• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long to Keep Old Show Files Etc?

In summary, the conversation discusses how long to keep physical copies of order forms and show paperwork. Some suggest keeping them for 3 months while others recommend keeping them for at least a year. It is also mentioned that using Pampered Chef's software, PP, allows for the ability to reprint receipts if needed. Some also suggest backing up PP files in case of computer issues. Finally, it is mentioned that with the newer version, PP+, one may need to add a customer as a contact in order to print a receipt for them.
lisacb77
How long are we supposed to keep such things? As y'all know, I am winding down to just take orders for family & friends. I don't plan to pursue shows, and even if I change my mind, all my people's info is in PP. So I have started recycling the DPDS from the shows and any other such paperwork.

My main concern is my copies of the order forms. Do I need to keep them? Or maybe not since I submit in PP? Just wondering how long I should keep them or not.

TIA!

I shred mine after about a month. Everything is electronic and as long as you back up PP/P3, I can't imagine why we would need them. Shred away!

We just discussed this at our last meeting and it was said to keep them for 3 months and then shred.

I like to keep them for at least 2-3 months just in case there was something on the order form I missed when placing the orders and I can reference back to them if someone calls with a question. Then I shred since I use PP3 and back up my files.

Kelly V. :)

As long as you backup your PP/P3 to an EXTERNAL source, you can shred as soon as you are comfortable.

Thanks all, I backup both to a separate place on my drive and an external jump drive, so I'm going to recycle away!

Not to be stupid, but what if a customer calls you asking if you have a copy of her receipt because she has something she thinks is still under warranty but cannot find her copy?

Well if you use PP you can just print another.

If you still have PP loaded on your computer, you would be able to go to that program, find the show/order, and reprint on receipt paper. Either than or handwrite another receipt on the tri-part paper using the original info that is showing on the order screen. I'd probably just keep one set (of 100) computer receipts on hand in case this came up.

I think you can reprint forever...you just can't change any show data after 6 months (which I've never done anyhow).

Regarding shredding: ......The only real problem with shredding stuff and then someone needing a receipt later might be items received as gifts (so someone else purchased an item) or, the infamous "several people on one receipt to split the shipping fee". But, if I know folks are combining orders, I am very clear that any returns would have to be done in the name on the order and that I won't be able to find shared orders except under that original name.

Since all products, except consumables, have a 1 year warranty, I do not shred until that year deadline is past. Most show paperwork will fit in 1 or 2 boxes as the year goes on so I see it as a cusomter service to retain the records for that one year...

b

That was what I thought. Beyond one year would be safe. Cool!

Just a warning about going back and printing the receipts. I heard if you don't add a person to contacts in PP Plus you won't be able to do that.

I haven't switched tp PP+ yet--Am I understanding correctly that you cannot print out receipts???

chefkristin said:
I haven't switched tp PP+ yet--Am I understanding correctly that you cannot print out receipts???

You can print receipts in PP+. However, it may require that you have added the person as a contact.

tlennhoff said:
You can print receipts in PP+. However, it may require that you have added the person as a contact.

Correct, so if you have old shows and haven't added the person as a contact you won't be able to print a receipt for them.

Related to How Long to Keep Old Show Files Etc?

1. How long should I keep my old show files and records?

It is recommended to keep your old show files and records for at least 3 years. This will ensure that you have access to important information and documentation if needed.

2. Do I need to keep physical copies of my old show files?

No, it is not necessary to keep physical copies of your old show files. You can scan and store them electronically for easy access.

3. Can I delete old show files after a certain amount of time?

Yes, after 3 years you can delete old show files that are no longer needed. However, it is always a good idea to keep a backup of important files.

4. What should I do with old show files from previous years?

You can either keep them electronically or dispose of them after 3 years. It is important to securely dispose of any sensitive information.

5. How long should I keep customer order information?

It is recommended to keep customer order information for at least 3 years. This will ensure that you have access to past orders and customer information if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krzymomof4
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
amy07
  • LBurke
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • nikked