• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Got Invited to One of Those Parties!

I mean ZERO...sexual content whatsoever. Just a lot of fun, silly things like edible powder in your coffee and such.At the couple that I've been to, there was NO...I mean ZERO...sexual content whatsoever. Just a lot of fun, silly things like edible powder in your coffee and such.
lacychef
I got invited to my first "passion party" tomorrow night:eek: My friend said she's having it for the fun; the last one she went to--all they did was laugh. I guess it'll be interesting anyway......anyone ever been?;)

I went to an Athena party a couple weeks ago. TONS of fun!!

Yup, and I booked a show!!The host benefits are not even half as good as ours, but the shows are fun! I went to my first one planning to play up the fact that I had a cold so I could sit in the back and not participate much, but ended up having fun, and even winning the game we played! Just try to leave embarrassment at the door, and plan to have fun!

jbachen said:
Yup, and I booked a show!!

The host benefits are not even half as good as ours, but the shows are fun! I went to my first one planning to play up the fact that I had a cold so I could sit in the back and not participate much, but ended up having fun, and even winning the game we played!

Just try to leave embarrassment at the door, and plan to have fun!

yes they are so much fun, the last one i was at was at my mama's house( my sil and myself always use my mom's house for parties) i think there was like 30something women there, we were literally lined all the way around the walls of the living room. we had soooooooooooooooooo much fun. i'm not really into using the stuff, but i think as far as a really good fun night out with the girls these can be a blast.

Well, the consultant in our area (I am not sure if this is standard or not) does a two part show. The first part is sort of tame stuff, like massage oils, fragrances, edible powder, and stuff like that. The second part is the, er, interesting part... My guess is that even if you are not into using adult toys, you could find something to purchase in the first part of the party...Also, it breaks up a long presentation, and sort of warms us up instead of jumping into the potentially embarrassing stuff head first. It's a great night out with the girls!!

I guess I'm a little different because I hated every second of the party I went to. Not only did I find it trashy (could have been the consultant and the way she "led" the show) but a lot of what went on I felt was in bad taste. Also, I was uncomfortable with a lot of the women sharing things and "comparing" the products to their husbands... and I know these men and I just found it horrifying.I'm happy to hear that others had good experiences at these but for me, I won't be attending another one.

finley1991 said:
I guess I'm a little different because I hated every second of the party I went to. Not only did I find it trashy (could have been the consultant and the way she "led" the show) but a lot of what went on I felt was in bad taste. Also, I was uncomfortable with a lot of the women sharing things and "comparing" the products to their husbands... and I know these men and I just found it horrifying.

I'm happy to hear that others had good experiences at these but for me, I won't be attending another one.

I agree. :eek: I love my husband, and am by no means a prude - but my feeling is that our intimacy is just that - intimate. It's something special just for the two of us, and I don't want to share the details with others - I also don't want to know their details!:eek:

Yea, my sponsor for Arbonne, just joined Athena's. I was like what a switch, so tomorrow night will be my first time to one of those parties. I'm excited!!

ChefBeckyD said:
I agree. :eek: I love my husband, and am by no means a prude - but my feeling is that our intimacy is just that - intimate. It's something special just for the two of us, and I don't want to share the details with others - I also don't want to know their details!:eek:

Yeah - at the 2 I've been to, no one shared things like that. Sure, we were like men in a locker room and were bing stupid and perverted, but it was all in good fun and joking around.

redsoxgirl said:
Yeah - at the 2 I've been to, no one shared things like that. Sure, we were like men in a locker room and were bing stupid and perverted, but it was all in good fun and joking around.

At the couple that I've been to, there was NO sharing of info like that! None at all!!! :eek: Since the first one that I went to was with my aunts & cousins, family gatherings would have been very interesting after that!

finley1991 said:
I guess I'm a little different because I hated every second of the party I went to. Not only did I find it trashy (could have been the consultant and the way she "led" the show) but a lot of what went on I felt was in bad taste. Also, I was uncomfortable with a lot of the women sharing things and "comparing" the products to their husbands... and I know these men and I just found it horrifying.

I'm happy to hear that others had good experiences at these but for me, I won't be attending another one.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who felt like Colleen and Becky!

I do not think I would be comfortable at all at this type party. As a matter of fact, I would more than likely just not go b/c I would not want to feel out of place or uncomfortable. I think some things should remain private and not be among friends! but that's just me!:D

I actually hosted a party last month and had two of my PC hostess come and a friend from work. We had a blast. We laughed and laughed until we cried. :cry:

It was a great night out for us girls and there was no sharing of others personal experience or such.

I just had one of these parties for a girl I work with as a shower because she is getting married this weekend. I had never been to a passions party before and so didn't know what to expect but everyone else wanted to have it be a passions party. The consultant divided it up in two parts the first part was the oils, lotions, etc. and then the second part was the "toys". We all laughed and had a good time. Would i ever have one of these shows for myself probably not but it was a good laugh and time to relax and spend an evening with the girls! Plus they do the orders in a separate room so that what you order is private and no one has to know.

JoLynn

I hosted one myself! It was fun! I set out strawberries and champagne (to set the mood, hehehe!). We had SO much fun! We learned a lot about eachother (not so much our partners)! It was like a huge ongoing conversation about intimacy and I could tell that some people felt more comfortable awnsering questions in front of everyone instead of just one on one (cause we all lauged so much). I didnt buy anything and the host special wasnt good at all. The really funny part? When I saw what my friends had ordered! OH MY:blushing:

I'm glad you started a conversation about this because I'm going to have a dilemma. I have a host who just started selling some of this stuff - don't know the name of the company. It had tastefully in it because I thought she was going to say "Tastefully Simple." Unfortunately that is not what she said!!

Anyway she is having a party in May for me. I'm sure she is going to ask me to do one for her, and I am in no way in to something like this! I would never invite my family and friends to one either!! What should I say to her??

See, now, our consultant puts the products in sealed, non-see-through bags, just so the hostess cannot see what everyone ordered.And at the parties I have been to there has been no sharing of inappropriate details... just good fun!So I guess the experience is different for everyone... but I hope you have a good one!!

yes the ones i've been to have been the two part , and no one ever shares anything, you can go to these parties and have a really good time without them being "trashy" i guess it is probably more the consultant ( there can be trashy consultants in any DS business it's all how you present things and yourself) and also depends on the guest that are there.

pampchefrhondab said:
I'm glad you started a conversation about this because I'm going to have a dilemma. I have a host who just started selling some of this stuff - don't know the name of the company. It had tastefully in it because I thought she was going to say "Tastefully Simple." Unfortunately that is not what she said!!

Anyway she is having a party in May for me. I'm sure she is going to ask me to do one for her, and I am in no way in to something like this! I would never invite my family and friends to one either!! What should I say to her??

If I were you I would just be completely honest with her. If she was going to host for you before she signed up, then there should be no implied arrangement that you were going to return the favor for her. Although, if you know anyone you could refer to her, that would show no hard feelings, and support of her new business venture, even though her party is not for you. Good luck!

The last time I went to one of these parties was about 10 years ago!! I was just out of high school and being corrupted by fellow workers!!:blushing: We had fun though. I was invited a couple months back to another, but she cancelled. But, I think as long as you don't take it all too seriously and just have fun with it you'll have a good time. I agree though that I wouldn't want to hear details about my friend's husbands!!!

redsoxgirl said:
And you would know all about this...how?

:confused:

I can't imagine telling the teachers or other parents at my kid's school that I'm a consultant for an adult party company (whatever the names are for them)
I'm shy enough about telling them I do PC!!

I went to one a few months ago. I had no interest in going, but it was my cousin and I really wanted her to return the favor by coming to my PC party the following week.
I thought it was funny, but did get a bit uncomfortable with the word choices from the consultant. I thought she sounded trashy.
Orders some lotion cause that was one of the most tame items in the catty.
Won't ever go to another though.

I haven't been to one in about 10 years, but one of the girls in my Direct Sales Networking Group is a consultant and I think how trashy it is totally depends on the consultant. The consultant in my group (granted, I haven't seen a show yet) is super classy and not trashy at all. I agree that intimate matters should be just that--intimate, but I think a presentation done in good taste is totally possible.I don't know, I'll let you guys know in June when it's her turn to host a show!

I worked in a headshop for 3 years, and we sold the same things that are sold at the Adult Shows. That was uncomfortable selling, but I became a natural at it. I considered going into it w/direct sales, but I didn't see it being too profitable. All the parties I've attended, people are usually too embarrassed and buy only lotions so the commission isn't that much unless you start off with the bang, and it's mostly women who do it as a girls' night thing; and most Girls Nights are only on Fridays and Saturdays. You have to have 2 big shows weekly to really earn your money. PC's way, way better, and no one's embarrassed to buy kitchen products.
Sorry, just rambling. This thread reminded me of that time in my life. Sorry for the interruption.

Wow, lots of different sides!
I'm going because it's a friend & because the last one she went to she said it was just laughter the whole night. She said this consultant is very private; you go into another room to order & your order comes packaged so no one knows what you got. Hopefully the demo will be tasteful; though I'm sure I may learn more than I want to!:eek:

jbachen said:
If I were you I would just be completely honest with her. If she was going to host for you before she signed up, then there should be no implied arrangement that you were going to return the favor for her. Although, if you know anyone you could refer to her, that would show no hard feelings, and support of her new business venture, even though her party is not for you. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. She did agree to the show prior to starting her business. I met her from a booth so I'm not realy familiar w/her. She has a lot of children so she shouldn't be too pushy while I'm at her house. I will take a catalog if she wants to give me one, but I won't have a show.

jrstephens said:
I do not think I would be comfortable at all at this type party. As a matter of fact, I would more than likely just not go b/c I would not want to feel out of place or uncomfortable. I think some things should remain private and not be among friends! but that's just me!:D

I COMPLETELY AGREE!

Kitchen2u said:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who felt like Colleen and Becky!

I'm with you. I personally don't care for those types of parties, but I have heard from friends that they are a lot of fun. My husband asked me once why I never went and I told him I wouldn't need him if I went to one of those parties, and he hasn't pushed me to go to one since. :) LOL

I just feel uncomfortable around stuff like that. I don't mind the chocolate body paint, and flavored massage oils, but that's between me and my hubby-

well, unless I mention to Carolyn that she needs the body paint- but that's different. :angel:

I actually HAD one of these parties...but that was probably 15 years ago! I was young and naive then. It was fun then...but I think I would be more embarrased now. At this stage in my life, I don't think I would attend one, even if I was invited. Thankfully, I don't "need" anything they sell! :blushing: :eek:

A past host of mine was a consultant for a company like this and had a very successful business but her hubby was a teacher at a catholic school and was a bit embarased by her business.

I went to parties like this when I was younger but it was more lingere. Now I have no need of these products. I am a very fortunate woman to have such a Loveable hubby....

I love these parties. I've hosted 2 in the past 6 months. As with any party it all comes down to those who are there to make it fun. Always have to have one person that is willing to share more than you'd probably want to know (hey, they make interesting storytellers. Also take you off the hook for feeling obligated to revealing your info in the bedroom) and one that has NO CLUE what any of it is. The one that innocently and seriously asked, "Whats that?" "Wheres that go?"
And its not so much that I NEED any of the products. They are for "enhancement" not replacement. Believe me, I dont need anything replaced. Theres nothing wrong with an accessory that you both can use, together, between you two, in private-meryl

Last edited:
I went to one last week and had a good time. It was Temptations something. There wasn't a lot of sharing or anything too embarrassing.

Mwalker said:
(hey, they make interesting storytellers. Also take you off the hook for feeling obligated to revealing your info in the bedroom)

Good point!

and one that has NO CLUE what any of it is. The one that innocently and seriously asked, "Whats that?" "Wheres that go?"
& this would probably be me, LOL:blushing:

Mwalker said:
I love these parties. I've hosted 2 in the past 6 months. As with any party it all comes down to those who are there to make it fun. Always have to have one person that is willing to share more than you'd probably want to know (hey, they make interesting storytellers. Also take you off the hook for feeling obligated to revealing your info in the bedroom) and one that has NO CLUE what any of it is. The one that innocently and seriously asked, "Whats that?" "Wheres that go?"
And its not so much that I NEED any of the products. They are for "enhancement" not replacement. Believe me, I dont need anything replaced. Theres nothing wrong with an accessory that you both can use, together, between you two, in private
Yup, that was me at my first one... That's a what? OH!!! And there was one person there who attends all of this consultant's shows. She was an acquaintance, but not a great friend, and I was worried that asking her about the products would be awkward, but she was really a great source of information; and I was slightly more comfortable asking her questions since I had known her more than two hours...And mwalker, I agree with you 200%. That was very well said!!

So Lacy what did you think of the party? Was it as bad as you thought it would be?

Well, actually it wasn't that bad!
It was really laid back, & informative--with a little joking in between. There was no sharing of each other's personal intimacies, so I was happy about that. It was a fun group with a lot of laughter. It was in the living room, & the ordering was done in the kitchen, so it wasn't like everyone knew what the others were ordering.
Now, to compare to PC----wow, their hostess benefits stink! She said hosts get 10% of their sales free; her example was "host a 1,000 show & get $100 for free!" I was thinking.....that's all???
A past host of mine was telling me I could do this on the side & tell people if they didn't want my cooking tools....."just come over here & look at this!" Haha, there's no way I could stand up there & talk about that stuff!

So anyway, not as bad as I expected~~I really wasn't even uncomfortable! (the consultant was really nice too)

lacychef said:
Well, actually it wasn't that bad!
It was really laid back, & informative--with a little joking in between. There was no sharing of each other's personal intimacies, so I was happy about that. It was a fun group with a lot of laughter. It was in the living room, & the ordering was done in the kitchen, so it wasn't like everyone knew what the others were ordering.
Now, to compare to PC----wow, their hostess benefits stink! She said hosts get 10% of their sales free; her example was "host a 1,000 show & get $100 for free!" I was thinking.....that's all???
A past host of mine was telling me I could do this on the side & tell people if they didn't want my cooking tools....."just come over here & look at this!" Haha, there's no way I could stand up there & talk about that stuff!

So anyway, not as bad as I expected~~I really wasn't even uncomfortable! (the consultant was really nice too)
That's cool that it worked out like this.... I've been to 2 of these shows and I didn't really like them much, because they started to be TMI! Especially considering I knew some of the husbands too.
I would be horrified if anyone knew what I ordered and I'd be horrifed to know what others ordered only because it would feel like I was being invited or they were being invited into their/my bedrooms! :yuck: NO thanks.
Now I think the products for making it funner and all that is cool but I really don't like discussing some of that stuff.... I'm all for fun, but privately with my husband... If I had to discuss anything, I'd want it with my best friend, who I could trust! And even then I don't say much!!!:blushing: And I know my hubby wouldn't appreciate it, so nahhh... I'll pass....unless I knew the consultant and knew it wouldn't get too out of control!!! And I could NEVER do that as a consultant!!! Forget that noise! PC for me... thank you very much!!!:sing:

I have been and to let you know all those benefits they give to their hosts get knocked out of what the consultant makes. I had been a consultant with passion parties before, and this BY FAR is so much more beneficial. I was very uncomfortable with those parties and love the Pampered Chef sooooooooooo much. Definitely will stay in my kitchen and not the bedroom with the gadgets, ha ha ha. : - )

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/funny-pictures-cat-is-in-drawer.jpg

I have a host who sells and she wanted me to have a show.. I told her the people that come to my shows are my Mother in law, my husbands Aunts and my mom and aunts... Not a real comfortable situation for me! LOL!
Could you imagine....... UGH!

Related to Got Invited to One of Those Parties!

1. What is a "passion party"?

A "passion party" is a type of party that focuses on products related to sexual health and wellness, typically sold through a direct sales or multi-level marketing company.

2. What can I expect at a passion party?

At a passion party, you can expect to see and learn about various products related to sexual health and wellness, such as lubricants, adult toys, and educational materials. There may also be games and activities related to the products.

3. Is it appropriate to bring a friend or partner to a passion party?

Yes, it is typically appropriate to bring a friend or partner to a passion party, as long as they are comfortable and interested in the products and atmosphere.

4. Will there be any pressure to buy products at the party?

While there may be a sales pitch or demonstration of products at the party, there should not be any pressure to buy. You are free to browse and ask questions without feeling obligated to make a purchase.

5. Can men attend a passion party?

Yes, men are welcome to attend passion parties. While the products may be geared towards women, there may also be products and information available for men. As always, it is important to be respectful and open-minded towards others at the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies