• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying New Recipes: Have You Tried This One?

In summary, the conversation is about different recipes for glazed pecans and the success people have had with them. Some have made them for craft fairs and cooking shows with great results, while others have had trouble with them sticking together. The secret seems to be cooking them for at least 6 minutes on medium heat, and some have added additional spices like cinnamon or pepper for more flavor. The recipe can be found in the Mini-Holiday catalog or online.
poohritz
Gold Member
has anyone tried this recipe? just wondering as I am going to give it a go. I love to try new recipes out. like this weekend I made 2 kinds of fudge off of good eats recipes.
have fun with it.

I am trying out a new fudge recipe tomorrow night. Its suppose to be the real old fashioned fudge. If it works out I will enclose a copy!

No I haven't tried those pecans. Let us know how they turn out! I too loooove trying out new recipes! I love to collect them from magazines, Internet, HERE, and I have a TON of recipe books... I seem to be drawn to the cookbook section of my Chapters Bookstore here. Every Sunday I try out a new recipe of a main meal and dessert. I stopped for now until the holidays are over, then I'll start back up again.

Cheers!

My director made the pecans for her open house. She said they taste really good, but stick together like crazy. I have done the spiced glazed pecans, they are really good.

Sweet Glazed Pecans

1 egg white
1-8 oz. package pecan halves
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. PC cinnamon
Combine all ingredients and bake at 350 degrees on parchment lined bar pan for 18-20 minutes

We demo'd Glazed Peppered Pecans at a Craft Fair two weekends ago. Sold them at $1.00 a bag. They went over like gang-busters -- and got me some January bookings, since it showed how fabulous the cookware is. Have made them at Cooking Shows since then. Most people just love them.

One tip, though, we DOUBLED the amount of brown sugar. They tasted much better that way.

Trish
Just got second recruit !!

ShanaSmith said:
My director made the pecans for her open house. She said they taste really good, but stick together like crazy. I have done the spiced glazed pecans, they are really good.

Sweet Glazed Pecans

1 egg white
1/2 tsp. PC cinnamon
Combine all ingredients and bake at 350 degrees on parchment lined bar pan for 18-20 minutes

Ohhh! I am making some of these tonight :)

I've made these a few times and they're yummy. Mine do tend to stick together quite a bit though. Maybe I should cut back on the light syrup stuff or something.:confused:

I have made these many times and they are good. I made some batches without the pepper and those batches were my favorite. I never had a problem with mine sticking though.

Make sure to spread them out on the Parchment Paper so they're not touching too much. They won't stick together that way. In making in Saute Pan, make sure you measure ingredients precisely. Don't overload pan.

Trish in Texas
just signed 2nd recruit

Trish1953 said:
Make sure to spread them out on the Parchment Paper so they're not touching too much. They won't stick together that way.
Even doing this, they still stick. I've spread them out totally on parchment so every single one isn't touching another and left them out to cool WAY longer than they say just to make sure. And they still stick! OH well, they're still awesome even if you have to work at pulling a couple apart when you put them in a bowl.:)

successthis recipe worked great. :) I think the secret is to cook them long enough. You are trying to make a praline. too short a cooking time will be sticky candy, longer cooking (higher temps) makes a harder candy. enjoy

pepper glazed pecans
how do you make it?

The Pepper glazed pecans recipe is in our Mini-Holiday catalog. I loved them.
I did not have light corn syrup, so substituted real maple syrup. Great results. I doubled the recipe and prepared in my stir fry skillet, using our Mix and Scraper to move them around in the pan. Thanks for the spiced recipe. I used it last year, but could not find that one this year. Can you tell us which cookbook it is in?

I just made some more peppered pecans (have been doing these for a while, and the trick definitely is to cook them long enough...at least 6 minutes on medium heat). I tried adding 3/4 t Cinnamon Plus, and used 1/4 t pepper, and they are delicious!!

Diane

poohritz said:
I think the secret is to cook them long enough. You are trying to make a praline. too short a cooking time will be sticky candy, longer cooking (higher temps) makes a harder candy. enjoy
Awesome, thanks for the advice. I'll cook them longer next time.:)

thanks ladys happy hoildays!

dianevill said:
I just made some more peppered pecans (have been doing these for a while, and the trick definitely is to cook them long enough...at least 6 minutes on medium heat). I tried adding 3/4 t Cinnamon Plus, and used 1/4 t pepper, and they are delicious!!

Diane

I have been demoing these at shows (express shows) and everyone loves them! Yes - the key IS to cook them long enough - to that "hard crack" candy stage.
What a great idea to add the Cinnamon+! I think everything tastes better w/ cinnamon - I'm going to try this today!

When I make them I use the Lawry's seasoned pepper in a blue bottle.
they are Yummy!
Teresa

ShanaSmith said:

Sweet Glazed Pecans

1 egg white
1/2 tsp. PC cinnamon

Can I just say how many batches of these I have made so far? They are AWESOME, and soooo easy! Just like the glazed nuts at fairs that they stir in the big kettles all day long. And, I made some pecans, almonds and walnuts... and they are all good!

Tip: don't let them overcook, that is when they start clumping together and it sticks to the stone...darn phone!:(

I made the pepper glazed pecans and added a pinch of cayenne pepper. They were awesome!

And yeah, I learned the hard way that they needed to cook long enough to get to the hard candy stage. But I just put 'em back in the pan and cooked them for a few minutes longer.

This is probably my favorite one! They are fabulous!

What ingredients do I need to make this recipe?

To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients: [list of ingredients].

Can I substitute any ingredients in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute certain ingredients in this recipe. Some common substitutions include [list of common substitutions]. However, keep in mind that substitutions may alter the taste and texture of the final dish.

How long does it take to prepare this recipe?

The preparation time for this recipe varies depending on the complexity and number of steps involved. On average, it takes about [time] to prepare this dish.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

It is possible to make this recipe ahead of time, but the taste and texture may be affected. We recommend following the recipe and serving it fresh for the best results.

What tools or equipment do I need to make this recipe?

This recipe requires [list of tools/equipment]. If you do not have these items, you can purchase them through Pampered Chef or use alternative tools in your kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • ConShan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • alibene80
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies