• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Set Up a Wedding Registry in Canada for International Guests?

Just go ahead and process the orders as they come in. You can either have a catalogue show or just put the items on your website and take the payments through your website. You don't have to worry about collecting orders.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
Has anyone ever set up a "registry" in Canada for a bride? I need help with this. I would also be interested in hearing how it is set up in the States in case I need to improvise. I have a bride who is getting married in August. She wants to send out my business card out with each invitation as her place of registry. The guests are located in Canada, Germany and England. If I can do this, do I set it up like a party that ends a few weeks before the wedding and just take on-going orders? How do I arrange payment with the credit cards - now or at the end? The gifts will be sent to my town (bride lives here). Do I arrange for a family member to receive them or am I responsible for them until the wedding? Do I just process the individual orders as they come in or all at once so that the bride can get additional FPV? What other info should I be asking? All help is appreciated. Thanks.:confused: :D :eek:

The US registry is handled completely by HO. All we have to do is set it up. As guests order, items are shipped immediately (with applicable direct shipping charges), but the registry stays open until 3 months after the wedding or the couple redeems the rewards (basically, the host benefits).One of the issues I can see that you'll have a problem with is the out of country guests - unless they just send you payment and you have things delivered to the bride or yourself. If you do it as a show, so the couple can use the host benefits, then they wouldn't actually receive anything until the show is submitted.This is the info that HO made available when they introduced the revamped registry in the States. https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/wr_training_booklet.pdf

Wish we had a Registry!But, until we do, we have to do it ourselves. So, I would set it up as party - set the bride as the host on your website. List the items she wants under the details portion of the show - as items are purchased, update the list. It's time consuming, but if you're getting your name out there to at least 100 people (everyone who's invited, correct?), then it's worth it.

Also, since she's in your town, perhaps someone can also host a Pampered Bride show for her, too. :blushing:

If you want, you can receive the gifts and offer a gift-wrap service (for a fee), or have a family member take them. Even the bride - I opened a lot of gifts we rec'd before our wedding, that way I could get thank yous started right away, and we displayed the gifts at the gift opening.

Don't forget to get the bride a gift from you too! A Cookbook is always great - even the grilling book would be great- accomodates the groom, too!:D

I've attached a Well Stocked Kitchen file I got from this site, don't think it's been "Canadianized" yet.

Attachments

• Well Stocked Kitchen.pdf
    405.6 KB · Views: 412
my first PB ShowI had the Bride-to-be set up her WishList on my PWS. Then I printed it off and her mom and I are going to go through it. The day of the Shower - people can place a PC order for themselves AND the bride-to-be if they wish. Going by the Guest Sales, the Bride will receive her WishList BUT she (the bride) DOES NOT want to know which items she received. After I submit the order, her mom and the bridesmaids are going to bring all the products she earned to the get-together (where the bride, her mom, and bridesmaids) are going to do invitations, thanks-yous, etc.

At the Show, I am just going to put her WishList items on index cards (complete with picture, item number, price, and small description) and people can pick a card. That way, once an item is picked, it's no longer an option for others to purchase. (less confusing than having a master list OR a Wish List given to each guest).

We will also have a Wishing Well for those who just want to give money. We will be able to purchase extra WishList (included bigger priced items) with the extra mone if we choose.......

Am I correct in believing that people from other countries, England and Germany, can place an order and pay through my website as long as the item is being delivered to my city?? This is such a nice opportunity but I am complete 'boggled' by it. I'm confused. Should I collect orders and put it through as a catalogue show in the month of the wedding or is it smarter to put smaller registry orders through each month under her name so that I can process payment immediately instead of holding off until August?

Actually what I'm thinking of doing is having the bride listed as a catalogue party each month. The gifts can be delivered to her family. This way money will not be held in limbo (Mar-Aug). Because so many people live out of town,out of country, they will need to pay by c/c. This way there will be a consistent charge for shipping. Or...should I just list her bridal registry on my PWS(updating constantly) and have them ship direct to the bride's family and not worry about the 'party' aspect of it. The bride and groom would not get an extra benefit the way they would with a party but it might be easier and less confusing. Would I still be able to track the gifts to keep the registry updated? I am soooo lost with all of these details

What is a Canadian Wedding Registry?

A Canadian Wedding Registry is a list of desired gifts for a couple's wedding that is typically managed by a retailer or online platform. It allows guests to easily purchase gifts for the couple and helps the couple receive items they truly want and need.

How do I create a Canadian Wedding Registry?

You can create a Canadian Wedding Registry by visiting a retailer's website or in-store and selecting the items you want to add to your registry. Some retailers also offer the option to create a registry online and manage it from there.

What are the benefits of a Canadian Wedding Registry?

A Canadian Wedding Registry allows you to receive gifts that you actually want and need for your new home. It also makes it easier for guests to choose a gift and ensures that the couple won't receive duplicate items.

Can I add items from multiple retailers to my Canadian Wedding Registry?

Yes, you can add items from multiple retailers to your Canadian Wedding Registry. This allows you to choose items from different stores that may offer better prices or a wider selection.

Are there any restrictions on the items I can add to my Canadian Wedding Registry?

There may be some restrictions on certain items, such as alcohol or firearms, depending on the retailer's policies. It's best to check with the specific store before adding these items to your registry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • CMHC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ColleenPCC
  • jkerr