• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Top Anti-Virus Programs for Free: Save on Renewal Costs!

Anti-virus software: does anyone know of some good programs that I can download instead of paying to renew the one I have now?Some people recommend using the free AVG software. Others recommend the paid programs Spybot Search & Destroy and Lavasoft Ad-Aware. Windows firewall should also be turned on.
chefkristin
Gold Member
Does anyone know of some good Anti-Virus programs that I can download instead of paying to renew the one I have now? :confused:

This is what I use...

http://www.grisoft.com/doc/download-free-anti-virus/us/mcr2/0

I would totally agree with Colleen that is what I use and my brother installed it for me and he is our computer guy since he has a degree in computer repair. I figure if it is good enough for him then it is great for me.

My internet provider offers free anti-virus and firewall protection. I have Comcast.

Do'h! That somehow posted twice. Sorry.

finley1991 said:
This is what I use...

This is what I use as well. I am VERY happy with it, but I ended up buying the full version of it. It was very cheap and it will cover all three of my computers. I have never had a virus on it since!!!

I think AVG is the best!

PamperedChefDebi said:
Well, that was interesting...I typed www . cnet . com.

I have had this happen all the time here lateyl. I assume it is something in an update Greg has done for the site.

finley1991 said:
This is what I use...

I use this too. I have a good friend who is very 'techie'....he builds computers and networks and he uses it too.

My husband is tech support for a major computer company and will only use and recommend AVG. It is the only one he will trust on all our computers.

I use AVG as well - I'm very happy with it.

Those are good programs. 2 other free programs that you should download and run once in awhile are: Spybot search & Destroy and Lavasoft Ad-Aware. Please use the links in my message, esp after we learned yesterday how a lot of online "companies" will charge you for a free product!!

I download AVG at work and will be doing it on my home computer too.

It has already found one virus and healed it at work.

My hubby and I (both can be classified as techies - him more so than me!) use AVG. It is the best program out there without paying. I wouldn't trust much else unless it was other "name brands".

On Ad-aware, I like to use it occasionally, but if you behave and don't go everywhere you won't have issues. If you have McAfee though, Ad-aware is considered a virus program to it and you will have issues. Norton also has issues with some of those too...

Turn on your windows firewall, use AVG and you should do pretty well.

Related to Discover Top Anti-Virus Programs for Free: Save on Renewal Costs!

1. How do I know which anti-virus program is the best for my needs?

Choosing the right anti-virus program depends on your specific needs and the features offered by different programs. It's important to consider factors such as virus detection rates, ease of use, customer support, and pricing. Research and compare different programs to find the one that best fits your needs.

2. Are free anti-virus programs as effective as paid ones?

While paid anti-virus programs may offer additional features and customer support, many free programs have high detection rates and provide sufficient protection for most users. It's important to regularly update and run scans with any anti-virus program, regardless of whether it is free or paid.

3. Can I switch to a free anti-virus program if I already have a paid subscription?

Yes, you can switch to a free anti-virus program at any time. However, it's important to make sure your current subscription has expired before installing a new program to avoid any overlap and unnecessary costs.

4. Will I lose any features if I switch from a paid to a free anti-virus program?

Some paid programs may offer additional features such as identity theft protection or online backup, which may not be included in free programs. However, the core anti-virus protection should remain the same regardless of whether you use a free or paid program.

5. How often should I update my anti-virus program?

It's recommended to update your anti-virus program at least once a week. This will ensure that your program has the latest virus definitions and can effectively detect and remove any new threats. You should also run a full scan of your computer at least once a month to catch any potential viruses that may have slipped through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchefjane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • chefann