• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Top Products Fans Want Discontinued - Share Your Thoughts!

In summary, people want to see the following products discontinued: the ice cream sandwich maker, the striped SA, the medium square with cranberry accents, the hold n slice, the creative cutters set, the grilling planks, the cake testers, the serving utensils, and the parchment paper.
Mystik
Since there's a thread for what people think/want to be announced as new products I thought I'd post a thread where people can post what products they want to see discontinued.

I was looking through the book the other day and could not see much that I think will be discontinued. Obviously the avocado scraper and kitchen brush. I also think the hold an slice can go and not be missed by too many.

What products do you think will or should be discontinued?

Please Please Please - no more Tile Paper Napkins! They really are a non-item anyway!
Those Gold-designed dessert plates....couldn't even sell them when they were the host special.

I think that the striped SA will be gone soon. I don't like the new oven mit either (way too big). The heart trivet will be replaced. Maybe the creative cutters and the ice cream sandwich maker. Those are my predictions.

pamperedlinda said:
I think that the striped SA will be gone soon. I don't like the new oven mit either (way too big). The heart trivet will be replaced. Maybe the creative cutters and the ice cream sandwich maker. Those are my predictions.

The ice-cream sandwich maker! I agree!
And the Plate Art & Stencil Set......can't believe they brought it back bigger than before!

I love and sell the Hold n Slice, same with the Creative Cutters!
I second the tile napkins and the dessert plates.
What about the Oil Dipping Set? It doesn't really match anything else that we carry...

Here are 2 cents -

* Grilling Planks
* Tiles Paper Napkins
* Medium Square with Cranberry Accents
* Ice Cream Sandwich Maker

luvs2cook said:
Here are 2 cents -

* Grilling Planks
* Tiles Paper Napkins
* Medium Square with Cranberry Accents
* Ice Cream Sandwich Maker

I absolutely LOVE the medium square with cranberry accents! Wonderful at Christmastime & I like to use them as dinner plates.

I like the striped SA, but would be too upset to see them go.

I like the dessert plates, but think they are too expensive.

Outdoor plates and plastic utensils(I'm not a fan)
egg separator
basic nylon tool sets
min n masher (I'm not a fan)
Hat pad/trivet-different color
ballon whisk
egg slicer (again I'm not a fan)
creative cutters set

I only said the medium square since I haven't had anybody order them.

luvs2cook said:
I only said the medium square since I haven't had anybody order them.

They aren't a huge seller for me either, but I just love them myself!:D

I like the Medium Square with Cranberry Accent. If they discontinue those I'll buy a bunch in August. I don't have any yet, and I was just thinking I'd like to get them. I also really like the hold n slice. I haven't been selling long enough to notice what people aren't buying, but I agree that the napkins may go. What about the flexible funnels? I forget they're even in the catalog.

I want them to get rid of the new kitchen shears and go back to the old ones!!! I hate them!!!

I wish they would modify the kitchen shears to the have the spring action of the old ones with the herb stripper of the new one

I would love a heart shaped stoneware pan - I have a couple of heart
shaped on in metal

Has ANYONE sold any gilling planks? Great idea if they were not disposable. Who wants to drop $20 buck on disposable stuff

Perhaps a roasting plank that is reusable -Is there such a thing

Idon't think the dots design has been as popular as the others for the Simple additions although I think it is cute

Bring back cake testers!!!

I want Turnabouts in more colors

Hmmm - What wll be popular this fall Last fall it ws the mix n mash This spring it was the Mix n Chop What will be the big seller for this FALL

How about a nice serving untensils for things like the Trifle Bowl - All wer have are large black spoons.

Do we really need parchment paper? What is special about ours????

I would like more outstanding Pampered Pantry items

Kathytnt said:
It's chlorine free.

Kathytnt said:
I wish they would modify the kitchen shears to the have the spring action of the old ones with the herb stripper of the new one

I would love a heart shaped stoneware pan - I have a couple of heart
shaped on in metal

Has ANYONE sold any gilling planks? Great idea if they were not disposable. Who wants to drop $20 buck on disposable stuff

Perhaps a roasting plank that is reusable -Is there such a thing

Idon't think the dots design has been as popular as the others for the Simple additions although I think it is cute

Bring back cake testers!!!

