• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bartering at Craft Shows: Tips and Tricks for Trading at Vendor Events

In summary, Bobby traded PC for stamps from another vendor and is hoping to make a recruit lead out of the woman.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
I do a lot of trading at craft shows. I get Christmas gifts from other vendors in exchange for either something at my booth or with an order that I pay for.
I also exchanged PC for a rubber stamp of a chef and some "Thank You" stamps. I'm hoping she will be a recruit lead also. She asked lots of questions about our business.
I used to trade PC for haircuts, but now she's my latest recruit. I have to pay cash again.

Bobby, that's pretty cool. So, the value of the barter is retail value of the product, plus tax and shipping? Do you add the orders to a show, or place them as individual orders?

pampchefsarah said:
Bobby, that's pretty cool. So, the value of the barter is retail value of the product, plus tax and shipping? Do you add the orders to a show, or place them as individual orders?

The Craft Show was a fundraiser so I made it a fundraiser show from the $300 I got in orders.
I don't use the exact value of what I have as cash and carry but I have to if it has to be ordered. I told them what I was interested in from thier booth and told them to go find something from mine that they wanted. I lost money on my trade for jewelry but came out ahead on my trade for stamps.
I don't charge tax or shipping on my cash and carry items either since it's not going to be shipped.
I sell items at my booth to attract and get future customers. I don't try to make a big profit.

One of my hosts is a photographer who actually says on her website that she will trade for stuff including PC. Too bad I don't need photos right now!

Hi there! It's great to hear that you have found success with trading at craft shows. It's such a great way to network and expand your business while also getting some great gifts in return. I love the idea of exchanging PC for a rubber stamp and "Thank You" stamps. It's always a good idea to have some unique and personalized items to offer at your booth. And it sounds like you may have found a potential recruit as well! That's fantastic. Keep up the great work and happy trading!

1. Can I barter for a discount on Pampered Chef products at craft shows?

Yes, we often offer discounts or special deals for customers who are interested in bartering at craft shows. We believe in supporting local businesses and love the opportunity to trade our products for unique items from other vendors.

2. What kinds of items can I offer for a barter at a craft show?

We are open to a variety of items for bartering, but we typically look for high-quality handmade goods or services that align with our brand and values. This could include items like homemade jam, hand-crafted jewelry, or even a photography session.

3. Do I need to have a set value for my barter items?

While it is helpful to have an idea of the value of your barter items, it is not necessary to have a set value. We are open to negotiation and will work with you to find a fair trade that benefits both parties.

4. Can I barter for more expensive Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can certainly try to barter for more expensive products, but keep in mind that our prices are set based on the value and quality of our products. We may be more likely to accept a barter for smaller or mid-range items, but it never hurts to ask!

5. Is there a limit to how many items I can barter for at a craft show?

We do not have a set limit on the number of items you can barter for, but we do ask that the trade is fair and reasonable. We also may need to consider the availability of our products and the demand for them at the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef88
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jbachen
  • Jules711