• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Make a Tamale Round-About?

In summary, someone brought it to our cluster meeting last night, and I think my family would like it. I don't have the cookbook that it appeared in, and I couldn't find it anywhere here or through Google. Can anyone hook me up with the recipe?Nevermind....I found it!Would you mind sharing where you found it, or post the recipe itself?
AZPampered Chef
Silver Member
Someone brought it to our cluster meeting last night, and I think my family would like it. I don't have the cookbook that it appeared in, and I couldn't find it anywhere here or through Google. Can anyone hook me up with the recipe?

Nevermind....I found it!

Would you mind sharing where you found it, or post the recipe itself? I remember seeing it somewhere, too, but have no idea where!

Thanks!

Please share! I've never heard of this one, and it sounds very good!

go to files & type in fluted stone....its in there.....:)

I typed it up for a customer once...Tamale Round-About
(Main Dishes Cookbook – page 58)

Filling:
1 ¼ pounds lean (90%) ground beef
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon salt
1 jar (16 ounces) thick and chunky medium salsa
¼ cup red or green bell pepper or combination of both, chopped

Corn Bread:
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow corn meal
¼ - 1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking power
½ teaspoon salt
2 eggs
¼ cup vegetable oil
4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
Sour Cream (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Generously spray Stoneware Fluted Pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cook beef in Large Skillet for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with seasonings. Stir in salsa. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, chop bell pepper using Food Chopper; sprinkle in bottom of pan.
4. For corn bread, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking power and salt in Classic Batter Bowl. Add milk, eggs and oil; stir with Mix ‘n Scraper just until dry ingredients are moistened. Shred cheese with the Deluxe Cheese Grater and add.
5. Spread 1 ½ cups of batter evenly over the peppers in the pan using the Skinny Scraper. Top with filling and remaining batter, spreading evenly.
6. Bake 35 – 40 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Loosen corn bread from the edge and center or the pan with a knife. Invert onto serving plate. Slice into 16 wedges using Slice ‘n Serve. Serve with sour cream, if desired.

Yield: 8 servings
Nutrients Per Serving (2 wedges): Calories 570; fat 32g, sodium 810 mg, dietary fiber 2g

Cook’s Tip: Mild or Hot salsa can be substituted for medium salsa.

Cook’s Tip: Sherbet with Cinnamon Chips would be a perfect desert. To make Cinnamon Chips, lightly spray 4 (7-inch) flour tortillas with water using the Kitchen Spritzer. Sprinkle with combined 1 tablespoon sugar and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges using Pizza Cutter. Bake on flat Baking Stone at 400 F for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.

Thank you!

Ginger, nice to see you again - haven't seen you lately!!

Hi there! I'm a fellow Pampered Chef consultant and I would be happy to share the Tamale Round-About recipe with you. It's a delicious and unique dish that I'm sure your family will love. Here's the recipe:Ingredients:
- 1 package (8.5 oz) corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheeseInstructions:1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). In a bowl, mix together the corn muffin mix, egg, and milk until well combined.2. In a separate bowl, mix together the black beans, corn, red bell pepper, green onions, cilantro, salt, and black pepper.3. Place the chicken in the bottom of a greased 9-inch round baker. Top with the bean and vegetable mixture.4. Pour the corn muffin mixture over the top of the bean and chicken mixture, spreading it evenly.5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.6. Once done, remove from the oven and top with salsa and shredded cheese. Return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.7. Let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy your delicious Tamale Round-About!I hope this helps and that your family enjoys this dish as much as mine does. Happy cooking!

Related to How Do You Make a Tamale Round-About?

What is the "Need Tamale Round-About Recipe"?

The "Need Tamale Round-About Recipe" is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that combines the flavors of traditional tamales with the convenience of a casserole. It is a popular recipe among Pampered Chef customers for its unique and flavorful twist on a classic dish.

What ingredients do I need to make the "Need Tamale Round-About Recipe"?

The ingredients for this recipe include ground beef, onion, canned corn, canned black beans, salsa, cream cheese, Mexican cheese blend, cornbread mix, and a variety of spices. You can find the full list of ingredients and measurements on the Pampered Chef website or in the recipe card included in the "Need Tamale Round-About Recipe" set.

Do I need any special kitchen tools or equipment to make this recipe?

No, you do not need any special tools or equipment to make the "Need Tamale Round-About Recipe." However, having a Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker or Stoneware Baker can help achieve the best results. These baking dishes help evenly distribute heat and ensure a perfectly cooked casserole.

Can I make any substitutions or modifications to the recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions or modifications to the "Need Tamale Round-About Recipe" to suit your personal preferences. For example, you can use ground turkey instead of ground beef, or you can add additional vegetables such as bell peppers or zucchini. Just be sure to adjust cooking times accordingly.

How many servings does this recipe make?

The "Need Tamale Round-About Recipe" serves 6-8 people, depending on portion sizes. It is a great option for family dinners or potlucks, and can easily be doubled to serve a larger group. Leftovers can also be refrigerated and reheated for a quick and delicious meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
VeronicaW
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies