New Recruit - Welcome letter

Discussion in 'Recruiting Discussion' started by Lisa/ChefBear, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Gold Member

Hi all,
    I'm excited, I've got a new recruit (I think she's signing tonight on-line). We were on phone for hours talking and she said she's ready and going to sign. Woo Hoo!!! I'm hoping this is not another kitnapper, as that's who I generally recruit.

Anyway, my ?? to you is, do you have a letter or anything you send to them to welcome them??

Also, my upline is going away on Sunday and won't be able to offer training like she normally does, so is there something I should send or do??

Thanks,

Lisa

2. Lisa/ChefBear

Well she signed, I've got a recruit.

I know people are looking at this, but no one has any samples of what they send to a new recruit?? No welcome to the PC family letters or something like that??

Anything??

Lisa

3. KrisGio

KrisGio

Lisa, what is a kitnapper?

4. ltkacz

ltkacz Guest

Lisa:

I typically send this flyer that has a chart on it for everything they can earn for FREE within their first 90 days. I'm at my other job right now, when I get home tonight I'll post for you. It's a huge help, and easier to understand then the brochure we have.

5. Lisa/ChefBear

Kristen,
    Kitnapper = person who signs on gets their kit and never does anything to fullfil the contract, never has one show. That's been my history of recruiting, and one girl, did it twice, she had let her yr. expire and she had had lots of family and health issues, said she was ready to really start for real and she signed and did the same thing (found out later her dd was getting married, so I think she gave product to dd for wedding)

Liz,
    I'd love whatever form you can give me, as I said, my experience with recruiting hasn't been the greatest. No matter how excited them seem, it just falls apart. My director has even called and started training with them and they still never follow through.

This is a new year and new try, so I'm hoping and praying for the best, as not only could this help my family, but this will help keep my director as a director come April.

Lisa

6. khergatt

khergatt

I would love to see what you give them, too! I have two (with a possible third) signing this week!!!

Thanks!

7. JulieHaak

JulieHaak Gold Member

Below is what my director send to new consultants who join the team...hope this helps.

Hi!

Welcome to the _______ Cluster. PLEASE call me if you have any questions.

Attached is your New Consultant Checklist. These are things that you can do while you are waiting for your kit to arrive.

I also need for you to forward me the e-mail that Pampered Chef sent you titled "Welcome to Our Family" when you receive it.

If you have any questions please call me ASAP.

Again, welcome to our TEAM and I am looking forward to working with you!!

New Consultant Checklist

Set up an email address specifically for Pampered Chef.
    Set up a checking account specifically for Pampered Chef.
    Apply for Pampered Chef Debit card and direct deposit.
    Forward “Welcome to the Family” email to your Director.
    Accept Yahoo Group invitation.
    Set up and personalize your website.
    Read consultant’s Business Guide.
    Organize your calendar to reflect dates available.
    Observe a show.
    Get labels or personalized stamp.
    Plan an Open-House.
    Practice a recipe and bring to a meeting.
    Confirm at least 6 shows on your calendar within the next 6 weeks.
    Create a show outline for yourself.
    Take the Tele-classes and on-line training courses.
    Order Business Building Supply Package.
    Know how to order additional supplies.
    Watch Getting started DVD.
    Install Pampered Partner Plus
    Attend new consultant training.
    Attend team training meeting on your calendar.
    Set personal goals for your business.
    Familiarize yourself with new consultant reward program.
    Set up system for tracking contacts.
    Review current promotions for hosts, guests, consultants.
    Organize your work area.
    Create system for tracking potential recruits and hosts.
    CALL YOUR DIRECTOR WHEN YOU ARE FEELING OVERWHELMED OR TO ASK FOR HELP!

Complete the entire list and qualify in your first 30 days and you will receive a gift from your Director!

8. ltkacz

ltkacz Guest

Here's what I gave my two that signed yesterday, and this is what I will give the one who signs today.

I've been telling them right now they have 2 main things to focus on. Getting their 4 bookings in ASAP and opening a seperate bank account to get direct deposit, and the PC debit card rolling. A couple of them have bookings this week alreay, in which case I'm helping them out with supplies until their kit comes.

I had a kitnapper last year, and I figured, I"m going to make sure they get the 4 bookings in ASAP, that way they'll see how much they can make by only working 4 shows, and they are more excited to keep going.

I also set up weekly phone calls with all of them, in which I'll explain to them a couple of things - on each call. Like you need to take online training - how about X course, we'll talk about it next time.

I personally, wouldn't give a checklist to them. I think it's way to overwhelming. I remember how overhwelmed I was when I first started, so I wouldn't do that, but rather give it to them in bits and pieces.

Attached Files:

9. gailz2

gailz2 Gold Member

Lisa, a hearty CONGRATULATIONS on your new recruit!! May she be with our cluster a LONG, LONG TIME.
    Gail

10. Koolotus

Koolotus

Here is the letter I send :)

Attached Files:

11. niclowther

niclowther Gold Member

I'm liking all these great new consultant welcomes, I was in need of something like that, but I had a quick thought to add.
    I love cards, and I think most people do also. I would also send a "welcome to the family" card with nothing but a 'thanks' and note about how excited you are to have her. Sometimes all the info about what to do now can get overwhelming (don't get me wrong it is very important), but just let them know you appreciate her or him.

12. heather223

heather223 Gold Member

Thanks! I like this.

13. nikked

nikked Gold Member

Congrats, Lisa! Great going!!!!

14. khergatt

khergatt

These are great! Thanks so much! I have one gal coming over tomorrow at noon to close her show and sign and another signing online tonight!! (My first 2 - I'm so proud!)

15. Lisa/ChefBear

Thanks so much for these, I'm going to check them both out and maybe send one right away and then wait a couple days and send the next.

I also love the idea of cards, I know I LOVE to get cards.

I'm hoping actually within next couple of weeks to take time and make a TON of Thank You cards and some smypathy cards. I just had a hostess cancel due to a death in the family and I had to buy a card, that PO'd me, as I LOVE to stamp and have TONS of CTMH stamps around, just not enough time to do what I want.

I think the personal contacts mean allot.

Thanks again,

Lisa

PS,
    Gail, yes, may she long be in our group, so our cluster can stay as a cluster for here and ever after April 1st!!

16. caraighan

caraighan Gold Member

these are great!!! thanks for posting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.