Buffalo rub substitute?

Discussion in 'Recipes and Tips' started by kcjodih, Apr 9, 2011.

1. kcjodih

kcjodih Gold Member

Is there a substitute for this? I've wanted to make Becky's Buffalo Chicken Dip ever since she posted it and now there's a recipe in the new DCB cookbook that calls for it too but we don't have that here in Canada! :mad:

I'm really surprised they'd offer the cookbook here and seeing as they did you would think they would delete that recipe or offer a substitute since it's not available here. I've looked in a few grocery stores and haven't found it made by anyone else either :mad:

2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Gold Member

Jodi, what I would do is just use more of the hot sauce - maybe double it? It will be a bit runnier, but I bet it will still be REALLY good!

3. lt1jane

lt1jane Gold Member

The substitute is listed in the Cook's tip next to the recipe. I'm assuming you're looking at the Buffalo Chicken Lasagna. It says, "If desired, 6 Tbsp (90 ml) cayenne pepper sauce used for making buffalo chicken wings can be substituted for the Buffalo Rub. Add to chicken mixture in mixing bowl; proceed as recipe directs."

That's one thing I love about the PC cookbooks, is they always have a substitute for their proprietary spices for those who don't want to buy the blend or in the event someone is using an old cookbook and the blend has been discontinued. They can still make the recipe.

4. kcjodih

kcjodih Gold Member

Thanks Becky! Now I'm excited to try it again :)

5. kcjodih

kcjodih Gold Member

Oh my :eek: Now I KNOW it's time for bed. Between not seeing the alternative under cook's tips and totally not seeing the entire Strawberry Ice recipe in the SB...I'm obviously just plain not seeing..:rolleyes:

Thank you :D Off to bed for me!

6. lt1jane

lt1jane Gold Member

No problem. Sometimes, people don't know where to look for that info. I was making sure you know where to look. I have noticed one exception to the cook's tip rule though. If the cookbook gives the tip the first time the blend appears in a cookbook, subsequent recipes do not give the tip again. You must check earlier recipes for the tip with the substitute.

7. freebyrdz

freebyrdz

Does anyone know WHY Canada doesn't have the Buffalo Rub? I had my mom ship me some up from Florida. Just got it yesterday. AWESOME!!

8. kcjodih

kcjodih Gold Member

:cry:I want some toooooooooooooo