very well.

I hope this helps:

Donated Items
Classic Batter Bowl $14.50
Stainless Whisk $12.002
Cake Mixes $18.00
Small Mix ‘N Scraper $11.00
Slice ‘N Serve $7.00
Small Spreader $4.00
Cake Tester $1.25
Season’s Best Cookbook Spring/Summer ’06 $1.00
Grand Total: $68.75

Hello you could try a raffle for a shopping spree. Ticket cost $10 Orginazition gets 1/2 the sales the other half pays for the shopping spree then orginazition gets 10% or 15% on that also. if 10 people sell 10 tickets that $500 for org and $500 for 2 or 3 shopping sprees. If you want more info let me know. I did 1 already and am doing another now for the band at my sons middle school.
Andrea

"Flamingo" - can you detail your info on the raffle for the shopping spree? It sounds like the Organization would end up earning more with this than just a fundraiser. Thanks!

First of all you just sell raffle tickets for $10. When all raffle tickets are sold you split $ down the middle half to org and half for shopping sprees. No $ out of your pocket for the spree except for tax and shipping to your home on anything under or equal to the spree amount. The customer/winner will pay any over the amt won. The org also will make 10 - 15% on spree also. I will try to attach a letter and ticket. hope it works
Andrea

Attachments

• SMS raffle letter.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 440
  • SMS raffle ticket.doc
    43.5 KB · Views: 496
Hope this helps!!!
Andrea

Wow, this seems like a good idea. I have never done a PC fundraiser before but this seems like it would raise more money for the organization than a traditional PC fundraiser. Is this within PC guidelines? I'll have to keep this in mind for future use! Thanks

I got the idea from this website. I hope it's within guidelines******

Ladies- thanks so much for your ideas! I'm going to be doing my first fundraiser raffle (which is only my 3rd PC event!!! I'm nervous!) and have been using everything you have posted! I do have a question though...

How do you pay for the shipping for the "shopping sprees"? Do you pay as the consultant? Or do you have them pay? I'm overseas so we do direct shipping which means each shooping spree we give away would have seperate shipping...

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!!! Thanks- Jackie:confused:

WOW, thanks a million, I have ask help for this fundraiser previous and thanks to you I can now actually do it. You are a life saver.

Flamingo said:
First of all you just sell raffle tickets for $10. When all raffle tickets are sold you split $ down the middle half to org and half for shopping sprees. No $ out of your pocket for the spree except for tax and shipping to your home on anything under or equal to the spree amount. The customer/winner will pay any over the amt won. The org also will make 10 - 15% on spree also. I will try to attach a letter and ticket. hope it works
Andrea

Very cool idea! I downloaded and hope to be able to use this. It's a win win situation for the fundraiser! Thanks so much!

Flamingo said:
Andrea

Do you get any tax document from the school for their part? Do you collect the money or is it paid to the school and then they right you a check? How does payment work when it does not go through PC to the organization and to you for the shopping sprees?

I have heard of this and am planning on offering it to local schools and organizations but was unsure how it would work as far as payment goes. I have also heard of consultants entering the shopping sprees as orders under a show and taking the FPV as part of their payment for doing the show instead of entering it as a fundraiser too.

I do not know the PC Fundrasier guidelines, so, I do not know exactly how they work. I am trying to get one now.

Thank you!!
Flamingo said:
Andrea

This raffle idea is so much more appealing than the usual 10-15 percent only from sales. That give-away is a great idea!!! Thank you for sharing.

Debbie :D

Related to Raffles Made Easy: Tips for Hosting Your First Raffle and Choosing a Prize

What is a raffle and how does it work?

A raffle is a type of lottery where people purchase tickets for a chance to win a prize. The winner is chosen through a random selection process. The more tickets a person buys, the higher their chances of winning. Raffles can be hosted in person or online.

How do I host my first raffle?

To host a raffle, you will need to determine the rules and regulations for your specific location. This may include obtaining a permit or license. Next, choose a prize that will appeal to your target audience and set a ticket price. Promote your raffle through social media, word of mouth, and other advertising methods. Finally, draw the winning ticket and award the prize to the lucky winner.

What are some tips for hosting a successful raffle?

Here are a few tips for hosting a successful raffle:

• Choose a desirable prize that will encourage people to buy tickets.
  • Set a reasonable ticket price that is affordable for your target audience.
  • Promote your raffle through various channels to reach a wider audience.
  • Make the purchasing process easy by offering online ticket sales or multiple payment options.
  • Thank your participants and promote the winner to create excitement for future raffles.

How do I choose a prize for my raffle?

When choosing a prize for your raffle, consider your target audience and what would appeal to them. You can also ask for donations or sponsorship from local businesses to provide a prize. Some popular prize ideas include gift baskets, experiences, or cash prizes.

Are there any legal considerations for hosting a raffle?

Yes, it is important to research and follow the laws and regulations for raffles in your specific location. This may include obtaining a permit or license, setting a maximum ticket price, and reporting the proceeds and winners to the appropriate authorities. It is also important to clearly state the rules and regulations of the raffle to participants to avoid any legal issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • jkowalski
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jla8279
  • staceychef2005
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies