• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover 2008 HWC Products for Charitable Giving on Consultant's Corner

In summary, if anyone is interested in the 2008 HWC products PDF is up on Consultant's Corner under the Charitable Giving link! Some cute stuff is included, like a calendar with photos of the HWC hosts and guests!
frozenchef
Gold Member
If anyone is interested the 2008 HWC products PDF is up on Consultant's Corner under the Charitable Giving link! Some cute stuff...:thumbup:

Thanks for sharing! So I guess we know ahead of time what the host/guest specials will be for May!:)

Where did you find this??? I was just looking and can't find it.

on CC Promoting Your Business tab on top then About out charitable giving programs, then when that pulls up, click on 2008 info.

thanks ladies :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I LOVE belonging to this group! You all are AWESOME!!! :love:

I always start to take PRE orders on the HWC products . anyone have a flyer they are puting together Please post . I'm not good at that
Huge thanks

This is a simple one I am working on.

Attachments

• HWC Order Form.doc
    111.5 KB · Views: 900
I want to call my team leaders from last year and get them started early.

What I did was challange them to sell at least 10 of each product. If they couldn't do that I told them that who every had the most orders won the pink bowl set.

I had 5 team members. I can't remember how it went but I know I sold over 40 products. I'll shoot for 100 this year.

Thanks so much for the order form this will really help to get pre oders and bookings early

How early are you planning on collecting pre-orders?

This will be our first year of the HWC promotion. How do you find groups to contact to get the parties or fundraisers scheduled. Can they purchase the products & get the $1 per product plus receive the reular fundraiser money. Does the $1 per profuct go to the National group or can it go to a local group? Any advice & info you all can provide will be great! Thanks as always!

PamperedChefDude said:
This will be our first year of the HWC promotion. How do you find groups to contact to get the parties or fundraisers scheduled. Can they purchase the products & get the $1 per product plus receive the reular fundraiser money. Does the $1 per profuct go to the National group or can it go to a local group? Any advice & info you all can provide will be great! Thanks as always!
The HWC products benefit the American Cancer Society (or Canadian, as the case may be). HWC fundraisers that are specified as such also benefit the ACS. There is no funds distribution to chairpersons from these events. If you are having a fundraiser for a cancer group during HWC month, then their guests can purchase the HWC items, but the $1 from each goes to ACS, not their fundraiser. Only standard fundraiser percentages apply in that case.
Clear as mud?

ChefMoore said:
How early are you planning on collecting pre-orders?

My director says that she offers them as preorders in March. Check with your hosts first as this won't count as their show totals, most are okay with that I found last year. She usually tells the guests she'll deliver all the products to the host so she doesn't have to make individual deliveries. Then May 1st, she puts in a fundraiser. One year she said she sold over 250 HWC products this way.

Order FormAwesome order form! I also own my own graphic design business, but I am way to busy to make stuff for myself - what a help this was!

What year were the pink Quick-Stir Pitchers available? Was that a HWC product or just coincidentally pink? I just won one on eBay...can't wait for it to arrive so I can use it as a conversation starter to get HWC shows booked for May. I'm already booked through March so I have to have some sort of interest in the spring months...

The pitchers were available in 2005 or 2006. They were the HWC product that year (or at least one). The Family-Size version was a host item.

chefann said:
The pitchers were available in 2005 or 2006. They were the HWC product that year (or at least one). The Family-Size version was a host item.

I love that one!! It's a great conversation starter!!

ChefMoore said:

I would LOVE to use this sample. BUT, my I'm a little computer illiterate. How should I makes the columns a little skinnier so it will fit on one page?

You should be able to just click and drag them over to make them skinnier. On my computer, mine fit all on one page though.

Okay, this may sound dumb, but it's barely 7 and I have no caffeine in me. :eek: I had a guest at a show in November express interest in the HWC. She could host an HWC fundraiser, even though she is not related to the ACS at all, right? She's not looking for host benefits, she just wants to raise money (she works at a breast care center). How do you do the HWC fundraisers, aside from the RFL? TIA!

I'd like to raise a lot of money with this, it's a cause I hold close to my heart.

The official HWC fundraiser is not affiliated with RFL. It's like a regular fundraiser, but HO gives a higher percentage than normal and the money is sent straight to the ACS from HO - the host never handles a check. Those FRs are available only in May.

Ok here is my question.

I have a gal who is walking in a breast cancer awareness fundraiser later this year. She pledged to raise a certain amount of money before the walk to be donated directly to the cancer organization. I can't remember if it is Susan G Komen Foundation or American Cancer Assoc. IDK...

We have been talking about maybe doing a Pampered Chef HWC fundraiser. I am fairly new to PC and I don't know all the ins and outs of the HWC and the fundraisers. Can someone explain this to me, and tell me if something like this would work with her fundraising pledge? I know the money cannot go directly to her, that is has to go to an organization....but what else am I missing? If we can do this, I need to let her know, and I am sure it will be a success.

YES! My sister walked in the Susan G. Komen last year and had a fundraiser. The check was made out to the organization. Just be sure it's listed how the organization wants the checks. It is SENT to the host and then they submit it like they would their other donations. They can do this ANY month, but in May it's special b/c of the pink stuff.

chefann said:
The HWC products benefit the American Cancer Society (or Canadian, as the case may be). HWC fundraisers that are specified as such also benefit the ACS. There is no funds distribution to chairpersons from these events. If you are having a fundraiser for a cancer group during HWC month, then their guests can purchase the HWC items, but the $1 from each goes to ACS, not their fundraiser. Only standard fundraiser percentages apply in that case.
Clear as mud?

So lets see if I got this right....:D
Say someone wants to do a fundraiser in May.... And the proceeds are going to the Susan G. Komen Foundation....

For each HWC item purchased the $1 is going to ACS... NOT the Susan G. Komen Foundation. BUT since it IS a fundraiser...the usual fundraiser percentage (10%-15% donation) WILL go to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

So my chairperson from the fundraiser would know that $1 from each HWC item is going to ACS for cancer research + whatever she gets for a % of donation will go to her "cause" :eek:

Correct??

That's right, Elizabeth.The Komen Foundation won't benefit directly from the HWC products EXCEPT that people supporting that fundraiser are likely to be the kind of people who buy pink products - in multiples. That will help raise the total guest sales, boosting how much they get from the 10 or 15%. And the ACS still gets the $1 from each - so it's still a win/win.

I would love to hear from people who have had successful fr's for RFL teams. There are a few teams here in town and I would love to work with them.

chefann said:
That's right, Elizabeth.

The Komen Foundation won't benefit directly from the HWC products EXCEPT that people supporting that fundraiser are likely to be the kind of people who buy pink products - in multiples. That will help raise the total guest sales, boosting how much they get from the 10 or 15%. And the ACS still gets the $1 from each - so it's still a win/win.

Wow my friend is REALLY going to want to do a fundraiser in may now!!:love:

I have done three fundraisers for my RFL team - as a host (before I was a consultant - matter of fact, that's how I became a consultant!). Each fundraiser hit the $600 mark to get us 15% instead of 10%. The second one even went over $1000 - I thought that was a big deal, until I hear about ladies in my hospitality cluster getting fundraisers to be $7000 and $8000 - yes, that's right, 3 zeroes there! I have an RFL fundraiser scheduled for Valentine's Day (for a rival RFL team) and I really hope (and believe) it will hit $1000 at least. Those realtors like to shell out the big bucks.... ;)

Aimee & Other RFLer's,

We definitely want to go full gusto on these fundraisers this year. I know we have 2 teams at my office & already contacted them. They're a go for May. But how can I find out contact info for other RFL teams in the area. I would like to contact all of them & offer them the fundraiser opportunity with the Special Pink Items as the bonus. Any help or guidance would be great.

Thanks!

Contact the local committee chairperson and see if they will give you contact info. Or maybe attend a committee or team captain meeting - most RFLs are getting into full swing right now and need a jump start to their fundraising.

How much commission do consultants make doing fundraisers? Is it the same as a show or is it less?

JoLynn

jbarnhill said:
How much commission do consultants make doing fundraisers? Is it the same as a show or is it less?

JoLynn

If you haven't hit $15,000, you earn 15%. After the 15k mark, you earn 17%.

Okay so to make sure i have this correct. The consultant makes 15% if they haven't reached the $15,000 mark and then the organization make 15% if the fundraiser is over $600 I think I read somewhere?

JoLynn

Ok, I'm a visual person and I'm still having trouble understanding how to run a SUCCESSFUL F.R.. :confused:

Can anyone please share, step by step, how to succeed w/ F.R. and HWC F.R. ?
TIA

To find a Relay:Go to RelayForLife.org | Celebrate. Remember. Fight Back!Hit "find an event" and enter your zip code.You will see a contact page. Call the STAFF PARTNER at the ACS.Find out when the meetings are and make your pitch.I am offering my Relay collegues a bonus ... if they hold a show and help me earn the HWC products, I will PERSONALLY make a donation from my commission to their team ... or mine if it's not a fund-raiser. If it is a fund-raiser, so much the better.

Did you see on CC that this year PC is donating up to 25% on fundraisers???!!????!!!! :eek: That is soooooo HUGE!!!!!! :sing:

c00p said:
Did you see on CC that this year PC is donating up to 25% on fundraisers???!!????!!!! :eek: That is soooooo HUGE!!!!!! :sing:

This is just for HWC fundraisers. Just wanted to make sure everyone knows this so they tell someone else they get 25%!:)

And yep, they did this last year too...it was great!!

Oops - I forgot to clarify that it was just HWC fundraisers....and I totally forgot that they "upped" this last year too! Oh well, I'm always a day late and a dollar short!! :)

Just to be CRYSTAL CLEAR ... If my team wants to to an HWC fundraiser, then it won't count for their team total, right?I think some of my relay teams will want to do it as a regular fundraiser, just so their team gets the credit.

That's correct, Di.HWC fundraisers do not count toward team totals for RFL (or anything else). The checks go directly to the ACS from HO.If your Relay teams are trying to raise money to participate in their event, they'll absolutely want to have a regular fundraiser so they can get the money. If you do it in May, their customers will be able to purchase the pink products, because those are the guest special that month.

Ok, the items for HWC, are they available to anyone? Or it has to be through a Fundraiser?
Just a little confused on this.

TIA for responses.

The items are available to anyone. They're the guest specials for the month. For each and every one purchased, HO will donate $1 to the American Cancer Society (or Canadian, in Canada). HWC fundraisers are fundraisers with ACS as the beneficiary. They have a higher donation percentage, and HO sends the funds all at once straight from corporate.

and these are the guest specials for the month of May only correct?

That's correct! The host bonus for May is the pink bowl trio or SA rectangle platter with woven selections tray, host's choice. This is the 8th year for HWC. Many customers look forward to it, knowing that it's the only month they can get the pink stuff.

ChefMoore said:
Anyone know what the price is going to be for the Host pink trio bowl?

$7.60, or something around that.

heat123 said:
It's really cute. My SED had it on display the other day. It's a lot smaller than I envisioned it would be though.

heat123 said:

$7.80 (60% off regular price of $19.50) per product fact sheet.

chefann said:
$7.60, or something around that.

You were very close, Ann!

jbarnhill said:

JoLynn
You make 17% on the actual fundraiser sales, but commisionable sales from the FR can increase your commission rate on all other sales for that month.

For example, you have $1000 in show sales plus a $1500 fundraiser. You would make 17% on the fundraiser, but it would push your commission rate to 26% (total sales of 2500) instead of 22% for the other $1000.

<h2>What is the 2008 HWC products PDF and where can I find it?</h2><p>The 2008 HWC (Help Whip Cancer) products PDF is a catalog of Pampered Chef products that are specifically designed to support charitable giving. It can be found on the Consultant's Corner website under the Charitable Giving link.</p><h2>What types of products are included in the 2008 HWC collection?</h2><p>The 2008 HWC collection includes a variety of kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware, as well as some decorative items such as aprons and towels. All of these products are specially designed with the HWC logo and are perfect for gifts or personal use.</p><h2>Can I purchase these products for personal use or are they only for charitable giving?</h2><p>You can purchase these products for personal use, as well as for charitable giving. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of these products will go towards supporting breast cancer research and education.</p><h2>Are these products only available for a limited time?</h2><p>Yes, the 2008 HWC products are only available for a limited time. Once they are sold out, they will no longer be available for purchase. However, new HWC products are released every year, so be sure to check back for the latest collection.</p><h2>Is there a way to track how much money has been raised through the sale of these products?</h2><p>Yes, Pampered Chef keeps track of the total amount of money raised through the sale of HWC products. This information is shared on the Consultant's Corner website, as well as at Pampered Chef's annual conference.</p>

Related to Discover 2008 HWC Products for Charitable Giving on Consultant's Corner

What is the 2008 HWC products PDF and where can I find it?

The 2008 HWC (Help Whip Cancer) products PDF is a catalog of Pampered Chef products that are specifically designed to support charitable giving. It can be found on the Consultant's Corner website under the Charitable Giving link.

What types of products are included in the 2008 HWC collection?

The 2008 HWC collection includes a variety of kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware, as well as some decorative items such as aprons and towels. All of these products are specially designed with the HWC logo and are perfect for gifts or personal use.

Can I purchase these products for personal use or are they only for charitable giving?

You can purchase these products for personal use, as well as for charitable giving. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of these products will go towards supporting breast cancer research and education.

Are these products only available for a limited time?

Yes, the 2008 HWC products are only available for a limited time. Once they are sold out, they will no longer be available for purchase. However, new HWC products are released every year, so be sure to check back for the latest collection.

Is there a way to track how much money has been raised through the sale of these products?

Yes, Pampered Chef keeps track of the total amount of money raised through the sale of HWC products. This information is shared on the Consultant's Corner website, as well as at Pampered Chef's annual conference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedalaska
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedalaska
  • candi71570
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • kristina16marie