I want Turnabouts in more colors

Hmmm - What wll be popular this fall Last fall it ws the mix n mash This spring it was the Mix n Chop What will be the big seller for this FALL

How about a nice serving untensils for things like the Trifle Bowl - All wer have are large black spoons.

I would like more outstanding Pampered Pantry items

I wasn't so sure about the Grilling Planks - but I've sold several of them - mostly for Fathers Day gifts. I've also priced them against other Grilling Planks, and they are comparable. Even the thick planks say that they are not reusable. I have yet to try mine....I always forget about them!

I would like to see the BBQ basting brush go away. We really don't need it any more, since we now have the basting bottle. Or, at least re-design it and make those crazy bristles silicone!!

Paula

products I could do without are:

grilling planks
plastic/outdoor silverware
plate stencils
dessert plates...they are pretty, but too expensive
small colored bowls...that green and lilac is aweful!!...and the yellow one in the entertaining set could be changed.
the kitchen towels will change
the colored Santoku and Tomato knives will change color...June sell-a-thon...have 2 parties
the colors will change
The Scoop Clip...I put my coffee into a canister, I don't need a clip. I would rather the scoop fit inside the canister.
I think the old measureing spoons will go.
I think the herb keeper will go...it is seasonal
the trivet will change
the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker could go

I would like to see egg slicer plus be revamped with stronger wires. They break too easily. I love the product and it is better than WalMart, but I think it could be better. I would also like to see the oil dipping set change to a solid color...maybe cranberry.
Not crazy about the new shears
Haven't used the funnels
LOVE the cranberry accent med squares...hate the tiles.

okay, that is my 2 cents worth.

I sell a lot of the planks and egg slicer.... may being in CA with the outdoor lifestyle and healthy focus on fruit and veggies???

Lose the paper napkins, dessert plate(way too expensive), and lift and serve.

I hope the old measuring spoons don't go. I'm not too fond of the new easy adj. ones.

I think we'll be losing the Professional cookware. I think it should stay to offer a cheaper option, but I think it is out of here (basically because I think we're getting SS cookware).

rennea said:
Outdoor plates and plastic utensils(I'm not a fan)
egg separator
basic nylon tool sets
min n masher (I'm not a fan)
Hat pad/trivet-different color
ballon whisk
egg slicer (again I'm not a fan)
creative cutters set

I've had good sales with the following:

egg separator: I haven't found anything better at trapping the egg yolk; I've always hated separating the egg by hand (yuck!)....customers generally do too.

egg slicer: It's perfect for making strawberry fans. I also talk about how great it is for slicing mushrooms, bananas, and kiwis...and admit to guests that I use mine for everything but eggs.

creative cutters: It's hard to find cutters that don't rust in the dishwasher...these are the best. I've been demo-ing the mini tortilla cups from the current SB and use the creative cutters to make shapes with the leftover tortilla pieces. You can brush tortilla stars with butter, add cinnamon-sugar, bake and garnish ice cream desserts. Do the same with tortilla apples for apple crisp garnish. You can take a strip of tortilla and cut out several chilis, brush with oil and SW seasoning, bake the strips and then have an "food network -worthy" garnish for a tex-mex or other spicy dish. "Presentation doesn't make food taste better, but it makes people think it does." :)

I agree that the dessert plates should go away. They are pretty, to be sure, but definitely expensive!

I'm also not too sure about keeping the hand soap and lotion. I really don't sell these, and it definitely will not break my heart if the suds pump disappears!!

I like the outdoor party plates, but definitely think they need to be re-designed, to make them microwaveable. To me, it was just dumb to not make them that way to start with!!

As for Simple Additions, I do like the dots as well as the striped and solid pieces, but I wouldn't be too surprised if we get something in pastel...?

Paula

Suds pump probably will stay. Arbonne reps actually recommend the use of them to make their soap last longer.

I have sold more hand soap and lotion than some other items...without EVER mentioning it at a show.

Color coated knives will change for the next season along with the towels...

