• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Family's Favorite Recipe: 3 Times and Counting!

In summary, this recipe has been made three times and has received positive feedback from family and guests. Changes were made to the recipe, such as using different types of oil, adding Italian sausage and other ingredients, to improve the taste. The recipe has been a hit at a show and has resulted in bookings. Some variations were made to accommodate personal preferences and dietary restrictions, such as omitting peppers for a milder flavor. Diced tomatoes with onions may not be available in all areas, but regular diced tomatoes can be used as a substitute. Overall, this recipe is loved by all who have tried it and is recommended for future use.
bgilmore
I have made this recipe 3 times. My Family LOVES it....

The 1st time I made it, it was good but was missing something and I followed the recipe exactly. My hubby was not impressed with the size of the tomatoes in it, he doesnt like the big chunks. But thought everything else tasted good and agreed that I could tweek the recipe a little to make it better before a show demo.

2nd time: I made the recipe exactly the same way other then instead of the olive oil, I used the PC Garlic Infused Canola Oil and I added some cooked Italian Sausage (used Mix & Chop), added about 1/4 chopped onion (used Food Chopper), 1/3 cup of parmasean cheese (used Cheese Grater) and a 1/2 cup black olives (used Can Strainer & Egg Slicer Plus). This totally worked. I also chopped the 2 cans of diced tomatoes so hubby would be happy. It turned out very good. Hubby was impressed. Now it is ready to demo at a show!!!

3rd time: I made this recipe as a demo at a show. The guests loved it... My show was over 1300.00 and I got 4 bookings and 2 requested that I demo this when they hold their show. I also got to demo 4 additional products and a Pantry Item...:):):)

I have read in one of these threads on here that co-cheffers had tried this recipe and it was missing something. Maybe you could try this, it worked for me and I had a great show and several compliments on it. As long as it is working this is what I am cooking. :chef:

As my sil says, Olive Garden better watch out. ;)

I used the petite diced tomatoes instead of regular diced tomatoes. Agree that this is a fabulous recipe! :thumbup:

Just made this for one of the offices where I work. I forgot to bring the dang spinach! But I left just a little of the seeds in...not alot and it had just the right amount of "heat" they LOVED it!!!! 10 of us ate a double batch!!!! I also made them the Mock Lemon Merginue Cake and 8 people almost devoured that!!

I used them as a "Pamper Your Business" since I have never done one. They are all gather in an order on one sheet so hopefully I will at least recoup my $ and add to my points for the incentive.

I tend to follow the recipe for demo purposes because I want them to be able to make it and get the same result. But the alteration for home sound delish!:chef:

I made this last night but since I am a mild flavored sort of person I left out the pepper and onion. I LOVED it!!!! It was so very good, I will definately be making this much more often. I love cheese ravioli and now this makes it even more delish!

i just made this tonight for the first time & my husband loved it! i didn't do anything different except i used the petite diced tomatoes w/sweet onion. we will definitely have this again!

Where are you all finding diced tomatoes with onions?? I've looked all over. I can find tomatoes with garlic, tomatoes with jalapeno, and stewed tomatoes with onion, garlic & celery...but no tomatoes with onion.
??
Amy

It might just depend on where you live. Some items are regional, they may not sell in your area so the store doesn't carry them.

I just used regular petite diced tomatoes and then used fresh chopped onion.

I got some canned diced tomatoes with onions and green bell peppers. Will that be too much pepper? I saw the online video demo, and it's a Hunts tomato product, which I found on the Hunts website. I can't believe they don't sell them in the Sacramento area of California...but I've been to WalMart and Raley's and haven't found it yet.

You'll be fine with that. It'll taste great. I think it's a pretty forgiving recipe. I loved Beth (the original poster's) recipe version. I followed her suggestions and it turned out great! My family loved it! I will definitely be making this dish over and over again.

I did this one at home too, but I left out the jalapeno (?sp) because of the baby. I just used a can of the regular diced tomatoes (petite diced would work great) and sauted some fresh chopped onion with the garlic. The baby LOVES this, and even my picky eater will devour it!! Wonderful recipe!! :thumbup:

Tracy

i love this recipe! everyone at my show sat loved it too!!!

i had made it the first time w/o the jalapeno b/c i didn't have it on hand..but for the show, i did use it, and i liked the 'little' kick it added....

:> for those woh can handle a little more punch, i say leave in some of the seeds..

I was SURPRISED at how much we liked it! I am not a big ravioili fan, but this was delish!

My family really liked this recipe. I was shopping at Target and they did have the petite diced tomatoes with onion, but they did not have baby spinach or little round frozen ravioli. I had to use grown-up spinach (hah!) and normal-size square meat ravioli.I think it could use more punch, so will leave in some of the jalapeno seeds when I make it again. I was shopping at a different store for the ingredients and they didn't have petite diced tomatoes with onion....just petite diced. I can add some sauteed onion.

I am going to try this but WITHOUT the spinach ... eeeww, gross! I also prefer meat ravioli to cheese. I think I have a can of tomatoes with jalepenos in them ... I pick them up when they are on sale. Also, I have picked up Ravioli at my Giant Eagle cheap and got a $1.50 coupon off my next two.

1. What is "My Family's Favorite Recipe: 3 Times and Counting!"?

"My Family's Favorite Recipe: 3 Times and Counting!" is a cookbook created by Pampered Chef that features a collection of delicious and easy-to-make recipes that are perfect for busy families.

2. How many recipes are included in "My Family's Favorite Recipe: 3 Times and Counting!"?

There are a total of 50 recipes included in "My Family's Favorite Recipe: 3 Times and Counting!" This includes a variety of dishes such as main courses, side dishes, desserts, and more!

3. Are the recipes in "My Family's Favorite Recipe: 3 Times and Counting!" healthy?

Yes, all of the recipes in "My Family's Favorite Recipe: 3 Times and Counting!" have been created with health and nutrition in mind. They use fresh and wholesome ingredients and include nutritional information for each recipe.

4. Can I make substitutions in the recipes from "My Family's Favorite Recipe: 3 Times and Counting!"?

Yes, you can make substitutions in the recipes to fit your dietary needs or preferences. The cookbook includes tips and suggestions for substitutions for common ingredients.

5. Are the recipes in "My Family's Favorite Recipe: 3 Times and Counting!" suitable for beginners?

Yes, the recipes in "My Family's Favorite Recipe: 3 Times and Counting!" are designed to be easy to follow and suitable for cooks of all levels, including beginners. The cookbook also includes helpful cooking and preparation tips.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
sharalam