• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did You Vote in the Election? Take Our Poll and Share Your Experience!

In summary, many users shared their experiences of voting in the election. Some voted early or avoided the rush, while others faced issues such as long lines and delayed ballots. One user stationed overseas was disappointed that their ballot had not yet arrived. Despite the challenges, many expressed their pride in participating in the democratic process. There was also a discussion about the order of candidates on the ballot and how it varies by state. Some users shared their strategies for avoiding getting too caught up in following the election results.

Did you vote in the 2008 General Election?

• YES

Votes: 92 81.4%
  • NO

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Going to later today

Votes: 17 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
esavvymom
Staff member
You don't have to say WHO you voted for....this is just a poll to see how many actually VOTED this election.

My DH rolled me out of bed at 7am this morning (he didn't realize I could have gone in and out much faster if I waited till all the work-folks finished voting!)....I waited for 30 minutes..thankfully INSIDE and not out in the rain,

but I did vote.

Did you?

I'm stationed overseas and our ballots still haven't arrived. Even if they came today, there's no way that we could get them mailed back to the states in time. I'm VERY disappointed!!! :cry:

Sheila said:
I'm stationed overseas and our ballots still haven't arrived. Even if they came today, there's no way that we could get them mailed back to the states in time. I'm VERY disappointed!!! :cry:

WOW!! That's terrible! (I'd be sure to let some media outlet know. But that's the devious and would-be-irrate side of me!)

My first time! I feel very citizenly.

I early voted about a week ago and I'm so glad that I did. My husband has to stand in the long line today!

There were a TON of people at our polling place. Which was nice to see, except the city clerk wasn't prepared for the lines. We have at least 2 precincts voting at each location and the lines got tangled. The city can afford to buy some "bank ropes" to keep things neat (my city has some of the highest taxes in the state), but instead it was a mess. Luckily, they had volunteers passing out the little slips so we could fill them out in line, and they had the books divided up so that one volunteer wasn't in charge of finding every voter. Plus extra booths, so more people could be filling out ballots at the same time.

I sent in my ballot a couple of weeks ago.

Shiela I would be very upset also. I would also find someone to complain to.
Also I voted last Thurs. I didnt feel like taking my kids to the voting place.

My best friend is the mayor of our city so I was there first thing this am to vote for her, even though she is so good she is running unopposed this time around. Voted for that "other" office, too, LOL.

Just got back from the polling place. The weather is gorgeous today, so I walked the half mile to and from. There were very short lines and I did not have to wait for my precinct.

Whatever the result, it was a pleasure to be able to choose from among a diversity of candidates.

Have been in to vote only waited about 15 minutes, which is a long time for our small rural polling place.

I avoided the rush and voted at 11 a.m.

Just curious ... not trying to make this political ... but which candidate was first on your ticket? McCain was listed first on mine, Obama was 5th, and in between were the green party, libertarian party and Ralph Nader, whatever he is. Bob Barr was last. I remember because I was trying to make sense of whether it was alphabetical, by party or what and if it varies from ballot to ballot or state to state ...

Di_Can_Cook said:

Just curious ... not trying to make this political ... but which candidate was first on your ticket? McCain was listed first on mine, Obama was 5th, and in between were the green party, libertarian party and Ralph Nader, whatever he is. Bob Barr was last. I remember because I was trying to make sense of whether it was alphabetical, by party or what and if it varies from ballot to ballot or state to state ...

"Krosnick said he believes the best system is in Ohio, which rotates candidates' names from precinct to precinct, so that all
candidates will be listed first in roughly an equal number of precincts. Seven states currently rotate candidates' names in some
fashion."

Yea! DH just called to say he is coming home at 3:30 so that we can go get in line before the rush hour hits! We'll drop DS off at Grandma's house on the way to vote.
DS and I are going to rent a family video for the evening. I CANNOT get sucked into watching election results, because if I do, I'll never go to bed or get to sleep(I know this from experience with past elections!:eek::rolleyes:)....and I have a busy day tomorrow ending with a show tomorrow night!:eek:

Di_Can_Cook said:

Obama was listed first on mine, then McCain, then Ralph Nader

The article link I posted gives an answer for all states.

I did vote and it slowed down by the time I got there. This morning it was lined up around the school building. I was in and out:)

I got up at 5:30 so I could be there promptly before 7:00 am to stand in line for 40 minutes. I then treated myself to a donut afterwards because I skipped breakfast to vote! :) It's about 75 today here, and was fairly pleasant as we stood outside in line!

I'm sooo angry because I woke up early to get there at 7 and our polling place doesn't open until 10am!! I'm sooo mad!

well, in my big booming town with no stoplights or food deliveries I didn't even have to wait in line at all.

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
I'm sooo angry because I woke up early to get there at 7 and our polling place doesn't open until 10am!! I'm sooo mad!

