• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tasteless Product - Need Ideas to Spice it Up!

In summary, some people think the product is okay, but others prefer homemade guacamole. Some people also think adding garlic or extra avocados makes a big difference.
JaimeQ
Whats everyone think of this product?? My hubby and I tried it this evening and we both didn't like it much.

Any thoughts on how to make it taste better?

We are thinking adding another avacodo, a tomato and some onion.

I think it's okay in a pinch, but I prefer real homemade guacamole. (avocado, tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapenos, lime juice)
Just my 2 cents. :D

SusanBP0129 said:
I think it's okay in a pinch, but I prefer real homemade guacamole. (avocado, tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapenos, lime juice)
Just my 2 cents. :D

Ditto what Sue said...

I agree too. I don't think that calling "Zesty" is really accurate either.

Yea we actually were thinking that ours was much better and will prob. stick to it... but I still have 2 pouches of the mix..

I didn't think it was that great, either. My family really liked it, though (sisters and brothers and spouses). I made it for home and added a tomato. It was better that way.

Definately add an extra avocado and a tomato. I really loved the salsa and had several customers who bought it in bulk. I was hoping they would bring it back as a 3 pack.

Shawnna said:
Definately add an extra avocado and a tomato. I really loved the salsa and had several customers who bought it in bulk. I was hoping they would bring it back as a 3 pack.

I love it as is but then again, I don't like a lot of spice. Do they not sell it as a 3 pack anymore???

BTW (including my show tonight), everytime I do the guac. at a show, I sell it. Everytime.

add a garlic clove (or 2 ) it makes a huge difference. I don't like it otherwise.

Christ Follower said:
I love it as is but then again, I don't like a lot of spice. Do they not sell it as a 3 pack anymore???

BTW (including my show tonight), everytime I do the guac. at a show, I sell it. Everytime.

Theys sale it as a 3 pack, Shawnna was talking about the Salsa mix we use to have in our pantry line! I liked the salsa too and I use to mix some into the guacamole! I wish they still sold it too, a 3 pack of salsa mix would be nice

I like the guacamole, but I always add extra stuff to it too! I think it's great if you need it quick or if you do not like much work! Otherwise I keep it on hand for shows and as a backup around the house in case of an emergency!, if I need some quick! It's not expensive to just try it especially on our paperwork order, so I say try and you can determine if you like it as is, or need to add more, or just plain don't like it! Seems to be quite a bit of mixed opinions about it here!:balloon:

Last edited:
I think it would be better without cilantro - But I think anything is better without cilantro

I think it is o.k. for a mix but fresh is always better

When I make this I too add to it.... I use 3 avacodos, 1 small tomato seeded, 1 cup sour cream, and 1 clove of garlic. I also like for it to refrigerate for a hour or so.

Kathytnt said:
I think it would be better without cilantro - But I think anything is better without cilantro

I'm with you on that!! I don't like cilanto at all... and I can taste it even if there is the littlest bit in there.

What are some ways to add flavor to bland dishes?

1. Use herbs and spices: Experiment with different herbs and spices to add depth and complexity to your dish. Some popular options include garlic, cumin, oregano, and paprika.

2. Incorporate citrus: Adding a squeeze of lemon or lime juice can brighten up your dish and add a refreshing tanginess.

3. Try different sauces: From BBQ sauce to soy sauce to hot sauce, there are endless options for adding flavor to your dish. Just be sure to taste as you go to avoid overpowering the other flavors.

4. Use broth or stock: Adding a splash of broth or stock can add richness and depth to your dish, especially when cooking meats or vegetables.

5. Don't forget about salt: Sometimes, a dish just needs a little salt to enhance the flavors. Just be sure not to overdo it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kate0831
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
raebates
  • SPAMSTIME
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies