• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Problems With Deep Covered Baker?

In summary, the customer returned her DCB because it "rocked" on the counter. She got the new one and now claims the lid "rocks" on the base. Has anyone else had any problems like this?
jenscookingnow
I have a customer who just returned her DCB because it "rocked" on the counter. She got the new one is now claims the lid "rocks" on the base. She's the kind of person who whines about everything, so I don't know if this is normal, or her being nitpicky. Has anyone else had any problems like this?

I haven't had this problem, but if you think about it, each piece is different in some way. It's molded "clay", for all practical purposes, and these things happen.

Each piece is hand made. Let her know they are each one of a kind - maybe that prestige will help.

I haven't had any problems with mine. Does she know that the lid just sits on top it doesn't seal at all so if you attempt to slide the lid a little it will.

I borrowed my director's and her lid rocked too.

My baker is solid, but the lid does rock a bit. When I am talking about the DCB I always point out that they are customly handmade for our guests and that each piece is unique....

I tell (or relive) my days in pottery class...they can all relate...."Remember in pottery class in school when you made those marevelous bowls for your mother? I bet most of those wobbled, rocked or just plain fell over!!" It always seems ot get a laugh....

With February coming up, you all might want to mention something about the handmade quality of the DCB - so there are no surprises....

For $65.00 - I am assuming I will have a few that want their moneys worth and expect perfection...

She is being picky. Stoneware is a natural substance. It will not be perfect.

I like the handmade lines. Go with that. :)

My lid rocks as well - oh well :)

My lid rocks - doesn't bother me. I have had a customer whose deep covered baker cracked in two places....that's the only complaint I've gotten

My lid ROCKS WOOHOO! teehee

My deep baker cracked inside after using it twice. I returned it for a new one and this one seems to be fine,although I really don't think I used it yet.. The knob on top is crooked, a little off center. The quality for $65.00 is hard to sell. Glad they added this for 60% off.

If she is really unhappy with it have her send it back for a replacement. As has been said, they are individually made so there will be some differences but if it's annoying to that point she should get a new one. If it's still within 30 days PC will even pay postage.

I have mine... my knob on top is set crooked... I haven't even used it yet! I bought it thinking that I would use it all the time... not once... yeesh!

Thanks!Thanks All! I emailed her and told her about the handmade thing, and told her I wanted her whinny self to be happy(ok I left out the whinny part), so I offered to send it back again. Haven't heard back from her, so I'm assuming she came to her senses! She's just one fo those customers who wants everything for nothing. Did I mention I paid for half the DCB out of my pocket because it wasn't available as a half price item when she hosted in Nov and she complained relentlessly? Well, the upside is her's was an $1100 show. I'll put up with whinning for a $275 paycheck!!!!

If you haven't used your stones, then you owe it to yourself to pull it out this week and try the 30 minute chicken. It is awesome....moist delicious and I think it will sell a zillion of them!

Related to Problems With Deep Covered Baker?

1. What are some common problems with the deep covered baker?

Some common problems with the deep covered baker include cracking, chipping, and difficulty with cleaning and removing food stains.

2. How can I prevent my deep covered baker from cracking?

To prevent cracking, it is important to always place the baker in a cold oven and allow it to preheat with the oven. Avoid placing it in a hot oven or exposing it to extreme temperature changes.

3. What should I do if my deep covered baker chips?

If your deep covered baker chips, it is important to stop using it immediately to prevent any small pieces of ceramic from ending up in your food. You can contact Pampered Chef customer service for a replacement or visit a local retailer for a new one.

4. How can I easily clean my deep covered baker?

The best way to clean your deep covered baker is to soak it in warm, soapy water for a few minutes before scrubbing with a soft sponge or brush. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that can damage the ceramic.

5. Is the deep covered baker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the deep covered baker is dishwasher safe. However, hand washing is recommended to prolong the life of the ceramic and prevent any potential damage from harsh detergents and high temperatures.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • meganmcg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jillb
  • sjspchef