• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Create a Memorable Candlelight Dining Experience with These Tips - May 4 Host

you could use the Simple Additions three-tiered stand, perhaps a few other accent pieces, and the pretty new silver carafe to make the table sparkle... If you don't have anything in mind to serve in the pieces, you could float small candles, flower heads or sprigs of green plants (like ivy) - that would be elegant!The title of this thread is a reference to the British show "Keeping Up Appearances." The main character is this howdie towdie english lady who is always trying to put on airs. She is always having Candle light suppers that everyone tries to avoid because she is so annoying! It is a really funny show!Alternatively, you could do a sand
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I have a host for May 4 - she just emailed me and asked to do a "candlelight Dining" show.....and I'm drawing a blank.
I can't talk to her about it until April 22 or so - she is traveling, and only sporadically checks her email (this email was in response to one I sent 2-3 weeks ago). I got her cell phone # from her daughter - but can't seem to get through - but I'd like to sound half-way intelligent when I do talk to her....any ideas on a Candlelight dining show??? I'm definitely thinking a pretty trifle, but other than that?

I would set up the oil dipping set and cheese board/knives, the wine bottle opener, the deep covered baker and a place setting with SA on her table (with the candles of course) and then demo a WOW dessert.

Then I would talk throught the appetizer and main dish made in the baker and place the dessert on the table as the finale. They will all be able to imagine the food!

You are so smart! That sounds wonderful! Thanks Beth.;)

Simple Additions and carafeMaybe you can use the Simple Additions three-tiered stand, perhaps a few other accent pieces, and the pretty new silver carafe to make the table sparkle... If you don't have anything in mind to serve in the pieces, you could float small candles, flower heads or sprigs of green plants (like ivy) - that would be elegant!

Why don't you do a candle garden in the Trifle Bowl. Put sand or pebbles in the bottom. Then put different size candles in it. You could do a beachy theme with seashells, starfish etc.

Make the Jamaican Jerk salad and maybe the new torte for dessert! Or sand pudding in the prep bowls or SA small bowls. Put those little paper umbrellas in them for decoration. I bet you could find some candy that looks beachy too. Gummy sandals would look too cute, if they make them!!

Sounds good to me. You could even do this as a patio party. Bring out the outdoor entertaining plates and new plastic cutlery. Make your candles different shades of light blue and teal to mimic the colors of water and coordinate with the plates.

I am loving this idea so much maybe I will do it myself!

Wow, such great ideas!

I never thought about doing a show with that type of theme before but I really like it !! That is cute!!

Karen Hodge said:
Why don't you do a candle garden in the Trifle Bowl. Put sand or pebbles in the bottom. Then put different size candles in it. You could do a beachy theme with seashells, starfish etc.

Make the Jamaican Jerk salad and maybe the new torte for dessert! Or sand pudding in the prep bowls or SA small bowls. Put those little paper umbrellas in them for decoration. I bet you could find some candy that looks beachy too. Gummy sandals would look too cute, if they make them!!

Sounds good to me. You could even do this as a patio party. Bring out the outdoor entertaining plates and new plastic cutlery. Make your candles different shades of light blue and teal to mimic the colors of water and coordinate with the plates.

I am loving this idea so much maybe I will do it myself!

Very creative Karen!!

Thanks!! I got really excited about it myself.

I had to laugh when I read the name of this thread. Has anyone ever seen Keeping Up Appearances? It is an English show that is on PBS. The main character is this howdie towdie english lady who is always trying to put on airs. She is always having Candle light suppers that everyone tries to avoid because she is so annoying! It is a really funny show!

Karen Hodge said:
Or sand pudding in the prep bowls or SA small bowls. Put those little paper umbrellas in them for decoration. I bet you could find some candy that looks beachy too. Gummy sandals would look too cute, if they make them!!

What is 'sand pudding'?

You could also make a 30 minute chicken and have that cooking while you make a pretty dessert in the Trifle

That is a great idea for a show!!! I would definately use the DCB because you could use the microwave if needed and it is a perfect fit. What about cornish hens with veggies and/or rice and maybe the chocolate molten cake made in the prep bowls. The new cookbook and I think the cookbook before this one has great recipes for 2.

The SA pieces will look wonderful on the table with candles and flowers and then some as plates. If you have the white it will look very elegant, but you could add the colored pieces as well.

