• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the recipe for mojito chicken salad from Grill It Quick?

In summary, the recipe for mojito chicken salad calls for marinating chicken in a mixture of olive oil, lime juice, honey, fresh herbs, salt, and pepper before grilling for 6-7 minutes on each side. The chicken is then sliced and served over a salad of mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, avocado, feta cheese, and toasted almonds. The dressing for the salad includes mandarin oranges, sugar, lime, mint, cayenne pepper, and oil. Prep time is 20 minutes and total time is 30 minutes. The recipe yields 4 servings.
paroese
Gold Member
I can't find my copy of Grill It Quick and need the recipe for the mojito chicken salad. Can anyone help please?

Dressing:
1 can (15 oz) mandrin oranges in light syrup, undrained
3 tbsp sugar
2 limes
3 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
3 tbsp olive oil

Chicken and salad:
4 boneless. skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp coarsly ground black pepper
4 cups baby spring mix salad blend

Prep time 20 min Total time 30 min

1. Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. For dressing, drain syrup from mandarine oranges into small batter bowl; stir in sugar.(set aside oranges for salad) Microwave on HIGH 10 - 1 minutes or until thickened and reduced by half (about 6 tbsp). Zest limes to measure 2 tsp of zest; juice limes into batter bowl. Add lime zest, chopped mint, cayenne pepper and oil. Reserve 1/4 cup of the dressing in prep bowl for brushing overchicken. Refrigerate remaining dressing for salad.
2. For chicken, season chicken with salt and black pepper. Grill chicken, covered, 5 minutes or until grill marks appear. Turn chicken over; brush with reserved dressing and gril 5-7 minutes or until pocket thermometer registers 170 F in thickest part and juices run clear. (discard any remaining dressing used for brushing on chicken) Transfer chicken from the grill to large grooved cutting board; let stand 5 minutes.
3. For salad. toss salad blend with tbsp of the salad dressing; divide evenly among serving plates. Cut chicken into thin slices; arrange over salad. Top with reserves mandarine oranges. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Yield 4 servings

Hope that helps..

Thanks so much!!

You're welcome!!! How did it turn out??

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you can't find your copy of Grill It Quick. I would be happy to help you with the recipe for mojito chicken salad. Here it is:Ingredients:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toastedInstructions:1. In a large resealable bag, combine the olive oil, lime juice, honey, mint, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken breasts and marinate for at least 30 minutes.2. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Grill the chicken for 6-7 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked.3. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, then slice into strips.4. In a large bowl, toss together the mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, avocado, feta cheese, and sliced almonds.5. Top the salad with the sliced chicken and serve immediately.I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy grilling!

1. What ingredients are needed for the Mojito Chicken Salad?

The ingredients for the Mojito Chicken Salad include chicken breast, romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onion, avocado, corn, black beans, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, honey, and mint leaves.

2. How do I cook the chicken for the salad?

The chicken can be cooked in a skillet on the stove or on a grill. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Let it cool before adding it to the salad.

3. Can I make the salad ahead of time?

Yes, the salad can be made ahead of time. However, it is recommended to wait and add the avocado right before serving to prevent it from browning.

4. Can I use a different type of lettuce?

Yes, you can use a different type of lettuce in this salad. However, romaine lettuce is recommended for its crispness and ability to hold up to the dressing.

5. Do I have to use fresh mint for the dressing?

Fresh mint is recommended for the dressing, but if you do not have it, you can use mint extract or leave it out altogether. The dressing will still have a delicious flavor without the mint.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • KCPChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • workingmaof3
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies