• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gluophage for Pampered ChefOS: Tara Seeks Advice

In summary, Tara took Gluophage for PCOS and it worked. She plans to take it again after she finishes breastfeeding. Metphormin is supposed to be a good option for PCOS, but Tara is waiting to take it until she is done nursing.
Tara1021
Have any of you ever taken Gluophage for PCOS? My dr. just called with test results and want me to start taking it.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks!
Tara

I've never taken it but I worked for an OB for 11 years and he frequently gave it out for PCOS. It works and you lose weight on it also-that might be the kicker to get you to ovulate. It curbs your appetite and doesn't make you crave things by keeping your insulin levels stable. I've seen many women get pregnant on it. It usually takes a couple of months to work but when it does you'll ovulate.

I was on it for a year back in 2002-3 and am now taking it again. I have PCOS and Insulin resistance. Feel free to PM me or e-mail me!

They wanted me to start on Gluophage after I whinned my son. I have PCOS too. I have not yet started because I had my DD. I plan on getting on it after I am done nursing her.

i'm ovulating, it's just that my cholesterol ratio is completely out of whack and she thinks this will help. The weight thing is really an issue. I hit a plateau after losing 60 pounds last year and haven't been able to shake it. Dr. seems to think that pcos is partially the cause of that. DH has some issues with his swimmers (just found out last week), so I'm hoping to get that resolved and get my stuff back in balance as well. Wish me luck!

Whenever I hear them referred to as swimmers I think of the Kristie Alley and John Travolta movie Look who's talking and its opening sequence... lol

hehe:p

i forgot about that movie!

When I ate paste in grade school, the teacher told my mother is was just a gluecophase I was going through.

Last edited:
KG...always good for a chuckle.

TKG... now I understand so much about you :p

KG...if only it were that simple! ;)

Oh My goodness I didnt' realize that so many of us Cheffers have PCOS ... I havent' been put on that ...... but my doc was talking about a fertlity drug.. so I dont' know.

Hey! I remember reading about PCOS Bill when I was a kid! He rode Widowmaker and married Slue-Foot Sue.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/08/Disney_Pecos_Bill.jpg

mommyhugz1978 said:
Oh My goodness I didnt' realize that so many of us Cheffers have PCOS ... I havent' been put on that ...... but my doc was talking about a fertlity drug.. so I dont' know.

From what i understand it helps your body use the insulin that you make in a productive way. It also stimulates ovulation (not an issue for me), but b/c my cholesterol count is so out of whack, she decided to try me on this. I started it today. Haven't had much of an appetite. Weight loss is a side effect! YIPPEE!!! I go back for more bloodwork in June to see what progress i've made.

Wellbuturin works good for supressing the appetite as well.....

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
When I ate paste in grade school, the teacher told my mother is was just a gluecophase I was going through.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Has anyone tried Metphormin (sp?)? I have PCOS, and have had problems for years. I was fortunate to be able to have three children, but after nursing my last one, I have had major problems. I am hoping to be put on Metphormin as I have heard that it will help me lose weight which will hopefully re-start my monthly cycles. I know that it is a drug they give to prediabetics. and many women with PCOS are also prediabetic. I go in to see my Doc. on the 19th. I've never been so excited about a dr. appt. before. I just can't wait to get something that might help.

that's generic glucophage...started on it tuesday! GOOD LUCK!
I'm pleased to say...knock on wood...that the only side effect that i've had so far is lack of appetite! No stomach upset to speak of.

Metphormin is suppose to be Awesome for PCOS. I have to wait until I am done nursing to start it. :( I did not realize so many people had PCOS.

me neither! :eek:

I'm really interested to start seeing some results, but i don't go back for bloodwork till june. however, the scale should tell something.....

There is an amazing website with tons on info on PCOS: www.pcosupport.org.
I too have had PCOS for years. What works best for me is a low/modified carb diet. As soon as I go on it, I feel GREAT, ovulate and usually become pregnant :). My DH calls the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet, the Maternity Diet! I too have taken the Met/Gluc for a while now and I have not seen a difference without watching my diet. I also have underactive thyroid disease and the modified carb diet and exercise helps that too.
Good luck to everyone. This is a frustrating disease.
Leah

Related to Gluophage for Pampered ChefOS: Tara Seeks Advice

1. What is Gluophage for Pampered ChefOS: Tara Seeks Advice?

Gluophage for Pampered ChefOS: Tara Seeks Advice is a program designed specifically for Pampered Chef consultants to manage their business and grow their sales. It provides tools for tracking orders, managing inventory, and communicating with customers.

2. How do I access Gluophage for Pampered ChefOS: Tara Seeks Advice?

You can access Gluophage for Pampered ChefOS: Tara Seeks Advice by logging into your Pampered Chef consultant account on the company's website. Once logged in, you will see the option to access the program on your dashboard.

3. Can I use Gluophage for Pampered ChefOS: Tara Seeks Advice on my mobile device?

Yes, Gluophage for Pampered ChefOS: Tara Seeks Advice is accessible on both desktop and mobile devices. You can download the app on your smartphone or tablet for easy access to your business management tools on-the-go.

4. Is there a cost to use Gluophage for Pampered ChefOS: Tara Seeks Advice?

There is no additional cost to use Gluophage for Pampered ChefOS: Tara Seeks Advice. It is included as a benefit for all Pampered Chef consultants to help them run their businesses more efficiently.

5. What kind of support is available for Gluophage for Pampered ChefOS: Tara Seeks Advice?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of support options for Gluophage for Pampered ChefOS: Tara Seeks Advice, including online tutorials, customer service assistance, and a community forum where consultants can ask questions and share tips with each other.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ajhunt2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • Tara28