• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Give up on Hosts You Think Are Being "Flaky"!

In summary, the conversation is about not giving up on potential hosts, even if they repeatedly reschedule or put off hosting a show. The group discusses their experiences with hosts who have expressed interest but have not followed through, and offer tips on how to keep them engaged and interested in hosting. They also discuss the upcoming sale and new products, and how to use them to generate excitement and interest in hosting a show. The conversation ends with a humorous comment about needing some wine while trying to find new hosts outside of their family and friends.
lacychef
So, my new motto is: if they say they are interested in hosting a show, DON'T give up on them!
I had a gal that booked off a show last June; said she wanted to host after her wedding. Well, it never worked out & last month I kinda gave up on her. She receives my monthly newsletter though & after I sent it this month, she emailed me saying she wanted to have a show this month! She also said "my house will fit about 6, so I think if I invite 20 that will be enough". So I kept telling her how you need to invite 40....and she gave me a list of 36:) Her show's next week....
And, another gal booked off a July show. She actually had a date set for Sept; didn't work out. Tried again for Oct...still didn't work out. So, I remembered she really wanted Stoneware on sale, so I called her last night just to let her know it's on sale again. So, she booked a Feb show:) She seems more excited this time, so we'll see what happens!
Just don't give up!! If they SAY they're interested in hosting, but keep rescheduling or whatever; just keep in contact. Life does happen sometimes!

Good to hear Lacy - I, too, have those hosts who want to book but somehow never get around to it. I keep contacting them so hopefully I will get through eventually. I've had people who had really legit excuses - two have parents with cancer - one is going through a divorce and needs to get a new job - so I think eventually it will work out - I will keep sending my newsletter and calling from time to time. In the meantime, I'll just work on getting new people interested!

Only two months in, and I'm already learning this. I have a host that is a teacher that I work with. She keeps putting it off and rescheduling. I know that she has been eyeing the Ultimate Mandoline, so I can't wait to let her know about the March host specials. :) Maybe that will get her excited and finally settle on something! ;)

Well. I really hope this one works for me too lacy. :D I have had a few people say, not right now. And then haven't heard from them since. Maybe they will need some more stoneware. :D Or want to be the first with NEW products :D

I wish I could just find that one person that I send my monthly newsletters to to spark an interest. Sometimes I just want to add to my NL....just tell me what it will take to get you to host a show! People will line up for 4 days in the cold weather to save a few bucks at Walmart at Christmas, but I can't seem to get anybody interested in getting things for FREE.

Okay, I need some cheese with my Whine now.
Valky

yummy4tummy said:
I wish I could just find that one person that I send my monthly newsletters to to spark an interest. Sometimes I just want to add to my NL....just tell me what it will take to get you to host a show! People will line up for 4 days in the cold weather to save a few bucks at Walmart at Christmas, but I can't seem to get anybody interested in getting things for FREE.

Okay, I need some cheese with my Whine now.
Valky

LOL. Yeah no kidding. I am really really hoping to branch out away from my family and friends already. I have "dried" them out until the new products come.. :/ UGH. :D

SillyChef said:
Well. I really hope this one works for me too lacy. :D I have had a few people say, not right now. And then haven't heard from them since. Maybe they will need some more stoneware. :D Or want to be the first with NEW products :D

That's exactly what you should start telling people. Look back at those that have bought stoneware; tell them you just wanted them to know about the sale. Others, tell them you want them to be one of your first hosts to see all the exciting new products in March! And don't give much away about the new products now, build that excitement that they need to host a show to see them;)

Related to Don't Give up on Hosts You Think Are Being "Flaky"!

What should I do if a host seems to be avoiding setting a date for their party?

If a host is being flaky and not setting a date for their party, it's important to first reach out and communicate with them. Ask if they are still interested in hosting a party and try to understand any reasons for their hesitation. Offer to help them choose a date and make planning the party easier for them.

What if a host cancels their party at the last minute?

Cancellations can be frustrating, but it's important to stay positive and understanding. Reach out to the host and ask if there is anything you can do to help or reschedule the party for a later date. It's also a good idea to have a backup plan in case of cancellations, such as offering to do a virtual party instead.

How do I handle a host who isn't responding to my messages or calls?

If a host is not responding to your attempts to communicate, try reaching out through different channels such as email or social media. If you still don't get a response, it may be best to move on and focus on other potential hosts. Remember to always remain polite and professional in your interactions.

What if a host seems disinterested in their party?

If a host doesn't seem excited about their party, try to get them more involved by asking for their input on planning and inviting their friends. You can also offer incentives or rewards for hosting a successful party. If the host is still disinterested, it may be best to focus on other potential hosts.

How can I prevent flaky hosts in the future?

Unfortunately, there will always be some hosts who are flaky or unreliable. To prevent this in the future, make sure to have open communication with potential hosts and set clear expectations for the party. Follow up with hosts regularly and be prepared to offer support and assistance throughout the planning process. Additionally, consider offering incentives or rewards for successful parties to keep hosts motivated and committed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • ashleypc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ashleypc
  • Suzyengl