• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Grade Teacher in Phoenix Joining PC: Intro, Advice & More!

well, I'm just going to skip first grade. :) It's a lot harder than it looks, and I think anyone who tells you otherwise is probably just trying to scare you into thinking you can't do it. You're definitely up for the challenge!Thanks for the input!
maestraMichelle
Hello! My name is Michelle, I'm a first grade teacher in Phoenix, and will be signing up with PC this week. My director wants to wait until Tuesday, because she wants to see if there is a signing incentive coming out. She said there usually is right after leadership (does anyone know anything about this?).

I am just starting to contact people to book my first shows- does anyone have any advice? I'm thinking of putting the host specials for Jan and Feb down on paper so that they will understand and see how much they can save. Is there anything like that out there? Or will it be in the new consultant stuff when I sign on on Tuesday? Thanks!

P.s. Any other advice will be greatly appreciated!

After you sign up, you will have access to Consultant's Corner that has flyers for all the monthly host specials that have been announced (January and February right now). You can start there. As for recruiting promotions, I think there was one announced but don't remember what or when it starts. Good luck!

Thanks! I'm really excited, and my director did tell me what the host specials are, so that I can entice people to want to schedule now!

Congrats on signing! :D

I used to teach (taught for 8 years), but resigned to be a SAHM to my now almost 11 month old DD. I used to teach first! Aren't they the best? And isn't that the hardest grade?? :) No one believes me, but if you think about what they know coming to you and what they know leaving, it is quite amazing! :)

In the flyers section of the site there is tons of info! I also suggest a grand opening show - to get yourself some practice and to get a few bookings...

You will find this site is a fountain of great information...good luck with your busy schedule finding time to read it all (I know how busy teachers are). :)

Welcome to the family (a bit early). If you do a search here for January and February specials in the flyers section, you may find flyers you can use by simply editing and printing.

If you sign up in January or February and qualify within your first 30 days, you get to choose any 3 pieces of forged cutlery!!!

ChefJoyJ said:
Congrats on signing! :D

I used to teach (taught for 8 years), but resigned to be a SAHM to my now almost 11 month old DD. I used to teach first! Aren't they the best? And isn't that the hardest grade?? :) No one believes me, but if you think about what they know coming to you and what they know leaving, it is quite amazing! :)

In the flyers section of the site there is tons of info! I also suggest a grand opening show - to get yourself some practice and to get a few bookings...

You will find this site is a fountain of great information...good luck with your busy schedule finding time to read it all (I know how busy teachers are). :)

I actually taught kindergarten the last four years- I have been out of first for a while. But first is harder than kindergarten- the academic expectations are so high!

I have two children myself- 5 and 3 year old girls. We want more- I'm finishing my master's degree, and have one more class to go after this one. I'm doing it online, so it's pretty easy. But it is my dream to be able to stay home.....so that's why I'm wanting to start with PC. Hopefully, if I can knock down enough bills and get my business going, then I will be able to do it!

Thanks so much for the support!

maestraMichelle said:
I actually taught kindergarten the last four years- I have been out of first for a while. But first is harder than kindergarten- the academic expectations are so high!

I have two children myself- 5 and 3 year old girls. We want more- I'm finishing my master's degree, and have one more class to go after this one. I'm doing it online, so it's pretty easy. But it is my dream to be able to stay home.....so that's why I'm wanting to start with PC. Hopefully, if I can knock down enough bills and get my business going, then I will be able to do it!

Thanks so much for the support!

I taught K too, for one year. You're right - the academic expectations are so much higher now. It used to crack me up when people would say - what do you do all day? Letter people, color/cut/glue? :eek: I would reply with whatever we were working on, it usually surprised them what we were doing. It's amazing - they come in babies, but leave big kids, fluent readers, and ready to take on second grade by storm! :D

My goal is to be able to stay home until my DD (and my second, which hasn't come along yet) both enter school. My dream? To be a SAHM for ever :)D) or as long as possible - I would love not to go back at all! As much as I loved teaching, I love being home with my DD, and when in school, want to volunteer as much as I can and be involved in her school life too. As a former teacher, I know how important parent involvement can be. :)

We educators can do it? We're used to peforming all day long, so doing shows (once comfortable with the products and knowledge) should be a piece of cake, right? :p

Michelle, welcome to the family. I teach fourth grade full-time. Get firm dates with your friends now or catalog shows lined up. When you sign, if your director has a starter kit on hand (paper work box), get this, so you don't have to wait to give host packets out. Start reading your folder in the starter kit as soon as you get it. It has great information.

Welcome!Watch the DVD in your kit a few times to let it sink it. And take all of the online courses. Good habits from the start will definitely insure your success! Good luck!

Welcome, Michelle!

