• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Commission Earned on Half Price and 60% off Items?

In summary, PC does not have commission on the specials. However, the consultant may receive incentives such as trip points for using the half price items on higher end merchandise.
cwinter474
Gold Member
Do we earn commission on these? I am thinking no

Nevermind, I always find my answers AFTER I post here.

I'm glad you found the answer :)

If anyone else is wondering, the answer is no.

I personally think we should though I have so many people buy the whole pans sets and that at half price would still be $100 commision, maybe they should do half commision on 50 and 60% offs or something like that.

I feel just fine about not getting commission on those things. 1. Many other DS companies make the consultant pay for the specials. I like that PC provides all the specials.2. Often the host works harder to get her sales up so she can get those deals and often exceeds her goal which means more guest sales = more commission.

I'm just happy PC has a host rewards program at all! My last DS company nothing and I had to pay for anything I wanted to offer, and I almost didn't make enough to cover my expenses.

I'm not familiar with a product line that has consultants pay for specials, though I've heard many people say this.

I DON'T think they should count for commission but would like to see there be some sort of incentive, much like the past host's 60 percent off item counts towards their free product. For instance, can they count towards trip points? That would at least provide some incentive to encourage them to use their half price items on higher end merchandise.

That said, I understand us not getting commission on them. For instance, my July show went something like this:
Guest sales, including past host: $1,103
Total commissonable, after host purchases over and above FPV: $1,159
Free product value: $440
My commission: $278

My host had an interesting question: If she gets $440 free and I get more than $200 ... what's the mark up?

I am guessing it's about 60 percent, because they never sell anything for less than 60 percent off ...

I still think we do the JOB to promote the items that are being chosen as the special or the half priced items. When host consider pots and pans, I am the one bringing out documentation on both sets we offer and explain the differences. I know, for one, I do work woth the consultants when it comes times to pick their specials and half price items. I think I derserve commission for it.

By not getting commission on those items we also aren't tempted to push people to buy things they don't have a budget for. I suggest it is a good way to get higher price items and the best way to optimize their benefits but I also say "it's your budget so you don't want to use it or want to get lower cost items that is your choice." my hosts appreciate that. No pressure.

What items are eligible for half price and 60% off discounts?

The items eligible for these discounts may vary depending on the store or promotion. However, typically they include clothing, accessories, home goods, and sometimes electronics.

How can I find out about half price and 60% off deals?

You can usually find out about these deals by checking the store's website or social media pages, signing up for their email newsletter, or browsing through their physical store or online catalog.

Are there any restrictions or limitations for half price and 60% off items?

Yes, there may be restrictions or limitations such as a minimum purchase amount, specific items or brands excluded from the discount, or a limited time frame for the deal. It's best to check the terms and conditions of the promotion before making a purchase.

Can I combine the half price and 60% off discounts with other promotions or coupons?

This also may vary depending on the store or promotion. Some may allow you to stack discounts, while others may only allow you to use one promotion at a time. Again, it's best to check the terms and conditions or ask a store employee for clarification.

Is there a limit to how many half price or 60% off items I can purchase?

Typically, there is no limit to the number of discounted items you can purchase. However, some promotions may have a maximum purchase limit or may only allow a certain number of discounted items per customer. Again, it's best to check the terms and conditions for this information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JenniK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • yankeeinontario