• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Why Are Home Interiors Consultants Filing for Bankruptcy?

In summary, Home Interiors Consultants has filed for voluntary bankruptcy. They still have a business, but may want to reconsider their options and join Pampered Chef. They have 70,000 consultants in the US. 30,000 elsewhere.
its_me_susan
Just a heads up, in case any of you know Home Interiors Consultants, they have filed, voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Not to panic them, they still have a business, but may want to reconsider their options and join Pampered Chef. They have 70,000 consultants in the US. 30,000 elsewhere.

For the full story, go here. http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/DN-HomeInteriors_30bus.State.Edition1.3b926ed.html

and another about higher priced items. Here is another article describing their downfall. With higher priced items that their customer didn't want or could afford.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/DN-HomeInteriors_02bus.ART0.State.Edition2.46752a3.html

I firmly believe that people are choosing to scale back right now on the unnecessary purchases (like home decor, make up & candles) and want a way to save money by cooking and eating at home. We are crazy if we don't capitalize on this, don't you think?

Meg, that was one of the topics of our director meeting last week. This is our chance to shine!My sister was thinking of signing with Uppercase Living, but I said the same thing to her-it's a luxury purchase. No one is buying luxury items right now. She got my point and did not sign with UL but still won't sign with PC. :rolleyes:

DebbieJ said:
Meg, that was one of the topics of our director meeting last week. This is our chance to shine!

My sister was thinking of signing with Uppercase Living, but I said the same thing to her-it's a luxury purchase. No one is buying luxury items right now. She got my point and did not sign with UL but still won't sign with PC. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, kinda makes you wonder how certain former consultants are doing in their businesses where it's definitely more of a luxury!:eek:

I was wondering the exact same thing Becky.

I did wonder that same thing Becky, but my guess is that we would never get an honest answer if we asked! Not ready to open that can of worms!

chefmeg said:
I did wonder that same thing Becky, but my guess is that we would never get an honest answer if we asked! Not ready to open that can of worms!
Good point! :p

All I know is that I had a customer the other day that said she never attends any other kind of party except PC. She just can't see the value in other direct selling company products.

My personal opinion, I never have cared for HI products very much. I feel they are mostly mediocure (sp?) quality at best, for the price that they are.

Some of our products are "luxury" items for some, but then the next customer will explain why the product works for them! This is why I continue to :candyheart::love0010: PC

:sun::party:And those darn trips are so much fun too!!:party::sun:

I like the HI candles, but that's about it.

1. What is the latest trend in home interiors?

The current trend in home interiors is a focus on sustainability and eco-friendly materials. Using natural and organic materials, incorporating plants, and opting for energy-efficient appliances are all popular choices.

2. How can I incorporate more color into my home?

One way to add color to your home is by incorporating accent pieces such as throw pillows, rugs, and wall art. You can also paint an accent wall or add colorful curtains or drapes.

3. What are some budget-friendly ways to update my home interiors?

There are many affordable ways to update your home interiors, such as rearranging furniture, adding new throw pillows or decor, and repainting walls. You can also DIY projects, shop at thrift stores, or take advantage of sales and discounts.

4. How can I create a cozy atmosphere in my home?

To create a cozy atmosphere, incorporate soft textures such as blankets and rugs, add warm lighting with lamps or candles, and use earthy tones in your decor. Also, keep the space clutter-free and incorporate personal touches, such as family photos or sentimental items.

5. What are some must-have items for a functional kitchen?

Some essential items for a functional kitchen include a good set of knives, cutting boards, pots and pans, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, and kitchen utensils. Other useful items include a blender, food processor, and a variety of cooking utensils. It's also important to have proper storage containers for food and pantry staples.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sburnside
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
erin
  • ragschef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampcheflisa
Replies