• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Zag Bag Show: Unbelievable Host Benefits and No Recruitment!

In summary, the company provides a 45% discount off of a $400 show, but only if you are a recruitment target. Additionally, the consultant said that they are not currently interested in hiring new consultants.
ChefKeender
I attended a Zag Bag show last Friday. For those that don't know, Zag Bag is a DS company. You go to a show (more like an open house) where they have TONS of fabric swatches laying around. You pick the style of purse/bag/wallet you like, then choose your fabrics, and wait a month or so for them to assemble your $30-$150 creation. Anyway, this is the second one I have attended and decided to book a show since there is another purse I want to make but don't have the $$$. So, I ask the consultant about the host benefits. I about fell over. If I have a $400 show (their average), I receive 45% off. THAT'S IT!!! If I have a $500 show, 55% off!!! Oh, and I think I might get $5 off IF someone books off me.

But wait, it gets better. The friend I went with mentioned to the consultant that she might be interested in signing up as she likes the idea of no demo/presentation to do (she used to sell PartyLite, but didn't like that part). Get this...the consultant said, "Well, we're not really interested in recruiting anyone right now." Something about avoiding a saturated market. I about fell over again. I can't imagine how this company will make it. Don't get me wrong, the purses/bags are cute and well crafted, but what is the incentive to book a show, and how will they grow with no recruits? All I know is, it just makes me appreciate my PC business even more. PC ROCKS!!!!!!

WOW! How did you pick your jaw up off the ground?

We have a company like that around here called "Viv Pickle". They actually HIRE their consultants, so they're not independent contractors like us, and they probably don't make as much in commission as we do. The purses are very labor intensive, and they need a "factory" area and have to hire good seamstresses to make them (unless they make them on their own). They also have to buy the fabric and accessories, and trademark their shapes/styles/names, etc. I think they do better as storefront businesses that sometimes do in-store and home parties to sell their products and get the word out. At least that's what I've seen. Since the products can't be mass-produced, it really makes the mark-up on the purses small in comparison to mass-produced items like PC products.

I actually looked into having my own purse making business and renting a store-front in my local downtown area, but realized the return-on-investment would be REALLY tough and I'd be putting in a lot more hours to make it work than I was with my already-established PC business. Maybe someday, though! ;) You should always have a dream! :D

Someone posted on another thread here this week that they didn't want to recruit so they told people PC wasn't hiring at the time.

That could just be the consultant talking in this case too... as we know, one on one a consultant does not always accurately reflect the company's positions.

So did you go ahead and book a show?

I checked out their website - it looks like they have "territories" for their consultants, so they may not want to add new consultants to an area that already has several consultants (which we all know is a load of bunk!) ;)

Yep, I went ahead and booked. I'll just work my butt off to get as big a discount as possible. I REALLY want the purse. Plus, it's not until October so I have time to save some money. I did find out that in July they had double show value as a special ($400 show = $800 show). They don't always have monthly specials, just once in awhile. Too bad I didn't know about it. I would have been all over that.

Hmmm - I checked out their website. First thing I noticed is that when you click on specials, July info is still on there.

Then, I wanted to see if there was a consultant in my area, and the only one in Michigan is in the podunk little town where I grew up! I don't think that qualifies as saturation....there are only a handful in any given state, and none in many states.

To get with that company, you'd have to be a http://www.oldtimecandy.com/images/candypix-pages/zagnut_small.jpgand hang out in bars.

Too Funny!! That one caught me off guard.

1. What is a Zag Bag Show?

A Zag Bag Show is a unique type of party hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant, where guests receive a bag filled with surprise products from the company. It's a fun and exciting way for guests to experience the products and for the host to earn rewards.

2. What are the host benefits for a Zag Bag Show?

Hosts of a Zag Bag Show can earn up to 30% in free products, half-price items, and exclusive host-only specials. They also have the opportunity to earn a booking bonus and extra rewards for each additional party booked from their show.

3. Is there a minimum sales requirement for a Zag Bag Show?

Yes, there is a minimum sales requirement of $200 for a Zag Bag Show. This helps ensure that the host can earn the maximum rewards and benefits from the party.

4. Do I have to recruit guests for a Zag Bag Show?

No, one of the unique features of a Zag Bag Show is that there is no need to recruit guests. The bags are designed to be shared with friends, family, and coworkers, making it easy for the host to reach the minimum sales requirement and earn rewards.

5. Can I customize the products in the Zag Bag for my guests?

Unfortunately, the products in the Zag Bag are pre-selected and cannot be customized. However, the surprise element of the bag adds to the excitement and allows guests to try a variety of products they may not have chosen on their own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• allisonw
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Becky0216
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • JennsRAQ