• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Missing the Avacado Peeler?

The avocado peeler is handy, but it's not really a gadget. I would recommend it to someone who might want it, but I don't think it's essential.It's a gadget! I used to sell them a ton before they were discontinued. I think it's a great little tool!I never sold one. I never recommended one.
nikked
Gold Member
Here in NM, we were greatly disappointed when it was removed from the line.

However, my Director gave me a great tip when she was over for dinner one night...

The All Purpose Spreader works just as well (I actually think a little better). Pops the seed out of the flesh, and the flesh out of the skin, in no time flat!

So, when doing avacadoes at your shows, get out that spreader. They say that showing multiple uses for an item increases its perceived value to the customer. It's a small dollar item, but so what! If multiple people "tack" it on to their order because they just have to have it, it can make a huge difference in your bottom line!

YES - I miss selling it... I keep one in my TTA asn tell folks to keep there eyes open on the Outlet for it... Good plug for my website.

The spreader is AOK...

Nope. I believe I sold a grand total of 1.

I never sold a single avocado peeler..... but I got one for myself just a few months before they were discontinued! It's a great little tool!

I don't miss it at all. Never sold one. Never recommended one.

I would rather show my $70 Santoku knife to cut it in half, tap the blade into the pit and twist to remove the pit, and use a large spoon to "spoon" the flesh out in one piece. Then slice or dice as needed!

Or, once it's in half and the pit is removed, you can score the flesh while it's still in the skin to make cubes. Flip the skin inside out and pop off the cubes!

Look at you, Kelly. Always thinkin'

I'm with Kelly on this one.

I am just not a big believer in gadgets, and I REALLY felt that thing was a gadget. We sell high quality kitchen TOOLS!

(Not to bash any of you that loved the avocado thing...I know many people did! To each his own...)

it's funny....right before they were discontinued last summer, i did a show where the hosts daughter RAVED about them. I sold 12. The only 12 I sold! hehe

I love the "gadget" part of TPC. Having tools that are designed to do a particular task, but can also be used for other things, makes me happy! :) My highest show sales are stocked with gadgets. I love the stoneware, cookware, knives, etc., but the gadgets are what I'm most passionate about, so that's what I sell the most of.

I have never been comfortable with the knife in the pit method. Makes me nervous...

I also use the Santoku to cut the avocado in half and remove the pit, as Kelly described. I use the avocado peeler just to remove the flesh from the skin, and only do that when I need it sliced, not when I'm cubing or smashing. Cutting the flesh right in the skin works great, and then I just squeeze it into a bowl and smash it up.

I had someone buy like 25 of these - she uses them as thank you gifts when she goes to someones house for a meal/to stay over.

Hi Nikki!

I live in NM too, where guacamole and salsa abound. Never tried our avocado peeler- guess I never had trouble peeling it the old fashioned wah with a knife to slice/pit and a spoon to scoop- But I did sell quite a few- usually someone would order like 5-10 for gifts or something. Who knows!
Koren

Hi Nikki,I am in Colorado and I love the Avocado Knife. In California I never had to pay the price I pay here for vegis and the nice thing about this tool is that you waste nothing!
I now only use it at home, though there are guests watching the outlet hoping to get one.

I like(d) the avocado peeler! I use it every time I make guac and I use it to peel kiwis, too! You know the knife in the pit trick? That works with the avocado peeler, too! I tried it once and was amazed. I, too, am afraid of slamming that sharp knife at the pit of the fruit I'm holding in my hand...But alas, it is no longer a product, so I tend to agree with the others...sell them the $70 Santoku knife and let them scoop with a spoon!

Since I don't like avacados (at all!)... I don't miss it ;)

I had 3 people ask about it at a fair yesterday.

I especially liked it for peeling kiwi but my guests are actually more impressed when I cut it with my santuko and then "peel" it by running a regular teaspoon around under the skin.

Related to Are You Missing the Avacado Peeler?

1. Why do I need an avocado peeler?

An avocado peeler is a handy tool that helps you easily remove the skin of an avocado without the risk of cutting yourself with a knife. It also ensures that you get the most flesh out of the avocado, reducing waste.

2. How do I use the avocado peeler?

Using an avocado peeler is simple. First, cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Then, gently glide the peeler along the skin of the avocado, applying slight pressure. The peeler will scoop out the flesh while leaving the skin behind.

3. Is the avocado peeler safe to use?

Yes, the avocado peeler is designed with safety in mind. The blade is sharp enough to easily remove the skin of the avocado but not sharp enough to cause harm to your fingers.

4. Can I use the avocado peeler for other fruits and vegetables?

While the avocado peeler is specifically designed for avocados, it can also be used for other soft fruits and vegetables like kiwis and mangos.

5. How do I clean and maintain the avocado peeler?

The avocado peeler can be easily cleaned with warm soapy water and a gentle scrub. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing it. It is also recommended to sharpen the blade occasionally to ensure optimal performance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
deanna_g
  • Malinda Klein