• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Tempurpedic Mattress Worth the High Price Tag for Back Pain Relief?

should definitely check out Natura (made in Canada). After looking around, we were set to buy a Tempurpedic or a Sealy memory foam and when we went to purchase it, the store had just received the Natura bed so we tried it. We layed on it and there was absolutely no comparison!!! It is 9" of latex, 4" of memory foam, and 3" of smart wool - heaven!!! And, it is not hard like Tempurpedic when you first lay on it waiting for your body heat to warm it up to conform. We have had ours for two years and have not regretted it.
reba515
Tempurpedic is what we're looking at.

Wondering if any of you have one of these and do you like it ? was it worth the HUGE expense ? did it take a while to get used to it?
DH is _ell bent on buying one and I have some reservations on spending close to $2000 on a bed!

He has 2 bulging discs in his back and is in pain quite often.The chiropractor has suggested it as well as others.

There is some other bed he's been looking at too, something with air tubes inside that form to your position ??? called a S.A.T. Bed same idea as the foam but air.

Last edited:
reba515 said:
Wondering if any of you have one of these and do you like it ? was it worth the HUGE expense ? did it take a while to get used to it?
DH is _ell bent on buying one and I have some reservations on spending close to $2000 on a bed!

He has 2 bulging discs in his back and is in pain quite often.The chiropractor has suggested it as well as others.

There is some other bed he's been looking at too, something with air tubes inside that form to your position ??? same idea as the foam but air.
*cough*
I'm PM'ing you. LOL :)

Two words:Sleep Number.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Two words:

Sleep Number.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my Sleep Number bed.

okay I guess the SAT bed is like the sleep # but doesn't require a pump, so no electricty.

thanks!

anyone else out there??

We have a Dormia bed and love it. (Dormia Mattress, Affordable luxury mattress collection)
We did have a sleep # and loved it until 'someone' hit one of the air tubes w/the sweeper. Ended up hooking both mattresses together via one tube. Then when one person got out of bed the other person would sink as the other mattress filled w/air. We lived like that for about 4 years then the mattresses started loosing air...so we went shopping.
PS Reba, are you a William Wegman fan??

Ours is made by England Corsair, but it is very similar to a tempurpedic (sp?)

It has a memory foam, no "electricity" involved.
We absolutely love it! It's firm, yet comfortable at the same time.

I know $2000 is alot of money, but you know the ol' saying about gettin' what ya pay for, don't ya?...Besides, if it saves on visits to a chiropractor, that's gotta be worth something!!

Good luck! I would suggest you check a Consumer's Report for the ratings, etc., as well. At least then you'd be better informed, hopefully!!

Paula

well, in my past life I sold mattresses and furniture. (for almost 15 years) So I can tell you my recomendations. First if you are shopping major brands, and primium lines the very best way to pick the purfect mattress is to lay down. Lay the way you sleep and stay there for a while, few minutes at least. Yes the prices vary a lot, you don't have to spend a fortune to get a good bed. All good mattresses should have at least a 10 year non prorated warranty. And most reputable dealers have some sort of return policy if you really don't like it. I worked at a major retailer and we told people that called to say they didn't think they liked their new beds, to sleep on it for 30 days and then decide. Once mattresses have been in a home they can't be resold (without being sanitized and marked down) so a few extra days really doesn't matter. I do recommend spending a little more to get a better bed, but it doesn't have to require a refi on your home.

HTH

Last edited:
thank you all !! Hopefully there will be afew more posters and I will have DH read these and llet him check into the suggestions.

yes love William Wegman !!! he's so much fun !

anyone know anything about the S.A.T. beds ??

health insurance might pay for that one!!

My BIL got a VERY nice one at Costco. It was $500 I believe and we're going to get it with our tax refund. Let me see if I can find it online.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11026460&search=mattress&Mo=137&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=mattress&Ntt=mattress&No=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

Definintely check out Natura (made in Canada). After looking around, we were set to buy a Tempurpedic or a Sealy memory foam and when we went to purchase it, the store had just received the Natura bed so we tried it. We layed on it and there was absolutely no comparison!!! It is 9" of latex, 4" of memory foam, and 3" of smart wool - heaven!!! And, it is not hard like Tempurpedic when you first lay on it waiting for your body heat to warm it up to conform. We have had ours for two years and have not regretted it.
You spend many hours of your life sleeping - not worth cutting corners. :)

boy DH is gonna have a lot of researching to do this weekend !! lol

reba515 said:
Tempurpedic is what we're looking at.

There is some other bed he's been looking at too, something with air tubes inside that form to your position ??? called a S.A.T. Bed same idea as the foam but air.

We bought a tempurpedic last year. It's the best money we've ever spent...:thumbup:

I'm now 22 weeks pregnant. With my other 2 pregnancies, I had issues with my hips, I was miserable after I hit 16 weeks until delivery. Not this time, not with the new mattress, no problems at all.

Tempurpedic is very much worth the money. It does have a smell for about the first month, but nothing that Fabreeze can't handle.

We have the Visoelastic memory foam bed and I LOVE it. Before we bought ours (around 1k for the matress) I would wake up with tingling in my arms and numb legs. Not anymore! I can tell such a difference when we travel I don't sleep all night I wake up everytime I urn over. When I am at home I never wake up except to go potty.
I am amazed at the quality of the foam. There are a bunch of types of memory foam beds out there. #1 Make sure you don't buy one that has memory foam on top of a spring inner core. #2 Make sure the bed is constructed of some highdensity memory foam. Yes foam comes in different levels of density which means the higher the density the stronger the foam. Our bed has 2 inches of high density foam on the bottom and 4 inches of lower density on top. The low density gives more and conforms easiers. And its rue what the adds say you can be on one side of the bed and someone else on the other and you won't feel them move on and off the bed. There is no energy tranfer in foam beds.

I hope this helps!

sounds like I am going to have to give in !! I especially like that I won't feel him get up !
he gets called to work at all hours or will just get up because he can't sleep.

The mattress we have now is only about 5 years old and we paid a lot of $ for it and it's already got indents in it !!:mad:

the first mistake with that one was getting a pillow top and we can't flip it (stupid, stupid,stupid)

sslangley said:
We bought a tempurpedic last year. It's the best money we've ever spent...:thumbup:

I'm now 22 weeks pregnant. With my other 2 pregnancies, I had issues with my hips, I was miserable after I hit 16 weeks until delivery. Not this time, not with the new mattress, no problems at all.

Tempurpedic is very much worth the money. It does have a smell for about the first month, but nothing that Fabreeze can't handle.

Which Tempurpedic did you purchase?? What brand was it?? We currently have a soft side waterbed and are looking into a posturepedic mattress.

momoftwins said:
Which Tempurpedic did you purchase?? What brand was it?? We currently have a soft side waterbed and are looking into a posturepedic mattress.

We bought the actual Tempurpedic brand. Check them out at tempurpedic.com I think we got the Symphony bed by Tempurpedic. It's so worth the money.

Related to Is a Tempurpedic Mattress Worth the High Price Tag for Back Pain Relief?

1. What is a Posturpedic mattress?

A Posturpedic mattress is a type of mattress manufactured by Sealy that is designed to provide extra support and promote proper spinal alignment while sleeping. It typically has a firm feel and is made with materials such as memory foam and innerspring coils.

2. How do I know if a Posturpedic mattress is right for me?

The best way to determine if a Posturpedic mattress is right for you is to try it out for yourself. Visit a store that carries the mattress and spend some time lying on it in your typical sleep position. You should feel supported and comfortable, and your spine should be in a neutral position.

3. Are Posturpedic mattresses good for people with back pain?

Yes, Posturpedic mattresses are often recommended for people with back pain. The extra support and alignment they provide can help alleviate pressure on the spine and reduce discomfort. However, it is always best to consult with a healthcare professional for personalized advice.

4. How long do Posturpedic mattresses typically last?

Posturpedic mattresses are known for their durability and can last anywhere from 8-12 years with proper care. This includes regularly rotating the mattress and using a mattress protector to prevent stains and damage.

5. Do I need a box spring with a Posturpedic mattress?

While not required, it is generally recommended to use a box spring or foundation with a Posturpedic mattress. This provides additional support and can help prolong the life of the mattress. However, check with the specific mattress manufacturer for their recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
micocina
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
Replies
Views
chefann
  • whiteyteresa
  • General Chat