• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Else Run Into This Problem?

In summary, the person's keyboard has letters that rub off. They are tired of replacing the keyboard every few months because of it. They eventually emailed Logitech about it and they offered to sell them a cover for the keyboard. They also tested at a high speed and are faster than they thought they were.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
This is OT-

I have purchased 3 of the exact same keyboards in the last year. I LOVE the keyboard or I wouldn't keep buying the same one. When I replace it NOTHING is wrong with it except the letters on the following keys rub off. I do not have any letters or only partial letters on the following keys: e,t,i,a,s,d,f,g,h,j,k,l,x,c,v,b,n,m,

I'm tired of paying for a new keyboard just to replace keys! I finally emailed Logitech to let them know that with my wrist and thumb issues I NEED to use this keyboard, but I cannot keep dropping $80-100 every 3-4 months because the keys rub off.

I can type with no letters on my keys, but DH cannot and he's updating or fixing something on my computer almost weekly- poor fella!

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else had ever dealt with this and what did you do?

buy those plastic covers for the key boards, it protects the keys and lenghts the life of the key board.

have your tried writing it on with a sharpie?

Wow, you must type like mad LOL! I've had my logitech keyboard for 6 years now and still has letters on them! Some letters are worn for sure but they just look faded! A little dirty (being white and all) but it's still GREAT!

etteluap70PC said:
have your tried writing it on with a sharpie?

My keyboard is black- if they made a white sharpie I could try that...

Yeah, I do type like mad- I tested at 89 wpm, but know that I type faster than that because I get nervous when I type. :) Or was it 79 wpm? Shoot I forgot...oh well....

LOL

Kitchen Diva said:
My keyboard is black- if they made a white sharpie I could try that...

Yeah, I do type like mad- I tested at 89 wpm, but know that I type faster than that because I get nervous when I type. :) Or was it 79 wpm? Shoot I forgot...oh well....

LOL

Dang that's fast! I think I tested at the end of my typing class at 40wpm but have improved much since then!:rolleyes:

how about cutting little pieces of masking tape and writing on those?

Get a clear keyboard cover and on the underneath side, write all the letters. Then DH can put that on your keyboard when he has to fix something, but it won't be in your way when you are typing.

etteluap70PC said:

I could try that---

Kacey~

They do have silver sharpies that would show up on the black keys!

If you use a Sharpie - or any sort of marker or sticker for that matter - make sure you clean your keyboard really well. Use rubbin alcohol on the keys and let them dry before you try to write on them or put a sticker on them. Otherwise, the oil from your fingers will prevent adhesion.

katie0128 said:
If you use a Sharpie - or any sort of marker or sticker for that matter - make sure you clean your keyboard really well. Use rubbin alcohol on the keys and let them dry before you try to write on them or put a sticker on them. Otherwise, the oil from your fingers will prevent adhesion.

Ooo, good idea! I would not have even thought of that!

etteluap70PC said:

I was going to self teach myself to play piano (I played as a kid). I took my mom's piano when she didn't want it anymore and I bought a Best of the Beatles piano book and want to re-learn to play. I asked my mom to come down and write in the book and on the keys (masking tape first) what the note was and she looked at me like I grew three heads...um...she gave me the piano...doesn't that make it mine now?! LOL!!

I liked the idea about the plastic guard to take on and off for DH, but it would be a pain to store it until he needs it.

pampered.chris said:
I was going to self teach myself to play piano (I played as a kid). I took my mom's piano when she didn't want it anymore and I bought a Best of the Beatles piano book and want to re-learn to play. I asked my mom to come down and write in the book and on the keys (masking tape first) what the note was and she looked at me like I grew three heads...um...she gave me the piano...doesn't that make it mine now?! LOL!!

I liked the idea about the plastic guard to take on and off for DH, but it would be a pain to store it until he needs it.

I might have to go buy one of those for him- I can see his large italian fingers hitting more than one key with that however... Hopefully Logitech will just send me those 18 keys and I can pluck the bad ones out and put the good ones on! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I might have to go buy one of those for him- I can see his large italian fingers hitting more than one key with that however... Hopefully Logitech will just send me those 18 keys and I can pluck the bad ones out and put the good ones on! :)

That would be great if they could just send you "back-up" keys!!

I have used key boards for several years at work and never had a problem with keys rubbing off. I would be interested to see what Logitech says.

wadesgirl said:
I have used key boards for several years at work and never had a problem with keys rubbing off. I would be interested to see what Logitech says.

