• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Use a Microplane Adjustable Grater to Make Nut Flour for Cakes?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of the Microplane Adjustable Grater for making nut flour and the lack of a recipe from Pampered Chef for this specific use. The speaker suggests looking for gluten-free, grain-free, paleo or keto recipes for a torte or cake using the grater.
masterschef
Ever since the Microplane Adjustable Grater came out I thought it would be great for making a nut flour. You can't chop nuts finely enough, even with the chopper and if you use a food processor you get something like peanut butter. I'm surprised Pampered Chef hasn't come out with a recipe that takes advantage of this use of the grater.

With the August special, I'd like to make a torte or some other kind of cake. A torte would be good in a springform pan. Most of the recipes I've found online are for Passover because you can eliminate the regular flour. That's not really what I'm looking for.

Any ideas?

Sarah

Hi Sarah,
I found in my Joy of Cooking book two recipes which are similar to what you want. One is a traditional German Mandeltorte (says it is moist and light w/ a hint of citrus) and the other is Queen of Sheba (Chocolate Almond Torte) ( moist and rich w/ brandy and almonds.. the brandy can be omitted). Both are pretty involved~ but are pretty flexible~ you can do some different sub. with the different nuts, and sub. citrus for cinnamon and almond, etc...
Are you planning on doing this at a show?
If you want the recipes, pm me and I will get them to you.
Karen

:I completely agree with you about the Microplane Adjustable Grater! I've been using it for years and it's definitely my go-to for making nut flour. I also love using it for grating hard cheeses like Parmesan. As for a torte or cake recipe using the grater, have you tried searching for gluten-free or grain-free options? There are a lot of delicious recipes out there using almond or coconut flour that would work well with the grater. Also, have you checked out any paleo or keto recipes? They often use nut flours as a substitute for regular flour. I hope you find a recipe that works for you! Happy baking!

1. What is nut flour?

Nut flour is a type of flour made from finely ground nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, or hazelnuts. It is a popular gluten-free alternative to traditional wheat flour.

2. How is nut flour used in cake recipes?

Nut flour can be used in a variety of ways in cake recipes. It can be used as the main flour in a cake, or combined with other flours for a unique texture and flavor. Nut flour can also be used as a replacement for breadcrumbs in cake toppings or as a substitute for flour in cake fillings.

3. What are the benefits of using nut flour in cakes?

Using nut flour in cakes can provide additional nutritional benefits, as nuts are a great source of healthy fats, protein, and fiber. It can also add a rich, nutty flavor and moist texture to cakes. Additionally, nut flour is gluten-free, making it a suitable option for those with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.

4. Can any type of nut flour be used in cakes?

Yes, a variety of nut flours can be used in cakes, such as almond flour, hazelnut flour, and pecan flour. It is important to note that different nut flours may have varying levels of absorbency, so it is important to follow a recipe that specifically calls for the type of nut flour you are using.

5. How should nut flour be stored?

Nut flour should be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. It is also recommended to store it in the refrigerator or freezer to extend its shelf life. Be sure to check the expiration date on the packaging and use within the recommended timeframe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • amya