Get as many shows as you can (and feel comfortable doing) booked in a short period. It's better to get a fast start than a slow one. And then you can take advantage of the great promotions and incentives the company has for us at this time of year. Ask your recruiter/Director when you have questions - they're here to help you (as are we). Take the training - it will make a HUGE difference in your business. And don't be afraid to share the opportunity just because you're new. Sometimes having a buddy who's learning alongside you helps.

overbookif at all possible..... OVERBOOK. I was shocked my first 3m how many people will cancel at a drop of a hat. I do a lot of host coaching. and small reminder mailings leading up to a show and still have 1-2 cancel each month.

Think of it as overinviting. You know if your host sends out 40 invites only about 1/3 to 1/2 of them will show up. Same with us.

I too taught. Hubby and I waited 8 years to have kids. After polling my low math 7 classes ad then my advanced Pre-alg classes the biggest differance in lifestyle was..... someone was home with them when they were small.

We are blessed and I know not everyone can swing it $ wise but. With the PC and my tuttoring we are making it work. But I must say it is harder than teaching. 1. there was a reason I taught middle school... I mesh better with them than little ones.
2. At least I knew when I could go Pee by my self!
but it is so worh it. I to want to be a SAHM but only my biz will let me do it so I must overbook to make it work!

Hi Michelle!
I'm a kindergarten teacher (but private school...so my average mid-year kinders are reading at a level 4 :eek: ) and a new consultant, too. And I'll be in Glendale in March. How's that for coincidence? :)

I don't have much advice, but can tell you that I'm having a blast! Oh, and get the Deep Covered Baker. It's seriously amazing. :)

Jill

Thanks all for the encouragement! My mother has lined up a Feb catalog show- she wants the two items at 60% off! My sister in law wants to host a party, but said she would tell me the dates in a day or two, she's getting induced Febr 4, so she is deciding if she should have it before, or just after the baby is born so more people will come! She was living with my inlaws, and just moved back out on her own, but lost a lot of her kitchen stuff, and she loves pampered chef!I sent out an email to all my friends, and did get a "send me a catalog" response from my aunt. I still haven't heard from a few of them, but sure I will in a few days. I'm trying to get at least 4 scheduled to start!

calisweetheart03 said:
Hi Michelle!
I'm a kindergarten teacher (but private school...so my average mid-year kinders are reading at a level 4 :eek: ) and a new consultant, too. And I'll be in Glendale in March. How's that for coincidence? :)

I don't have much advice, but can tell you that I'm having a blast! Oh, and get the Deep Covered Baker. It's seriously amazing. :)

Jill

Oh, I was telling my mom about it. When you cook the chicken in the microwave, does it brown the chicken? My dad has already had a heart attack, so they eat a lot of chicken, and my mom is always looking for new ways to make it.

It doesn't brown it, but it's very tender & juicy. I'm a fan. :) I also like pork ribs and turkey chili, both in the microwave and both delish!

maestraMichelle said:
Oh, I was telling my mom about it. When you cook the chicken in the microwave, does it brown the chicken? My dad has already had a heart attack, so they eat a lot of chicken, and my mom is always looking for new ways to make it.

Use the spice blend recipe that is in the SB cookbook - it comes out with a nicely colored skin that way - looks roasted. sometimes, I add BBQ rub to the seasoning too.

Thanks for all of the replies everyone!

I talked to my director on Tuesday evening, and I only had one show scheduled and was waiting on a few calls. She really wants me to get the forged cutlery, so she told me to wait until closer to my first show to sign up, which is going to be on Feb 2, but it's going to be a catty show (for my mom- she says no one will come if she has a party). Then I will have my first cooking show in Feb 9, since one of my friends called back. And my sister in law booked Feb 16, so now I'm just trying to get someone to take Feb 23! Oh, and my husband's aunt wants to do a catty show in March, so she told me to get back with her then. And I'm still waiting on a email back from a friend to see if she's interested in a Feb show.......I'm just a little excited, can you tell? :blushing: But everyone is loving the Feb host special, so between that and my excitement, I'm definitely contagious!

It IS exciting, isn't it?? Just wait til you get the PC Dollars deposited and get to spend them. It's WONDERFUL! :)

Related to First Grade Teacher in Phoenix Joining PC: Intro, Advice & More!

What is Pampered Chef and what products do they offer?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and accessories. They specialize in products that make cooking and food preparation easier and more efficient.

How do I become a consultant for Pampered Chef?

To become a consultant for Pampered Chef, you can reach out to a current consultant or visit their website to find a consultant in your area. They will guide you through the process of joining and starting your own business. You can also sign up online through their website.

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to earn free products and discounts. As a host, you can also receive special host-only offers and rewards. It's also a fun way to gather friends and family and learn new recipes and cooking tips.

How can I purchase Pampered Chef products?

You can purchase Pampered Chef products through a consultant or through their website. You can also attend a cooking show or party to see and try out the products before purchasing.

What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef offers a satisfaction guarantee for all their products. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. For more information, contact your consultant or visit their website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• soimpatient
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • melaniepc
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
peichef
  • lsm72