• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Martha Stewart Shows Ss Cookware Today

In summary, Martha Stewart is promoting a partnership with PC and her cookware is not clad. Her cookware has measure marks like PC SS, her handles are not silicone, and her pans prevent scorching. Her set of cookware is very expensive and she did not say a whole lot. Our SS cookware has metal handles too and ours is special because the tri ply goes up the sidewalls too. Is ours special because of the Satin finish? or is that a common feature? Questions!
JAE
Here in my neck of the woods, Martha Stewart is just about ready to talk about her must have set of SS cookware. I'll get back to you after the segment. If you saw it already today feel free to add whatever you learn.

oh! Please share! I still don't feel like I know enough about ours!
thx

Martha is very dull as a sales person. She's very creative but she is a bore on T.V. IMO
She really didn't say a whole lot. I took notes, but I didn't learn anything. Her set of cookware has measure marks like PC SS. Her handles are not silicone. They are metal. She did say her pans prevent scorching. Do ours?

She is very ...mellow...LOL
Scorching...i don't know.
but our SS cookware has metal handles too..
did hers have tri ply?
I've seen Tri Ply SS cookware advertised in ads like Bed Bath and Beyond or Kohls... Is ours special because the tri ply goes up the sidewalls too?
Is ours special because of the Satin finish? or is that a common feature??
Questions!!

I just don't know enough about our SS...

If anyone out there has answers as to why ours is THE BEST fill me in!

I have no doubt that PC researches and comes out with the best at the best price. I just need to know the facts to share with customers.

Tupperware has SS cookware...very expensive...at least they did a couple years ago...

THX JAE for trying to get real info from Martha!

They still do and it is still very expensive. They have an 8pc set and it is on sale right now for $750 rather than $850. IMO ours are nicer. Theirs look cheap.

My friend has two pieces of TW stainless and she hates it. She just purchased the 5 and 7 piece sets of PC's and LOVES them and will tell anyone willing to listen! I realize this doesn't answer your questions above.. I dont' know those specific answers... sorry!

I'm not sure which line of Martha Stewart cookware you're talking about, but I assume it's the one at Macy's, since she's been promoting her partnership with them recently. If that's the case, then her cookware is definitely not cladded. The description says "Aluminum-encapsulated induction bases for even heat distribution."As for TW, I was looking at their stuff at a home expo last week. The show's organizers made the brilliant decision to put our PC booth across from Cutco's, and TW's catty-corner to theirs. If I had just a little more time to prepare, I would have made a giant poster reading "OURS IS BETTER!" But I digress. Anyway, TW cookware is definitely not cladded either. Their description says, "For fast and even heating, the encapsulated bases feature a consistently thick layer of aluminum fused between two layers of 18-gauge stainless steel." TW's line is very pretty to look at, but its impractical shapes and disk-bottom construction mean it is not going to be a terrific performer -- which is a real shame, given its high price tag.Whenever cookware is described as having "encapsulated bases," you know you're dealing with disk-bottom (as opposed to fully cladded) cookware. Disk-bottom cookware feels heavy, but is cheaply constructed, compared to cladded cookware. A thick, multi-layer base is welded on to the bottom of an otherwise thin, all-stainless pot/pan. The bottom is responsible for heat conduction. These sorts of pans don't heat up as quickly as their cladded counterparts (there's a much thicker layer of metal on the disk-bottom pans), and they don't respond as quickly to changes in temperature (i.e., they stay hot when you want them to cool down). So, for example, if you have a recipe in which you're supposed to bring something to a boil and then lower to a simmer, a disk-bottom pan will retain enough heat to keep your food boiling longer than it's supposed to boil. This can adversely affect the finished dish.BTW, I was at Bed Bath & Beyond last night checking out cookware. All-Clad is actually a bit thinner than our cookware (don't know if this is good or not, since thinner cookware made of the same materials might be a little more responsive to temperature changes). Calphalon Tri-Ply just doesn't seem to have the level of quality that ours has, and Calphalon Contemporary SS (also cladded) is gorgeous from afar, but looks unfinished upon closer inspection.So, in short, I think we have a really good thing going with our cookware. It might be just a tad less responsive than All-Clad, but it should be almost as good. Considering it's also less than half the price of All-Clad, I'd say it's a great deal for some great cookware.

When The Furry Guy and I were at Jungle Jim's, we looked at Emeril's and Rachael Ray's cookware, along with All-Clad and a few other lines. After really looking at the construction and the prices, The Furry Guy said he is definitely impressed with the quality and price of PC SS. We talked about the fact that it is amazing PC has better quality for less. And, trust me, for some of the cookware, PC was a small fraction of the price.

In the new target ad, they have lots of cookware. I read the fine print of it and most of those pieces only have tri-ply on the bottom. PC has it on the sides too. I mention that at my shows. I tell them it takes longer to heat only from the bottom, but when the sides are heat conductors too, food and especially boiling water heats much quicker. they are always impressed withthat

ChefNic said:
She is very ...mellow...LOL
Scorching...i don't know.
but our SS cookware has metal handles too..
did hers have tri ply?
I've seen Tri Ply SS cookware advertised in ads like Bed Bath and Beyond or Kohls... Is ours special because the tri ply goes up the sidewalls too?
Is ours special because of the Satin finish? or is that a common feature??
Questions!!

I just don't know enough about our SS...

If anyone out there has answers as to why ours is THE BEST fill me in!

I have no doubt that PC researches and comes out with the best at the best price. I just need to know the facts to share with customers.

Tupperware has SS cookware...very expensive...at least they did a couple years ago...

THX JAE for trying to get real info from Martha!

Take the online training about the cookware~it is very informative!

Just found this info on Product Reviews and Reports - Consumer Search.com - Reviewing the Reviewers. Thought it was interesting...

We were surprised to find that some celebrity cookware compares well to mainstream brands, but that might be because well-respected brands are often behind the celebrity name. Emerilware, for instance, is actually made by All-Clad. Jamie Oliver's line is made by T-Fal. Martha Stewart cookware isn't backed by All-Clad or Calphalon, however, and in tests, it doesn't perform as well. At Cook's Illustrated, testers say Martha Stewart's 12-inch nonstick skillet (*est. $30) retained heat poorly. It got too hot over high heat, and was too slow over a low flame. Editors say it burned onions in their sauté tests. At Cuisine at Home magazine, editors are kinder to the 12" Martha Stewart Everyday skillet, but they warn that a less expensive Martha Stewart skillet "doesn't perform nearly as well."

Thank you Colleen

Related to Martha Stewart Shows Ss Cookware Today

1. What is the price range for Martha Stewart Shows Ss Cookware Today?

The price range for Martha Stewart Shows Ss Cookware Today varies depending on the specific item. However, most pieces in the collection range from $20 to $200.

2. Is the cookware dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the cookware in the Martha Stewart Shows Ss Cookware Today collection is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

3. Can this cookware be used on all types of stovetops?

Yes, the cookware is versatile and can be used on all types of stovetops including gas, electric, and induction.

4. What materials is the cookware made of?

The Martha Stewart Shows Ss Cookware Today collection is made of high-quality stainless steel with an aluminum core for even heat distribution.

5. Does the cookware come with a warranty?

Yes, all cookware in the Martha Stewart Shows Ss Cookware Today collection comes with a limited lifetime warranty for any manufacturing defects.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
OhmyDLM
  • Cindycooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Cindycooks
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Products and Tips
Replies