• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are the best tips for organizing a successful Christmas vendor/craft fair?

In summary, Kristina plans to have her vendor/craft fair in November, starting in August and advertising in September and October. She recommends that the event have food vendors with liability insurance and suggests that people who make or sell quilts, knit, or do any kind of homemade gourmet food.
bsaxman
Silver Member
I am interested in organizing a vendor/ craft fair at a local Women's Club and I am looking for pointers from those who have had success in this area. Here are the questions that I am really looking for some input on:

1.) How soon before Christmas is the most successful time to have one of these fairs? One consultant suggested October, but many people don't even start shopping in October, so I am wondering if that would really be the greatest idea. What have you found most successful?

2.) Should I hold the fair for one or two days?

Any other random pointers you have would be wonderful! I know it sounds early, but I am looking to have this planned and paid for as early as possible. I have also started drafting a contract and thinking of contacts/ people I know that will be willing to participate. I figure I will make the registration fee enough to cover the rental of the room plus enough extra to cover out of pocket expenses for decorations and advertising.

Thanks for any/all input! :chef: :D

anyone??????????

I organize mine starting now as well, you are not too early!
I have my date set for November 15th (usually I would want to do the 22nd, but I have a show that night) I pick that day because A.) its a Saturday B.) it's before Thanksgiving C.) No one has hit the day after thanksgiving sales so they still have money!I start plastering the fliers around in August, targeted at those who would like a boothI really start advertising in Sept/Oct.A few things I've learned when having other vendors and crafty stuffs. *Create a floor plan and YOU decide where everyone is going to be set.
*Send fliers to each vendor in Sept/Oct to put up themselves. (they're in it for money too)
*Here in my area, if you choose to advertise in the newspaper, actually put the money out! Make it worth it! * Lastly, volunteer some family and friends to be milling around in your event making sure no one steals anything.

So Kristina, did you have a good show? Did you call EVERYONE before the show? How many random walk-ins did you get?

I'm thinking of doing this too, but I'm going to try a Christmas In July and see how that goes. But see, my town has this festival in July and they have a craft show downtown. My parents own a currently vacant building downtown, so while people are shopping the craft show, they can stop in. The only costs will be for advertising. Can you post whatever you have created? I need some ideas. What kind of booths are you trying to get?

I am looking to do:
Tastefully Simple
Premiere Designs
Pampered Chef (of course!)
PartyLite

I am also opening it up to see if i get a resonse from others at church, etc. about participating. (Like for example, a co-workers wife makes jellies and jams, and makes creative jar-toppers, and she may be interested in doing a booth also...)

bsaxman said:
So Kristina, did you have a good show? Did you call EVERYONE before the show? How many random walk-ins did you get?
The first one I did...wasn't so good, I had no idea what I was doin! lol But the second one went on with out even a bump in the road. I didn't call EVERYONE, I left the advertising to the newspaper ad, the fliers, the vendors, and word of mouth. I just didn't wanna be on the phone reminding people. Walk in's were amazing! Important point to remember, if they are serving food...they need to have liability insurance...you don't wanna take the fall for food illness.Oh and vendors that make it happen:Anyone who makes and sells quilts
Anyone who knits
Homemade gourmet ANYTHING ( I know someone who does gourmet Jerky *Amazing*!!)
an Avon, Marykay or Aurbonne lady (limit it to only 2 of the 3 and keep them very separate but on an even playing field)
Jewelry (Cookie Lee, Silpada)Put up fliers to get people to sign up as vendors!

Last edited:
emmabelle47 said:
I'm thinking of doing this too, but I'm going to try a Christmas In July and see how that goes. But see, my town has this festival in July and they have a craft show downtown. My parents own a currently vacant building downtown, so while people are shopping the craft show, they can stop in. The only costs will be for advertising. Can you post whatever you have created? I need some ideas. What kind of booths are you trying to get?

I can soon...I have last years on my computer at work, I will post them tonight.

Also does anyone have a vendor contract that they use? I found an OLD one on this site in the files section, but I was wondering if anyone had a more current one that I could use as an outline.

Thanks!

:D Brandi

Yeah, I'd love to see some paperwork others have used. I searched "vendors" under the files and didn't come up with much. Any other words I could use to search with?

bsaxman said:
I am looking to do:
Tastefully Simple
Premiere Designs
Pampered Chef (of course!)
PartyLite

I am also opening it up to see if i get a resonse from others at church, etc. about participating. (Like for example, a co-workers wife makes jellies and jams, and makes creative jar-toppers, and she may be interested in doing a booth also...)

I'm going to do a Christmas in July show and if it goes well, do it again in the fall. Not sure what you're planning on doing to showcase products, but I came up with an idea I think I might try. I made up gift sets (which I posted here somewhere) and I think I'm going to put them together in baskets and stuff. And then maybe add like chocolate chips, etc. that goes with the theme. What kind of ideas are you thinking of?

emmabelle47 said:
Yeah, I'd love to see some paperwork others have used. I searched "vendors" under the files and didn't come up with much. Any other words I could use to search with?

I searched for "contract" and I think a few older documents and flyers came up

I am working with the school system here to try and do a Stop N Shop at some of the schools in late October/early November. One of the elementary schools in a nieghboring county does one every year.
It is, of course, a fundraiser for the school. Several home based businesses rent a "booth space" (about $20-25)in the cafeteria or gym on a Saturday and faculty and parents shop. I am pushing for this time of year because things get so busy closer to the Holidays! 10% of all the sales go to the school but it is getting your name out!!
I haven't done this before; but, the girl on my team that does it every year says that she has been very pleased with the outcome every year except last year. The area that she is in (and me too) is very rural. A lot of the parents that were at the Stop N Shop are farmers, either full time or rely on it to make ends meet, and we had a REALLY dry year last year!!!
Just a tip, as far as what incentives you are offering, I will be offering free gift wrapping on any order of $40 or more. I went on the Current website and got the Jumbo rolls of wrapping paper. There are some really neat ones!! Of course I will be offering some kind of prize drawing and maybe a little something to MY top seller.
That might not help you in the least! Oh well, I tried!

emmabelle47 said:
I'm going to do a Christmas in July show and if it goes well, do it again in the fall. Not sure what you're planning on doing to showcase products, but I came up with an idea I think I might try. I made up gift sets (which I posted here somewhere) and I think I'm going to put them together in baskets and stuff. And then maybe add like chocolate chips, etc. that goes with the theme. What kind of ideas are you thinking of?

I love this type of thing!! I am doing an Apple Festival in October and I will be doing a couple of baskets with the Apple Wedger, Cinnamon Sprinkle, Caramels and the veggie peeler. But I would probably do some of the baking things around the holidays. Maybe the Pastry Mat, Pastry Blender and the Flour/Sugar Shaker! This yeat I will also be stuffing peppermints in Stainless Whisk and put a card that says "Wisking you a Merry Christmas!"
Now you have me wanted to put together baskets!!

jillbean said:
I am working with the school system here to try and do a Stop N Shop at some of the schools in late October/early November. One of the elementary schools in a nieghboring county does one every year.
It is, of course, a fundraiser for the school. Several home based businesses rent a "booth space" (about $20-25)in the cafeteria or gym on a Saturday and faculty and parents shop. I am pushing for this time of year because things get so busy closer to the Holidays! 10% of all the sales go to the school but it is getting your name out!!
I haven't done this before; but, the girl on my team that does it every year says that she has been very pleased with the outcome every year except last year. The area that she is in (and me too) is very rural. A lot of the parents that were at the Stop N Shop are farmers, either full time or rely on it to make ends meet, and we had a REALLY dry year last year!!!
Just a tip, as far as what incentives you are offering, I will be offering free gift wrapping on any order of $40 or more. I went on the Current website and got the Jumbo rolls of wrapping paper. There are some really neat ones!! Of course I will be offering some kind of prize drawing and maybe a little something to MY top seller.
That might not help you in the least! Oh well, I tried!

Its always really interesting to hear about other people doing this. Although I like the wrapping paper idea, I don't think I'd offer this- I'm absolutely horrible at wrapping stuff!! :blushing: I think I'm going to offer 10% off any of the gift sets I have designed. Plus a drawing for free products. And something else if they book a party....

I used the vendor contract on here as a template and designed my own contract to meet my needs. I wanted to share it in case any of you are considering this and looking for new ideas! Also any others who are seeing this thread for the first time--- any ideas or adivice would be appreciated! :D

Attachments

• Vendor Contract08.doc
    64 KB · Views: 315
That looks good to me...good luck!!

1. What is a Christmas Vendor/Craft Fair?

A Christmas Vendor/Craft Fair is an event where various vendors and crafters come together to sell their products and services in preparation for the holiday season. It is a great opportunity to find unique and handmade gifts, decorations, and delicious treats.

2. When and where is the Christmas Vendor/Craft Fair taking place?

The date and location of the Christmas Vendor/Craft Fair may vary, but it typically takes place in late November or early December at a designated venue such as a community center, church, or school.

3. Can anyone participate in the Christmas Vendor/Craft Fair?

Yes, anyone can participate in the Christmas Vendor/Craft Fair as a vendor or crafter. However, there may be limited space available, so it is best to contact the event organizer in advance to reserve a spot.

4. What types of products can I expect to find at the Christmas Vendor/Craft Fair?

The Christmas Vendor/Craft Fair offers a variety of products such as handmade crafts, jewelry, baked goods, home decor, clothing, and more. There may also be vendors selling products from well-known brands, such as Pampered Chef.

5. Is there an admission fee for the Christmas Vendor/Craft Fair?

The admission fee for the Christmas Vendor/Craft Fair may vary depending on the event and venue. Some fairs may have a small entry fee, while others may be free to attend. It is best to check with the event organizer for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
MaggieChef13
  • Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • soinlove808