• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Entire Order Held Because of Backorder?

In summary, the host ordered the Salad spinner and it's on backorder. The host tried to get the order delivered on a different day, but was unsuccessful. The order is being shipped to the customer.
susanr613
Gold Member
I just got off the phone with HO, trying to track down a very large order. They told me that the order (probably 7-8 cartons) are being held because the host ordered the Salad spinner and it's on backorder.

I explained that several people had placed orders for Mothers Day, so could they shi the cartons and follow up with the spinner later. She said she'd talk with a supervisor and get back to me.

This does not make sense to me. Is this customary practice?

Thanks!

That is weird - I would call back and speak to another HO rep - I never heard of an entire order held for a backorder - maybe there is a credit card hold up - call back!!

My most recent host just had all but the Grill Baskets ship in a timely manner and a couple of them have shipped already. That can't possibly be right about them holding the entire shipment. I don't think that would be the policy of any company.
Jessica

I do know that my director had a show on hold for over a week, and when she realized it, and called - they told her there was no reason for it to have been on hold and released it for shipment....that was odd. I would definitely call back and speak to a supervisor!

My most recent show was the grill basket backorder. I submitted the order adn the bulk order came and the grill basket came two weeks later. I hope you get it figured out.

I have never had an entire order held for back ordered items. I would call back.

entire show orders are never held for backordered items. I'd call back and get it released.

they called me back...some sort of timing thing with delivery of the salad spinner. so i called back to escalate and while i was on hold, the host called. she is going out of town thurs and fri! So, now i'm working with HO to get the order delivered either weds or sat.

oy!

Good Luck. My shows with items on backorder have been shipped and the grill baskets and spinners are shipped seperately.

the saga continues...the supervisor called me to let me know the delay was not from the spinner, but just that they are now getting to 4/30 orders. she and i are problem-solving to get the order NOT delivered on thurs or fri, when the host will be out of town.

thanks everyone for alerting me that the orginal reasoning was not valid :)

susanr613 said:
the saga continues...the supervisor called me to let me know the delay was not from the spinner, but just that they are now getting to 4/30 orders. she and i are problem-solving to get the order NOT delivered on thurs or fri, when the host will be out of town.

thanks everyone for alerting me that the orginal reasoning was not valid :)
Can they just ship it to you? Would that work for you location-to-your-host wise?

that would be too easy!
sfdavis918 said:
Can they just ship it to you? Would that work for you location-to-your-host wise?

I suggested that - it all depends on where we are in the pick/pack/load/handoff to FedEx cycle. Unfortunately, the host lives about an hour away...and I have a very small car. Worse comes to worst, they will reroute the shipment to me and the host will probably have to drive here so we can pack both cars with boxes.

We shall see....

Does she have a neighbor or friend who will receive it for her?

nope, already tried that with her. she's in lagrange, deb, and i'm near schaumburg

Good luck. Its so odd, I have a show submitted May 1st, and I submitted a supply order yesterday, and the supply shipped today! Argh! I'd rather my customers get their stuff first than mine ship out!

Could one of your clustermates accept it for you? Anyone live near LaGrange?

Funny - I got an email that my show which was submitted on the 29th shipped and that the grill basket and salad spinners were on back order - Scheduled fedex delivery is tommorrow - I sold 2 spinners plus the hosts, and 3 grill baskets....Maybe because you are closer then me??

issue resolved - HO got the cartons out to fed ex this afternoon and they will be delivered tomorrow.

as always, thank you for your attention, advice and suggestions!!

Yay for the warehouse!

Yay for the warehouse, again!

I guess they've stopped holding orders for the grill baskets & salad spinners, beacuse my last order is shipping....and that's what most people ordered.

Related to Entire Order Held Because of Backorder?

1. Why is my entire order on hold because of a backorder?

When an item on your order is out of stock, it can cause a delay in shipping for your entire order. This is because we ship all items together to save on shipping costs and reduce our carbon footprint.

2. How will I know when my backordered item is back in stock?

You will receive an email notification as soon as the backordered item is back in stock and ready to ship. You can also check the status of your order on our website by logging into your account.

3. Can I cancel my backordered item and still receive the rest of my order?

Yes, you can cancel the backordered item and still receive the rest of your order. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with canceling the backorder and adjusting your order total.

4. How long will my backorder take to ship?

The estimated shipping time for backordered items varies depending on the item and supplier. You can find the estimated shipping time for your specific backordered item on our website or by contacting our customer service team.

5. Will I be charged for my backordered item right away?

No, you will not be charged for the backordered item until it is back in stock and ready to ship. Your credit card will only be charged for the items that are currently in stock and ready to be shipped.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcjenkunkel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • vanscootin
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • babywings76