• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pizza Dough Woes: What Am I Doing Wrong?

In summary, the author is complaining that their pizza dough always breaks, rolls up on them, and rubber-bands back when they try to roll it out. They also mention that they've had better results with store-bought dough when making biscuits, croissants, and other types of bread, but this one was from Trader Joe's. The author suggests that maybe next time they'll try buying it from their favorite pizza parlor when they don't have the time to make it themselves.
linojackie
I have had the worst luck with pizza dough lately! It seems like it always breaks, rolls up on me and rubber-bands back when I try to roll it out. I can't stand it! I was about to throw it out the window! Should it be room temperature? Should it be colder? Can anyone tell me what the heck I'm doing wrong?

I use mine right out of the frig and have never had a problem.

Have you tried changing brands?

For making the pizza I would for sure get the bakers roller to roll out the dough otherwise trying to do it by hand is near impossible.

I purchase it right from the pizzeria - its about 3.00 - and take it out about 1/2 hour before you want to roll it with the bakers roller - Works great!

I had the same problem with Chef Boyardee last night, ended up having to order in.:cry:

So did we last week... I wonder if there was a bad batch... but ours was Pillsbury I think... I believe that my DD just overworked the one she had though.

We've had issues with Pillsbury. It does work and tastes different or so I think. We love the Baker's Roller. Some stores care the dough at the bakery or deli. We have to get ours at Trader Joe's (a more specialized store than a grocery store). But we have 3 choices vs just white flour reg. dough.

Well, I have noticed better results from Pillsbury over the generic brands when it comes to biscuits, croisants, etc. But this one was Pillsbury. Maybe next time I'll try buying it from "my favorite pizza parlor" as Rachel Ray suggests.

My kids and I have pizza and movie night every friday night. I have a heck of a time with any store bought pizza dough. I usually make mine fresh but buy it when I don't have the time and then regret it later. I think the problem is I don't let it get to room temp. Dough always works best when at room temp. I have a feeling that my Trader Joe's has it way too cold because sometimes I have to leave it out for an hour (might as well make it then) :) Oh well! The things we do for our kids.

1. Why is my pizza dough tough and hard to work with?

There are a few reasons why your pizza dough may be tough and difficult to work with. The first is overworking the dough. Kneading the dough too much can make it tough and chewy. Additionally, using too much flour or not enough water in the dough can also result in a tough texture. Make sure to follow the recipe and use precise measurements for best results.

2. How can I prevent my pizza dough from shrinking in the oven?

If your pizza dough is shrinking in the oven, it could be due to not letting the dough rest and rise properly before baking. Letting the dough rest for at least 30 minutes before shaping and baking will allow the gluten to relax and prevent shrinking. Also, make sure to use a generous amount of toppings and leave some space around the edges to prevent the dough from pulling inwards.

3. Why is my pizza dough not rising?

If your pizza dough is not rising, it could be due to using expired yeast or not activating the yeast properly. Make sure to check the expiration date of your yeast and follow the instructions for activating it. Also, using water that is too hot can kill the yeast and prevent the dough from rising. The dough may also not rise if the room or oven is too cold, so make sure to let it rise in a warm place.

4. How can I make my pizza dough more flavorful?

To add more flavor to your pizza dough, you can try using different types of flour, such as whole wheat or bread flour, or adding herbs and spices to the dough. Adding a small amount of sugar or honey can also help enhance the flavor. Another option is to let the dough rise in the refrigerator overnight, which allows the flavors to develop more.

5. Can I freeze pizza dough?

Yes, pizza dough can be frozen for later use. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing it in the freezer. When ready to use, let the dough thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then allow it to come to room temperature before shaping and baking. It may take longer to rise after being frozen, so be patient and give it enough time to rise before baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tpchefpattie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
Replies
Views
pamperedpnina
  • PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies