• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Zyliss Rotary Grater with 2 Barrels: Why Only 1 on Ours?

In summary, to change the barrel on the Zyliss Rotary Grater, twist the top handle to the left to unlock the barrel, replace it with the desired one, and then twist the handle to the right to lock it in place. The grater is dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended. It can be used for hard cheeses and can be cleaned by removing the barrel and washing it with warm soapy water. Additional barrels can be purchased separately or in a set for different grating needs.
ChefKeender
Yesterday I was shopping at my local supermarket, and something caught my eye. It was a rotary grater that looks identical to ours, made by Zyliss. I know they make/made some of our products so I wasn't too surprised to see it. What did surprise me, though, was that it came with two barrels. I almost bought it so I could have a barrel with larger holes. Why does ours only come with one barrel? It seems harder to shred cheddar and mozzarella, and sometimes I don't want such a fine grind. Hmph!!!

Maybe the 2nd drum will be a "new" product next season?
Curious, how much was the Zyliss?

I think it was around $15. But little or no warranty, I'm sure.

Hmmm, very interesting!

Someone at conference said they didn't include a grate container b/c that would make the product too expensive. I imagine the same logic comes into play with the second container.

Here it is:
http://www.cutleryandmore.com/details.asp?SKU=9136
Similar, yes...but many differences.
Ours can be used lefty or righty
Ours can grate in both directions
Our one barrel can be used for both hard and soft cheeses.

I think our handle seems better also

Hi there! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take pride in providing high-quality products to our customers, and we understand your frustration with only having one barrel on our rotary grater. Our team is constantly evaluating and improving our products, and we will definitely take your feedback into consideration for future versions of our rotary grater. However, we also want to assure you that our grater is designed to provide the perfect shred for most types of cheese, and we recommend adjusting the pressure and speed of grating to achieve your desired texture. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you for your support of our products!

1. How do I change the barrel on the Zyliss Rotary Grater?

To change the barrel on the Zyliss Rotary Grater, simply twist the top handle of the grater to the left, which will unlock the barrel. Then, remove the barrel and replace it with the desired one. Finally, twist the top handle to the right to lock the barrel in place.

2. Is the Zyliss Rotary Grater dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Zyliss Rotary Grater is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the life of the product.

3. Can I use the Zyliss Rotary Grater for hard cheeses?

Yes, the Zyliss Rotary Grater is designed to grate hard cheeses such as parmesan or pecorino. The sharp blades and sturdy construction make it perfect for grating even the toughest of cheeses.

4. How do I clean the Zyliss Rotary Grater?

To clean the Zyliss Rotary Grater, simply remove the barrel and wash it with warm soapy water. Use a small brush or toothpick to remove any food particles stuck in the blades. Then, let it air dry or dry it with a clean cloth before putting it away.

5. Can I purchase additional barrels for the Zyliss Rotary Grater?

Yes, you can purchase additional barrels for the Zyliss Rotary Grater. We offer a variety of barrels for different grating needs, such as fine, coarse, and extra coarse. You can purchase them separately or in a set to have all options available for your cooking needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
smilesarepriceless
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jendill
  • pchefkristin