The silicon floral cupcake pan may change...

I agree that the dessert plates aren't really big sellers and don't really match anything.

Paula R. Lewis said:
I would like to see the BBQ basting brush go away. We really don't need it any more, since we now have the basting bottle. Or, at least re-design it and make those crazy bristles silicone!!

Paula

Ooohhh Paula ~ I think you might be right...restyled with silicone bristles!

Ginny

I think the adj. measuring spoons will go away. I don't think i've sold a single oil dipping set or celebrate or dessert plate set. I'm betting that the prof. cookware goes away too.

I've had alot of excited interest in the ice cream sandwich maker lately.

TW just brought back their hamburger press for summer, so someone in my cluster has been selling the ice cream sandwich maker as a hamburger press as well...

HO suggested when it came out not to use it as a hamburger press because of bacteria......

I LOVE my dessert plates

Here is my 2 cents worth of suggestions!!Grilling planks-obvious reasons
Barbecue Skewer Set-I have used them but I think they can be dangerous
because even the ends get really hot, someone can get burned
Tile Napkins- That was a huge mistake on PC part if you ask me
Desser Plates- To expensive
Celebrate Plate- Don't like it
Measure Mix & Pour- Maybe they could make it leak proof and we can shake
it up vs plunging which in my opinion and experience doesn' get
everything on the bottom
Funnels- I have used them and do like them but definetly have not used
them enough to make them worth the cost.
Insulated Tote- Can be useful true but not worth the price for as little as I
have used it.
Soap and Lotion Set- Have never sold ANY!!

smarteez2 said:
Insulated Tote- Can be useful true but not worth the price for as little as I
have used it.

No way!! The Insulated Tote is WELL worth the price IMHO.

I'd like to see them discontinue
the cut & seal
the outdoor plates & utensils (which I think they will since they are offering them as a guest special) Years ago, before conference if they offered a guest special (or host) it was because they were removing it from the line and were depleting the inventory. (That was back when we didn't have a special every month & in your conference materials they would post a little picture of the new stoneware mold so if you knew to look for it you knew ahead of time what it looked like!!)
olive oil and dipping set (think that trend has passed or maybe don't sell many because its UGLY)
the spreaders!! Think I've broken all of mine tile floors and ceramic handles don't work well together
petite squares they aren't big enuff!!
spoon rest have you noticed you can replace the wire part but not the saucer (haven't looked lately but it hasn't been offered on replacement parts and I haven't broken the steel part)
silicone floral pan (I am dreaming of one with STARS)

I would like to see them restyle the egg slicer as well. I would like to see something more like the vidalia chop wizard, maybe in 2 sizes...a large one, and then an egg slicer size! With blades versus wires... I can cut quite a few things with the slicer, but the wires are a pain to clean and aren't too strong.

I have to agree with everyone about the oil dipping set, no one I know would have a use for it, and I have never sold it.

And the tile napkins are another thing that should go, PC is known for the quality and long life span on their products, so why are they selling something disposable?

Mystik said:
I have to agree with everyone about the oil dipping set, no one I know would have a use for it, and I have never sold it.

And the tile napkins are another thing that should go, PC is known for the quality and long life span on their products, so why are they selling something disposable?

I have 7 oil dipping sets this year alone!!!

Teresa Lynn said:
I'd like to see them discontinue
the cut & seal

the outdoor plates & utensils (which I think they will since they are offering them as a guest special) Years ago, before conference if they offered a guest special (or host) it was because they were removing it from the line and were depleting the inventory. (That was back when we didn't have a special every month & in your conference materials they would post a little picture of the new stoneware mold so if you knew to look for it you knew ahead of time what it looked like!!)
olive oil and dipping set (think that trend has passed or maybe don't sell many because its UGLY)
the spreaders!! Think I've broken all of mine tile floors and ceramic handles don't work well together
petite squares they aren't big enuff!!
spoon rest have you noticed you can replace the wire part but not the saucer (haven't looked lately but it hasn't been offered on replacement parts and I haven't broken the steel part)
silicone floral pan (I am dreaming of one with STARS)

The Cut n Seal!:eek:

My DS would be devastated if he didn't have his round sandwiches! I sell these all the time to moms of toddlers!

But about the Guest Special being a soon to be discontinued product - it seems it used to be that way, but I don't think so anymore.....we all thought when the wine bottle opener was the guest special that would be the end of it - and it wasn't (Though I think they could get rid of it w/o people missing it!)
Then last summer, when the ice-cream sandwich maker was the guest special, we thought for sure it would be gone - and it wasn't....another thing that they could do away with IMO!

I TOTALLY agree that the petite squares are pretty usless! Unless you want to use them to hold some tealight candles!:rolleyes:

OH NO not the Tiles Paper Napkins I'm still trying to sell them !!!

they should totally get rid of the wine bottle opener. That thing sucks.

How can you not LOVE the creative cutters! I sell a ton of them and I use them all the time! But I agree on:
napkins
stripes SA
ice cream sandwich maker
and balloon whisk

I would like to see the tool turn about in white, black and maybe stainless steel. Yes, we need more elegant serving spoons, spatulas etc. to go with our nicer items. I would love to see the deep covered baker in vanilla. I have had requests for the cake tester to come back. The planks --I never sell any. Maybe I don't understand their proper use and what they add to the flavor of the food.

I haven't personally decided on the planks yet, but here, at Chili's restaurant, I ordered their tilapia, which was actually grilled on a cedar plank, and all my husband and I both have to say is,....."YUM!!!"

I have the planks, but just haven't used them yet. But definitely plan to, real soon now!!

I think that, if you haven't tried them yet, you really can't give them an honest opinion. I mean, I wish they weren't disposable too, but that really can't be helped, I suppose.

As for selling them, well, I think that, if we try them ourselves, at home, and find them to be totally awesome, we'll no doubt find ourselves selling them just fine!! After all, think about how easy it is to sell something you feel passionate about?? I mean, I can sell Food Choppers like crazy! And I'm sure you have a favorite, too!

So, before we totally write this one off, I challenge ALL of us to try them out and see just how good (or not) they really are!! (smile)

If you have tried them, I would love to know what you prepared in them, and how it turned out, too...!!

Thanks!

Just my humble opinion here!
Paula

ChefBeckyD said:
I TOTALLY agree that the petite squares are pretty usless! Unless you want to use them to hold some tealight candles!:rolleyes:

They are not useless, actually, we use them all the time!!!

They're great for dipping sauces with stir fry, california rolls, etc....

And tonight I even used them to portion out the bacon ranch dip for the kids

Let's see..... also great for small toppings with dinner.... I have put sliced green onion in them to have for sprinkling on salads.....

Seriously! I do use them nearly every day.... along with all the other SA. I have no other dishes in my kitchen. The deal I made was that once I had 4 place settings of SA, I would get rid of all my other dishes,..... LOL Just gotta love the SA! ALL OF IT! I need to get the black triangles!!!! I wish I had gotten them while they were available on their own....:rolleyes:

I love the striped SA. Not so much with the tile SA.

Julie

Grilling planks give a nice smoked flavor to your grilled foods. They are GREAT with fish. It's the only way I can get my husband to eat fish that isn't fried with 2 pounds of batter! We haven't used the PC ones yet, but we used other ones we bought at the store all the time last year. Just haven't grilled any fish this year. I don't know if there is any way you could even make wood grilling planks that aren't disposable.

The petite squares are great for dipping oils. I don't have the oil dipping set (would love one, but don't like the style of ours), so I use the petite squares instead.

I don't think the petite squares hold enough (yes, I like the extra calories) and they are hard to fill maybe if they had a small ladle!!!

all grilling planks are disposable we LOVE them at our house and they are comparable price wise to the ones I purchase at Central Market.

soccermama said:
Seriously! I do use them nearly every day.... along with all the other SA. I have no other dishes in my kitchen. The deal I made was that once I had 4 place settings of SA, I would get rid of all my other dishes,..... LOL Just gotta love the SA! ALL OF IT! I need to get the black triangles!!!! I wish I had gotten them while they were available on their own....:rolleyes:

I had never really thought of getting enough SA to use ms my dishes! Of course, my mom just got me a new set of dishes not too long ago, so, I cnanot throw them out just yet. But this gives me a good idea for when I tire of them or to start buying up SA for when I do!

I like the petite squares--great if you eat sushi at home.

Julie

My two cents...based on sales and what I use..

grilling planks -seasonal and I have not sold any

dessert plates - pretty but too expensive and not practical

my own personal opinion...I have not been a fan of the striped SA but they don't match my colors either.

coffee clip...bring the coffee back if they keep the clip.

for me the rice cooker is one of those things that just doesn't save time and it seems so sensative

nylon tools...the new ones are just so much nicer

the 8 qt. SS bowl...maybe with fall baking coming they will keep it but it would go over better if they include it in the set.

Balloon whisk

Plate art & Stencil Set

Cake pan with checkerboard insert

Hopefully an updated main Dishes

possibly update the garlic press with a larger hopper...it seems the cloves are getting bigger all of the time!

Hooked on Fish cards

There are some I do not sell much of like the oil dipping set, however, I have a consultant that has a "Barefoot in Italy" show that she does and she sells a good deal of them.

I agree about the larger garlic press!

I also would like to see an updated Main Dishes.

Love my rice cooker. Very popular item especially for the Miracle Lava Cake. But great for rice. It may not save time--but it never boils that starchy mess over the edge and it keeps the kitchen cooler cooking in the microwave.

Julie

<h2>1. What are the top products that fans want to be discontinued?</h2><p>Many fans have expressed their desire for the avocado scraper, kitchen brush, and hold and slice to be discontinued. They feel that these products are not used frequently and can be replaced with more versatile options.</p><h2>2. Why do people want these specific products to be discontinued?</h2><p>The avocado scraper is often seen as unnecessary since most people already have a knife or spoon to remove the flesh of an avocado. The kitchen brush is also not deemed essential as it can be replaced with a regular dish brush. The hold and slice, while a convenient tool, is not used often enough to justify taking up space in the kitchen.</p><h2>3. Are there any other products that fans want to be discontinued?</h2><p>Some fans have also suggested that the manual food processor and garlic press could be discontinued. However, these tools have a dedicated fan base and are still considered useful by many customers.</p><h2>4. Will Pampered Chef actually discontinue these products?</h2><p>The decision to discontinue a product ultimately depends on its sales and popularity. While fans may express their desire for certain products to be discontinued, it is ultimately up to the company to decide if it is financially feasible to do so.</p><h2>5. What should customers do if they want a product to be discontinued?</h2><p>Customers can provide feedback directly to Pampered Chef through their website or by contacting their customer service team. They can also share their thoughts on social media or through product reviews. Ultimately, the best way to influence a company's decision is to vote with your wallet and not purchase the product if you feel it should be discontinued.</p>

1. What are the top products that fans want to be discontinued?

Many fans have expressed their desire for the avocado scraper, kitchen brush, and hold and slice to be discontinued. They feel that these products are not used frequently and can be replaced with more versatile options.

2. Why do people want these specific products to be discontinued?

The avocado scraper is often seen as unnecessary since most people already have a knife or spoon to remove the flesh of an avocado. The kitchen brush is also not deemed essential as it can be replaced with a regular dish brush. The hold and slice, while a convenient tool, is not used often enough to justify taking up space in the kitchen.

3. Are there any other products that fans want to be discontinued?

Some fans have also suggested that the manual food processor and garlic press could be discontinued. However, these tools have a dedicated fan base and are still considered useful by many customers.

4. Will Pampered Chef actually discontinue these products?

The decision to discontinue a product ultimately depends on its sales and popularity. While fans may express their desire for certain products to be discontinued, it is ultimately up to the company to decide if it is financially feasible to do so.

5. What should customers do if they want a product to be discontinued?

Customers can provide feedback directly to Pampered Chef through their website or by contacting their customer service team. They can also share their thoughts on social media or through product reviews. Ultimately, the best way to influence a company's decision is to vote with your wallet and not purchase the product if you feel it should be discontinued.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pc_jessica
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
esavvymom