• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beware of Magic Eraser Scam: A Warning to Avoid Falling for False Emails

In summary, the pictures in the e-mail that circulated recently were not of a 3-year-old child, and formaldehyde is not in the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
ahammons
Sorry everyone... it ended up being a false e-mail. I was going to check snopes before posting, but I was too lazy. :) Based on the pictures, I wouldn't have thought that someone would use them for a fake e-mail like this. Sorry again!

Last edited:
Okay, so the pictures didn't show up... I'll try again. But they're pretty bad. I feel awful for the poor kid! :(

Wow - that's a lousy deal.

I'm not sure I want to see the pictures....it sounds icky enough just reading it! I have a couple of those erasers in my house....not any more! Thanks for the warning!

I can't believe it!!! My 3 year old helps me clean all the time, I dont recall her using our magic eraser but I sure am happy that you posted it bc I will make sure she doesnt. Thank you so much for posting!

My kids are older, but I make them wear rubgber gloves when cleaning and using solutions or the magic eraser.

I was thinking about looking it up, but I'm too tired. I wouldn't have passed it around w/o checking, though. I always look up forwarded e-mails. It's irritating to me that these "urban legends" come around so often. Thanks for checking.

Well, I couldn't believe it because I've used Magic Erasers. I have blonde woodwork in my house and they are great!

It didn't make sense. They've been around a few years, now - surely there would have been a media scandal by now.

I'm so glad it's false because I LOVE the magic eraser!

Wow, I wish I had read the posts where is says this is false first.

Ashlee, why don't you edit your first post to let everyone know that this is not true before they read it. It was a little unsettling.

I would suggest also to take those sort of emails with a grain of salt. People like to pass them around all the time. Kitchen Guy beat me to posting the snopes.com link. ;)

I always check things on truthorfiction.com I actually checked this story on there before I read all of the other posts.

I always check them on snopes! I got one yesterday announcing an Amber alert. It, of course, was a hoax. When you read the snopes article about it, it was actually a pretty sick hoax!

We were just talking about this at preschool the other day and one of the other moms said that she used one on a day that she was wearing a black dress and the little shreds of the sponge left tiny tiny holes in her dress. Maybe it was the chemical reaction from the fabric and the sponge, but that is weird.

Sorry about that - I should have checked snopes first. But I did some looking online, and it looks like the pictures with the e-mail were real. Here is a link to the mother's blog, if anyone's interested: http://kerflop.com/2006/11/13/beating-a-dead-horse/
Also, it wasn't caused by the Mr. Clean brand, it was 3M/Scothbrite brand scrubbers. I'm not sure if the kid rubbed them on his body or what.

Sorry again!! :)

Related to Beware of Magic Eraser Scam: A Warning to Avoid Falling for False Emails

What is the Magic Eraser Scam?

The Magic Eraser Scam is a fraudulent email that claims to offer a free Pampered Chef Magic Eraser in exchange for completing a survey. However, the email is not from Pampered Chef and is instead a phishing scam designed to steal personal information.

How can I tell if an email is part of the Magic Eraser Scam?

There are a few red flags to look out for in the email. The sender's email address may not be from Pampered Chef, the email may contain spelling and grammar errors, and there may be a sense of urgency to complete the survey and claim the free product.

What should I do if I receive the Magic Eraser Scam email?

If you receive the email, do not click on any links or provide any personal information. Instead, delete the email and report it to Pampered Chef's customer service team. You can also report the scam to the Federal Trade Commission.

Has Pampered Chef been affected by the Magic Eraser Scam?

No, Pampered Chef has not been directly affected by the Magic Eraser Scam. However, the company takes the security of its customers seriously and encourages anyone who receives the scam email to report it.

What steps is Pampered Chef taking to prevent scams like the Magic Eraser Scam?

Pampered Chef has implemented various security measures to protect its customers, including using email authentication technology and monitoring for fraudulent emails. The company also regularly educates its customers about how to spot and report scams.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • etteluap70PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies