• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cheap Almond Flour for Delicious Protein Scones

I've heard that almond flour is a good substitute for regular flour, but I'm not sure if I can invest $10+ in a bag of almond flour when I only need 2 1/2 cups. Anyone have any suggestions on an alternate ingredient or some where to get it cheaper than at our local store?If you have a coffee or spice grinder, you can make your own. But you have to be careful not to make it into almond butter. :-) If you just want to use it as a replacement for flour, use about 1/4 cup (or less, if you're using a lower-fat version of almond butter).
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I ran across a yummy looking recipe for some protein scones. It calls for almond flour rather than regular flour. :eek: Not sure if I can invest $10+ in a bag of almond flour when I only need 2 1/2 cups. Anyone have any suggestions on an alternate ingredient or some where to get it cheaper than at our local store?

If you have a coffee or spice grinder, you can make your own. But you have to be careful not to make it into almond butter. :)

I buy mine online - it's cheaper that way, but you have to buy a larger qty. If you decide you like it, and you'd like to buy more, you can get it at Amazon (I buy Honeyville brand - 5 lb package.)

It's a really great alternative for people who are gluten intolerant, or looking for low-carb flours! And it's full of fiber and other nutrients!

Here's another place I've thought of ordering from - but the shipping sorta cancels out the savings, if the only thing you want is a lb. of almond flour. :rolleyes:

Almond Flour - Almonds - Nuts - NutsOnline

ChefBeckyD said:
If you have a coffee or spice grinder, you can make your own. But you have to be careful not to make it into almond butter. :)

I buy mine online - it's cheaper that way, but you have to buy a larger qty. If you decide you like it, and you'd like to buy more, you can get it at Amazon (I buy Honeyville brand - 5 lb package.)

It's a really great alternative for people who are gluten intolerant, or looking for low-carb flours! And it's full of fiber and other nutrients!

Do you just use it as a simple replacement for any recipe calling for flour? Is there a different amount to use or anything else that has to go along with it when you use it as a substitute?

How does it compare to using whole wheat flours? Nutritionally speaking (aside from it having gluten).

I'm really wanting to try cutting flour and refined sugars out of my diet, so I'm trying to figure out what things make for great substitutes--and how to use them.

Hi there! I totally understand your concern about the cost of almond flour, it can definitely add up. One option you could try is making your own almond flour at home using whole almonds. All you need is a food processor or high-speed blender and you can grind up the almonds into a fine flour. Another option is to check out discount grocery stores or bulk food stores, they may have almond flour at a lower price. You could also try substituting a portion of the almond flour with another gluten-free flour like coconut or oat flour. I hope this helps, happy baking!

1. What is the price of the almond flour used for the protein scones?

The price of the almond flour used for the protein scones varies depending on the size and type of packaging. However, Pampered Chef offers affordable options for our customers to enjoy delicious and healthy scones without breaking the bank.

2. Is the almond flour used for the protein scones gluten-free?

Yes, the almond flour used for our protein scones is gluten-free, making it suitable for those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease. We understand the importance of accommodating dietary restrictions and strive to provide options for all of our customers.

3. Can I use any brand of almond flour for the protein scones recipe?

While you can certainly use any brand of almond flour, we highly recommend using Pampered Chef's almond flour for the best results. Our almond flour is specifically designed for baking and has been tested and perfected for our protein scones recipe.

4. How much almond flour do I need for the protein scones recipe?

The amount of almond flour needed for the protein scones recipe depends on the number of scones you are making. For a batch of 8 scones, you will need approximately 2 cups of almond flour. However, it is always best to follow the specific measurements provided in the recipe for the perfect texture and taste.

5. Can I substitute almond flour with other types of flour for the protein scones?

We do not recommend substituting almond flour with other types of flour for our protein scones recipe. Almond flour is essential for the high protein content and unique flavor of the scones. However, if you have a nut allergy or cannot consume almond flour, you can try using a gluten-free flour blend as a substitute.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LeanneB.
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • thefoodking
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Jennie50