• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Won't Respond/Get Products

In summary, her products have been sitting here for several weeks and she has not responded to my calls or responded if someone in her home does. I would give her a call and let her know that if you don't hear from her by x date (I would give her another 4 days) then you have to send back her order.
jenapc
I have a customer who does not return my phone calls nor will answer my call it if someone in her home does. What should I do? Her products have been sitting here for several weeks. Meh! :yuck:

Give her a call and let her know that if you don't hear from her by x date (I would give her another 4 days) then you have to send back her order. She will get the money from the products back and HO will pay to ship it (unless you have had it for more than a month).

Do you know where she lives? Maybe you can go leave it on her doorstep if she's not too far from you. Give her a call and let her know it'll be on her porch if you don't hear from her.

I also like Kate's idea. My idea would be Plan B if it were past the 30 days.

I think she lives in a gated community because the area she lives in is almost entirely gated subdivisions. I'll try and call her again in a couple of days, and let her know if she doesn't respond I'll return her products. I will hate doing that, but I guess I have to do what needs to be done.

In a situation like this, I would absolutely NOT leave the products at her home. She could claim it was never received, and where you are having such difficulties, that would not good. The idea of telling her you are returning the products is by far the best plan.

Is it paid for?
If it is, I'd put them away for her. It is a busy time for people and she may be dealing with a family crisis. Drop a card to her with your business card she may not be getting messages from who ever is answering the phone

I agree with Teresa... if she has paid for them, yes it is a hassle for you to have them in your home but really it is she who is out the money. I would send her a note that you have the products and would like to arrange for a mutually agreeable time for her to pick them up or for you to drop them off. Tell her that if she no longer wants them you can send them back and get her a refund but that you need to know by such-n-such date. If it really bugs you, pop them in a box, get delivery confirmation, and send them to her. Yes it would cost some money but if it is currently costing you mental energy then figure out what the trade off is.

I've had people who have ordered (and paid for) that have taken several weeks to get in contact with. Life comes up for people - they may not think to call you back at a convenient time - maybe they think about it at night and forget by the next morning. I doubt she is really trying to blow you off. I wouldn't send it back if she already paid for it - just hold onto the products and drop her a note and she'll contact you eventually (remember it's back to school for many or maybe she was on vacation in August)

Well, I know she has been home a few times when I called but was "busy." Her daughter would talk to her while I was on the phone. I've left messages. I'll try sending her a card/note, and call her again in a couple of days.

She has already paid for the products, but what I'm afraid of is her having her bank charge it back or whatever. I don't want problems for either of us, and this is the first customer I encountered that wasn't very interested in getting her products - despite my willingness to drop them off or meet her somewhere.

Did she order a lot? Maybe she needs to be sneaky and bring it in when DH isn't around? :angel: Because, honestly, how many of us women buy things we don't want DH to know about? :D
As far as the bank thing goes....did she pay by CC or check? If by CC, she can dispute it by claiming she never received the products. If it was by check, it has already cleared and she can't do anything about it once the check has cleared. Hope that puts your mind at ease a little! Good luck! ;)

While I agree that most likely this customer just has "life" happening, I'd also cover my butt if it's been several weeks. I'd send a note, but send it registered or certified (I've never had to do this so I'm not sure of the right term, but send it the method in which someone has to sign showing the letter was received). I'd be very nice in the note, of course, just telling her that I've been trying to reach her and wanted to make sure she knew her products were sitting at my house. I'd also let my director know the situation, just in case she'd call HO and complain of "poor service".

I know you didn't do anything wrong, and most likely she's just forgotten or whatever, but unfortunately some people are just mean. We've seen it from experiences some have expressed on this forum, and I'd hate for you to get caught up in that kind of situation when clearly you're trying to be helpful.

Good luck!

I would just hang onto the products. I would send her a note telling her that you have to products and for her to call you to arrange pick-up/delivery. That would be it. I doubt that she will do a charge-back. If she does, then just sell the products that she bought.

Did she order directly from you?

If she was a guest at one of her friends shows, there is the possibility that she just ordered products to support the host - and she is not in a rush to get them!

Good Luck!!

I agree with the others who say send it back. It sounds to me like she is blowing you off if she is there when you call but won't come to the phone. The next time I would say that if you don't hear back from her then you will have to send them back. I know that I have so much "stuff" around my house, I don't need to be a storage unit for others!:D

The other thing you could do if you don't want to send them back is get in touch with the host and give them to her. Maybe the guest will respond better to her friend. People can be wierd sometimes!

Send a note. Hold her stuff. Life gets really busy sometimes and I know this is hard to believe, but not everyone gets as excited about new pampered chef products as much as we do! :)

Rebeccascabinet said:
Send a note. Hold her stuff. Life gets really busy sometimes and I know this is hard to believe, but not everyone gets as excited about new pampered chef products as much as we do! :)
Bite your tongue! ;)

Related to Customer Won't Respond/Get Products

1. Why won't my customer respond to my messages?

There could be a few reasons why your customer is not responding. They could be busy with work or personal commitments, they may have accidentally missed your message, or they may have changed their mind about the purchase. It's always best to give them a few days to respond before following up.

2. What should I do if my customer still hasn't received their products?

If your customer hasn't received their products, first check the tracking information to see if there are any delays or issues with delivery. If the products were delivered but the customer didn't receive them, offer to send a replacement or provide a refund. If the products are still in transit, apologize for the delay and offer to keep them updated on the status of their order.

3. How can I handle a customer who wants to return their products?

If a customer wants to return their products, remind them of the return policy and offer to assist with the return process. If the products are damaged or defective, offer a replacement or refund. If the customer simply changed their mind, offer to exchange the products for something else or provide a store credit.

4. What if my customer is unhappy with their products?

If a customer is unhappy with their products, listen to their concerns and offer a solution. This could include offering a replacement or refund, providing tips on how to use the products, or offering to exchange the products for something else. It's important to address the issue promptly and professionally to ensure customer satisfaction.

5. What can I do if my customer is unresponsive after receiving their products?

If a customer is unresponsive after receiving their products, it's possible they are satisfied with their purchase and have no further questions or concerns. In this case, it's best to thank them for their purchase and invite them to reach out if they have any future needs. If the customer is still unresponsive, it may be best to move on and focus on other customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mary
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • jmwinfree
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • chefmickey1