Great idea for a show???? I was thinking I should have my husband read this and cook for me! :)

janetupnorth said:
Great idea for a show???? I was thinking I should have my husband read this and cook for me! :)

Maybe a new post should be how to use pampered chef products to please your significant other... it go from sweet to pretty x-rated :rolleyes:

Bottom of the trifle bowl also doubles nicely as a pillar candle holder :)

Keeping Up Appearances
Karen Hodge said:
Thanks!! I got really excited about it myself.

I had to laugh when I read the name of this thread. Has anyone ever seen Keeping Up Appearances? It is an English show that is on PBS. The main character is this howdie towdie english lady who is always trying to put on airs. She is always having Candle light suppers that everyone tries to avoid because she is so annoying! It is a really funny show!
Oh Karen I love that show. I dont get the BBS anymore and I missed it so much. They are hysterical and Hyacinth sp? is a crack up:D

Sand pudding is like dirt cake. Use vanilla wafers instead of chocolate cookies. You could do plan vanilla pudding or put bananas in. Top with crushed vanilla wafers. It looks like sand!

pamperedpsalmstress said:
What is 'sand pudding'?

Here is a recipe for dirt cake. You can put the dirt cake in a plastic flower pot and buy a new trowel for a serving spoon. I put gummy worms and those gummy frogs in mine, when I take it to family reunions. The kids scrape the bottom to get every last bit. I usually use chocolate pudding for mine. For sand use vanilla wafers instead of chocolate cookies!!

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
3 1/2 cups milk
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
32 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies with creme filling

DIRECTIONS
Chop cookies very fine in food processor. The white cream will disappear.
Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar in bowl.
In a large bowl mix milk, pudding and whipped topping together.
Combine pudding mixture and cream mixture together.
Layer in flower pot, starting with cookies then cream mixture. Repeat layers.
Chill until ready to serve.
Add artificial flower and trowel. Enjoy!

Last edited:
One more thingI went to Big Lots! this weekend and they had sand, blue candles and assorted sea shells. The sea shells were in a fairly large basket and were only $2.00 and there was even a starfish! I work for Big Lots so I get a discount too! I am really going to do this show. Thanks for a great idea!

pamperedpsalmstress said:
What is 'sand pudding'?

As far as I know it's dirt cake in vanilla instead of chocolate (vanilla pudding, cool whip mixed with crushed sandwich cookie on top to make sand/dirt)

Hee Hee - Karen, I'm glad you are so excited! It wasn't really my idea - it was my hosts idea....but I'm getting excited about trying it out too! This is an older lady - she has 2 daughters who hosts shows for my on a regular basis - she has always come to their shows, but never been interested until now in hosting her own! I want to do a great show for her! Thanks everyone for the great ideas and encouragement!

Share pictures!!When you creative types get this one put together, please share your final menu and pictures of the setting and presentation! I can't wait to see how this ends up looking!!!:)

Related to Create a Memorable Candlelight Dining Experience with These Tips - May 4 Host

1. How can I create a romantic atmosphere for a candlelight dinner?

To create a romantic atmosphere for a candlelight dinner, start by setting the table with a nice tablecloth, dimming the lights, and lighting some candles. Use soft music and add some fresh flowers or rose petals for an extra touch.

2. What kind of candles should I use for a candlelight dinner?

For a candlelight dinner, it's best to use unscented candles. This will prevent any strong scents from overpowering the food and the ambiance. You can also mix and match different sizes and styles of candles for a more dynamic look.

3. How can I make sure the food looks appetizing in candlelight?

To ensure that the food looks appetizing in candlelight, use white or light-colored plates and avoid using dark or patterned plates. Also, make sure to use warm lighting, such as soft yellow or orange, to bring out the colors of the food.

4. Is there a specific time of day that is best for a candlelight dinner?

The best time for a candlelight dinner is in the evening when it's dark outside. This will allow the candles to create a warm and cozy atmosphere. However, you can also have a candlelight dinner during sunset for a romantic touch.

5. What are some menu ideas for a candlelight dinner?

For a candlelight dinner, it's best to stick to simple and elegant dishes that are easy to prepare. Some ideas include roasted chicken, beef tenderloin, or salmon with a side of vegetables and a salad. Don't forget to add some dessert options like chocolate fondue or a fruit tart.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
cewcooks