I wonder if I just hit the keys too hard. or if my fingers are too lotioned, or if that sanitzing gel I use on my hands eats away at the little letter sticker on each key...

This particular keyboard is the only keyboard I've run into this issue with. I have a microsoft keyboard at work- no troubles there, and I've normally used Dell Keyboards- no issues with those, either...

Kitchen Diva said:
I wonder if I just hit the keys too hard. or if my fingers are too lotioned, or if that sanitzing gel I use on my hands eats away at the little letter sticker on each key...

This particular keyboard is the only keyboard I've run into this issue with. I have a microsoft keyboard at work- no troubles there, and I've normally used Dell Keyboards- no issues with those, either...

Why is it that you have to use this specific keyboard at home?

It's the only keyboard that doesn't fatigue my wrists and thumbs... every other keyboard causes pain. I have an ergonomical one at work, and this weekend had to finally break out the Carpal Tunnel braces again. Went to CVS this afternoon for a thumb one because it hurts so bad!

Kitchen Diva said:

I think you should paint the new keys various colors and have a rainbow keyboard!

Kitchen Diva said:
It's the only keyboard that doesn't fatigue my wrists and thumbs... every other keyboard causes pain. I have an ergonomical one at work, and this weekend had to finally break out the Carpal Tunnel braces again. Went to CVS this afternoon for a thumb one because it hurts so bad!

Ugh, I know the feeling. I've had carpal tunnel since I was 17! What a PITA! I've never had problems with regular key boards but my worse problem was the mouse. I use a trackball at home and work and it's so much less stressful on my wrists.

That's a lot of typing over there, dear! I like the idea of the keyboard cover for DH. Just had to share that on just about all my keyboards I've had, the N rubbed off. I've had my new lap top for 3 weeks now, and guess what? The corner of the N is gone...

Funny! my A, S and D keys are the first to go!

Well, quit typing SAD, DADS, ADDS, etc so often!

wadesgirl said:
Well, quit typing SAD, DADS, ADDS, etc so often!

Oh my gosh, too funny! my e key is completely wiped off!

i have a logitech keyboard that's on a few months old and the M key is rubbed off.. not sure why.. strange .. how about a white out pen?

I thought it was just me! lol I have 10 keys that still have parts of the letters on them. All the rest are gone. The keyboard was less than a year old when they rubbed off. Sharpie didn't last. It rubbed off within a few days. I haven't replaced it because it keeps everyone else off my computer. :D

RebelChef said:
I thought it was just me! lol I have 10 keys that still have parts of the letters on them. All the rest are gone. The keyboard was less than a year old when they rubbed off. Sharpie didn't last. It rubbed off within a few days. I haven't replaced it because it keeps everyone else off my computer. :D

Logitech is not being really helpful, either- they said they are completely aware of the issue and have been for years- Okay- then sell little bags of keyboard keys, please! :)

Anywhoo they asked me to jump through more hoops than a show dog just to get some inexpensive keys and after emailing back and forth for about 2 weeks I told them that I really felt that they don't care too much about the money I've spent replacing perfectly good keyboards, and I was going to start shopping for a different brand of keyboard. I then stated that I'd have to buy a new mouse, too- since mine was a mouse and keyboard combo- and while I was at it, I'd replace DH's as well- we'd be done with Logitech all-together.

I said all of this very calmly, and kindly- but needed them to understand that if they wanted to keep me as a customer- then please just mail me some keys- I'll pay for them...I'm not asking for a new keyboard or mouse, or a check for pain, suffering or frustration--- I just want you to mail me some keys.

I'll let you know what they say...

Related to Has Anyone Else Run Into This Problem?

1. What should I do if my product arrived damaged?

If your product arrived damaged, please reach out to our customer service team at [insert contact information] and they will assist you with a replacement or refund.

2. How do I track my order?

You should have received a tracking number via email when your order was shipped. You can use this tracking number to track your order on our website or through the shipping carrier's website.

3. Can I return my product if I am not satisfied?

Yes, we offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee on all of our products. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact our customer service team for assistance with a return or exchange.

4. What is the warranty on my product?

The warranty varies depending on the product. Please refer to the product information or packaging for specific warranty details. If you have any questions, our customer service team will be happy to assist you.

5. How can I become a consultant for Pampered Chef?

To become a consultant, you can visit our website and click on the "Join Us" tab. From there, you can learn more about our consultant program and sign up to become a part of our team. You can also reach out to a current consultant for more information and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Teddik
  • pchockeymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kathytnt