That's weird - I thought all polls had to be open 7am-7pm.:confused:

ChefBeckyD said:

7 a.m. to 8 p.m. here, but yes, that is odd...

I sent my ballot with DH to drop off at the Auditors Office. No lines for me :)

Yes, I am SOOOO mad that it said 10am outside on the marquee & and not a soul in the parking lot!! This is my FIRST year to vote for the presidential election and I want to be a model citizen!

No wait for me, but the other township that was voting in the same place had a good 20 minute wait.

I only had McCain and Obama on my ticket and McCain was first. then the state people...etc. I was in and out in about 20 minutes - my husband took 30 and he went about 45 minutes before I did. Last election there wasn't any line so it was nice to see more people out.

waited for an hour this morning... but i did vote.

I like the idea of rotating candidates.

I voted by mail... :D

took about 5 min for me. There are 1500 people registered in my small town and at 4pm today over 1100 had already voted. Normally we only have about a 20% turnout

I just got a text from one of my bosses - she had tix to the Chicago Obama rally and was on the fence on whether or not to go...she decided to go! Even if no winner is known until tomorrow, the rally is sure to be awesome.

I voted, the candidates were all mixed up on my ballot as well.My city isn't exactly small, but we had SO MANY polling places that there weren't any lines anywhere.

DH had to stand in line for over an hour and half, I was in and out in 20 mins. We vote in the sanctaury of a church, which always feels odd to me. Our voting places are open 6 am- 7 pm.

ChefBeckyD said:

ours close at 11. which is like 1am on the east coast. & by then im sure there will be some sort of projected winner.

we are all glued to the http://news.yahoo.com/election/2008/dashboard/ right now at work. not that anything exciting is happening. but it sure beats working :angel:

I'm headed to work to be bored ... can't really do a thing until the polls close ...

So - some of the voting discrepancies already being reported here in Grand Rapids....

The Obama campaign registered all the homeless people they could find - using a downtown mission as their address. Today, they had a cookout for them all, and then bussed them all to vote. (My neighbor, who is a fireman at a downtown station, witnessed this all first hand.)

There were MANY voters with discrepancies - addresses not matching up, etc...and when the Republican party tried to challenge this - they were thrown out.

So much for fairness.

When the republican party tried to challenge who/what was thrown out? The challenger or the vote?

That's why I'm not a challenger in GR! I will only do it here in my nice little conservative township. I didn't need to challenge anything.

JAE said:
When the republican party tried to challenge who/what was thrown out? The challenger or the vote?

That's why I'm not a challenger in GR! I will only do it here in my nice little conservative township. I didn't need to challenge anything.

The Republican challengers were thrown out!

All of the votes were counted.

Oh - and this also included some of the people working in the precinct giving voters their opinions of how to vote!

I"m sure your account is 100% accurate. Don't all citizens get the right to vote? So what if they needed help getting to the polls? And it was not the Obama campaign, but Obama supporters. We should say supporters of the democratic process.

So, the precinct workers were sharing their opinions with the voters? Where I was working, the workers were so strict it was almost annoying. But, I was glad we knew the rules would be followed in every situation.

JAE said:
So, the precinct workers were sharing their opinions with the voters? Where I was working, the workers were so strict it was almost annoying. But, I was glad we knew the rules would be followed in every situation.

Yep - and when the Republicans challenged it, they were thrown out.

Isn't that special?

Precinct 17 is where at least one of the problems happened. Two lawyers from GOP were kicked out. It was just on WOTV.

JAE said:
Precinct 17 is where at least one of the problems happened. Two lawyers from GOP were kicked out. It was just on WOTV.

I was just going to tell you they were just reporting in on WOOD-TV!

Related to Did You Vote in the Election? Take Our Poll and Share Your Experience!

1. How do I know if I am registered to vote?

To check if you are registered to vote, you can visit your state's election website or contact your local election office. You can also check your voter registration status online through the National Association of Secretaries of State website.

2. What do I need to bring with me to the polling place?

Most states require some form of identification to vote, such as a driver's license or government-issued ID. It's always a good idea to bring a form of identification with you when you go to vote, just in case.

3. Can I still vote if I am out of town on election day?

Yes, you can still vote if you will be out of town on election day. You can request an absentee ballot from your state's election office and vote by mail. Some states also allow early voting, which allows you to vote in person before election day.

4. What if I encounter problems or issues at the polling place?

If you encounter any issues or problems at the polling place, you can ask for assistance from a poll worker or contact your state's election office. They will be able to assist you and ensure that your vote is counted.

5. Can I share my voting experience on social media?

Yes, you can share your voting experience on social media. However, it is important to be mindful of any laws or regulations in your state regarding taking photos or videos inside the polling place. It is also important to respect the privacy of other voters and not share any information that may compromise the integrity of the election.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJeniLobdell
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • rennea
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies