• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitute for Buffalo Rub: Easy and Delicious Alternatives

o!No problem. Sometimes, people don't know where to look for that info. I was making sure you know where to look. I have noticed one exception to the cook's tip rule though. If the cookbook gives the tip the first time the blend appears in a cookbook, subsequent recipes do not give the tip again. You must check earlier recipes for the tip with the substitute.Does anyone know WHY Canada doesn't have the Buffalo Rub? I had my mom ship me some up from Florida. Just got it yesterday. AWESOME!!Does anyone know WHY Canada doesn't have the Buffalo Rub? I had my mom ship me some up from Florida. Just got it yesterday. AWESOME!!
kcjodih
Gold Member
Is there a substitute for this? I've wanted to make Becky's Buffalo Chicken Dip ever since she posted it and now there's a recipe in the new DCB cookbook that calls for it too but we don't have that here in Canada! :mad:

I'm really surprised they'd offer the cookbook here and seeing as they did you would think they would delete that recipe or offer a substitute since it's not available here. I've looked in a few grocery stores and haven't found it made by anyone else either :mad:

kcjodih said:
Is there a substitute for this? I've wanted to make Becky's Buffalo Chicken Dip ever since she posted it and now there's a recipe in the new DCB cookbook that calls for it too but we don't have that here in Canada! :mad:

I'm really surprised they'd offer the cookbook here and seeing as they did you would think they would delete that recipe or offer a substitute since it's not available here. I've looked in a few grocery stores and haven't found it made by anyone else either :mad:

Jodi, what I would do is just use more of the hot sauce - maybe double it? It will be a bit runnier, but I bet it will still be REALLY good!

The substitute is listed in the Cook's tip next to the recipe. I'm assuming you're looking at the Buffalo Chicken Lasagna. It says, "If desired, 6 Tbsp (90 ml) cayenne pepper sauce used for making buffalo chicken wings can be substituted for the Buffalo Rub. Add to chicken mixture in mixing bowl; proceed as recipe directs."

That's one thing I love about the PC cookbooks, is they always have a substitute for their proprietary spices for those who don't want to buy the blend or in the event someone is using an old cookbook and the blend has been discontinued. They can still make the recipe.

ChefBeckyD said:
Jodi, what I would do is just use more of the hot sauce - maybe double it? It will be a bit runnier, but I bet it will still be REALLY good!

Thanks Becky! Now I'm excited to try it again :)

lt1jane said:
The substitute is listed in the Cook's tip next to the recipe. I'm assuming you're looking at the Buffalo Chicken Lasagna. It says, "If desired, 6 Tbsp (90 ml) cayenne pepper sauce used for making buffalo chicken wings can be substituted for the Buffalo Rub. Add to chicken mixture in mixing bowl; proceed as recipe directs."

That's one thing I love about the PC cookbooks, is they always have a substitute for their proprietary spices for those who don't want to buy the blend or in the event someone is using an old cookbook and the blend has been discontinued. They can still make the recipe.

Oh my :eek: Now I KNOW it's time for bed. Between not seeing the alternative under cook's tips and totally not seeing the entire Strawberry Ice recipe in the SB...I'm obviously just plain not seeing..:rolleyes:

Thank you :D Off to bed for me!

kcjodih said:
Oh my :eek: Now I KNOW it's time for bed. Between not seeing the alternative under cook's tips and totally not seeing the entire Strawberry Ice recipe in the SB...I'm obviously just plain not seeing..:rolleyes:
!

No problem. Sometimes, people don't know where to look for that info. I was making sure you know where to look. I have noticed one exception to the cook's tip rule though. If the cookbook gives the tip the first time the blend appears in a cookbook, subsequent recipes do not give the tip again. You must check earlier recipes for the tip with the substitute.

Does anyone know WHY Canada doesn't have the Buffalo Rub? I had my mom ship me some up from Florida. Just got it yesterday. AWESOME!!

freebyrdz said:
Does anyone know WHY Canada doesn't have the Buffalo Rub? I had my mom ship me some up from Florida. Just got it yesterday. AWESOME!!

:cry:I want some toooooooooooooo

What is a good substitute for buffalo rub?

There are a few options for substituting buffalo rub in your recipes. You can use a combination of equal parts chili powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper for a similar flavor profile. Another option is to use a pre-made Cajun seasoning, which often includes similar spices to buffalo rub.

Can I use regular hot sauce as a substitute for buffalo rub?

While hot sauce can add some heat and flavor to your dishes, it is not a suitable substitute for buffalo rub. Hot sauce typically contains vinegar and other ingredients that can alter the taste and texture of your dish. It is best to stick with a seasoning blend specifically designed for buffalo flavor.

Is there a low sodium buffalo rub substitute?

If you are looking for a low sodium option, you can make your own buffalo rub using low sodium spices. Some brands also offer a reduced sodium version of their buffalo rub. Alternatively, you can use a smaller amount of regular buffalo rub and add in other herbs and spices to balance out the sodium content.

Can I use buffalo wing sauce instead of buffalo rub?

While buffalo wing sauce and buffalo rub both have a similar flavor, they are not interchangeable. Wing sauce is a liquid and is meant to be used as a glaze or dipping sauce, while buffalo rub is a dry seasoning meant to be rubbed onto meats or vegetables for added flavor.

What are some creative ways to use buffalo rub?

Besides using buffalo rub on chicken wings, you can also use it to season roasted vegetables, sprinkle on popcorn, add to homemade salad dressings, or mix into ground meat for burgers or meatballs. It can also be used as a dry rub for ribs or steak, or mixed into sauces for added flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
booksx2
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76