• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Overcome My Nerves at My First Fair Booth?

In summary, Tammy is a bit anxious about her first fair booth. She's excited to be there and hopes to make some new connections. She's confident and excited for her show, but is worried about her performance. She thanks her Cluster mate for her support.
hoosierchef
Ok, as I sit here awake...way too late as I have to work in the morning, I thought I'd just put a quick post up there seek some encouragement.

I'm soooo nervous about the fair booth!! I'm working tomorrow night (after working a f/t job during the day) and Saturday night. Granted my director will be there as well.....but I'm so afraid I'll suck!! I don't have problems talking to strangers. I'm just afraid that I'll fumble when trying to answer any questions.

I've never done a booth before, so I'm doing this as a way to get my feet wet and hopefully build up some business. I let my business slip this summer and ended up inactive. :( But Conference was so exciting and I have a wonderful Cluster mate who helps motivate me simply by her being so excited!! (Secretly I wish SHE was my director. shhh! :p)

Anywho, I know they've had alot of success so far. Lots of people. I'm just afraid that with the heat coming back along with the storms we are supposed to get too, that I'll bomb. Then I'll be bummed. :(

Ok.....I better get my butt to bed. Sorry for the long post.

You will be just fine. Try to rest on your lunch break if you can. Try to think positive and you may just surprise yourself. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Good Luck... you will do fine... make sure you have DPDS.... and talk to the people.. their really not going to bite you!! Offer them a catalog for spring and summer and then get them to fill out their address information for a fall and winter catalog!! GOOD LUCK!!!

You'll do fine, Tammy! Most people at a fair aren't out to trip you up with tricky questions, they're just curious. Answer them honestly, and ask your Director if you need to. Take some water to drink- your throat will dry out from talking. Heck, I usually take a couple of cough drops to keep my throat moist at fairs.

This is your first time doing one of these things...take some deep breaths and know that you will be fine! It's kindof like at your first show. Once it's done, you won't ever be as nervous the next time around. It's nice that your Director will be there as moral support and to help you if you get stumped...which you probably won't!

Good luck! Here's to lots of bookings and recruit leads for you!!

1. What are fair booth jitters?

Fair booth jitters refer to the nervousness or anxiety that vendors experience before or during a fair or trade show. It is a common feeling as vendors want their booths to stand out and attract customers.

2. How can I calm my fair booth jitters?

One way to calm your fair booth jitters is to be well-prepared. Make sure you have all the necessary supplies, samples, and information about your products. Practice your sales pitch and have a positive attitude. Also, remember to take breaks and stay hydrated throughout the event.

3. What can I do to make my booth more appealing?

There are several ways to make your booth more appealing, such as having an eye-catching display, offering samples or demonstrations, and having a welcoming and friendly attitude. You can also consider having a theme or incorporating interactive elements to engage potential customers.

4. How can I attract more customers to my booth?

To attract more customers, you can use social media to promote your booth before the event. Offering special deals or promotions can also entice people to visit your booth. Having attractive signage and being visible and approachable can also make your booth stand out.

5. What should I do if I don't make many sales at the fair?

If your sales are slow at the fair, don't get discouraged. Take the opportunity to network with other vendors and potential customers. Collect contact information from interested individuals and follow up with them after the event. Also, take note of what worked and didn't work for your booth, and use that information to improve for future events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wcsis
  • VeronicaW
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
janezapchef
Replies
Views
chefloretta